X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaps on Old Radian

Just test flew my Old Radian after installing 1.5" x 12" flaps. Don't have 90 Deg. yet but really slows down with about 75 to 80 deg. flap and 15 deg. of down elevator mix with what full flap that I have. Was hard to catch it before adding flaps but looks like it's possible now. Will try next time.

Yeah...I added spoilers to mine. Really helps bring it down. Doc

Comment

Can one of you put up a picture of your flaps? I've thought about installing the spoilers that come on the Radian XL but I've been flying the regular Radian for so many years, that I can't imagine the need to slow it down any further than stock.

Comment

Hi xviper. I can't take any credit for the idea. I went by the following RC Groups thread with a few mods. I used and old Weller soldering gun with some homemade tips from #12 copper wire to cut the grooves and servo pockets. Works great. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...p-mod-for-ALES

Comment

Interesting bit of work. Likely helps the Radian float a little better with partial deployment. I've got quite a bit of electronic gear up front that it's a bit nose heavy and I don't really want to add weight to the tail. This may be a possible solution.

Comment

Working...
          X