X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Aces, that's a really great recreation of Pacific Theater Corsair.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aces View Post
      Hi everyone. Thought I would show off my new 1700mm Corsair. It has not yet been maidened. Spent the last three months putting it together and mostly painting. My thoughts on the paint scheme are that this bird was stationed on one of the South Pacific Islands and made it through the war but the salt water and constant rain left it pretty worn. And the insignias are mostly just what came with the plane so Its kind of a mix. Not trying to win any "scale" awards here.
      Just damn...

total badass-ery there.
      Nice Job

And FYI, when you don’t try to win awards - that’s when you win awards!:Cool:

Comment

Hi everyone. Thought I would show off my new 1700mm Corsair. It has not yet been maidened. Spent the last three months putting it together and mostly painting. My thoughts on the paint scheme are that this bird was stationed on one of the South Pacific Islands and made it through the war but the salt water and constant rain left it pretty worn. And the insignias are mostly just what came with the plane so Its kind of a mix. Not trying to win any "scale" awards here.
        Man, that is cool! Really beautiful work...please do share your techniques...and welcome!

Comment

• Thank you for the compliments. The next bird that I do I will post videos of the weathering techniques. You can find a lot of good stuff on YouTube. Just search for weathering techniques on model airplanes.

Comment

• Pleasant days everyone. I've been away for a few (TDY), but, now I'm back on the grid and playing catch up for all I've missed these past few weeks. Good to be back.

Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

That's some impressive work there. However, the more I look, the more something appears out of place.

Then it hit me ...

Where's the duct tape??? LOL Nice Job:Cool:
              Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

• Finally bit the bullet and purchased the F4 Phantom, after watching it for 9 months since it was announced. Did my own version of a "Key West" Sundowner Camo version with help from Callie for a custom decal for the tail. Added matching wing tip paint for orientation and visibility (cause that's my biggest problem when flying-other than landing of course) and included the 3D exhaust nozzels and the cockpit. Love this plane! Every product Motion comes out with from Freewing/Flightline is just outstanding.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Teaching my niece how to fly , and she loved it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_29821.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	154056
                  BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Love it, waiting for time and weather break to maiden
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	22323B4A-79E1-47A5-B6F3-D9731C5B31DE.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	154455

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
                      Teaching my niece how to fly , and she loved it.
                      I hope she keeps her interest up. We need more like her learning activities like this. :) Great to see.

Comment

• Flew my Balsa USA Eindecker 3 today.

Comment

I've been out of the click here for a little since the hurricane and got a chance to get on the forum and then I seen your Awesome work and was "Blown" away by it. That is some awesome work. Thank You for sharing and welcome to Squawk.
                          Still Learning:D

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_5714.png
Views:	308
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	157150

Comment

• RCJD, your paint job looks awesome mate. I just wish it were on an F-20 Tiger Shark. Your paint work still looks great, and your rendition of this plane is nice man.

Best Regards
                              Woody

Comment

• Looks awesome Steve, do I dare ask if you modded anything besides the paint?!?!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• No Dan, just the paint...for now.

Comment

• RNZAF A-4. Maiden was successful....

Comment

• RNZAF A-4 before her maiden... Still here!!! :-)

Comment

• I remember seeing some Skyhawks fly over many years ago when I lived in NZ. Sweet little things but I doubt they would last long in a battle nowadays.

Comment

• Here's part of my EDF fleet. Love them all but the Hawk is by far my favorite to fly. Out of the box that thing is just locked in and has oodles of power. This was taken just a couple days ago just before I flew the maiden on the F4. Missing is my A-6 which is down for a nose landing gear strut. The orange tanks and leading edge paint really help with orientation on the Mig. Also put a couple 5w LED landing lights on which also help on final. That thing disappears in the mountain backdrop we have on approach at my field.

Comment

Working...
                                          X