X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

You'd be surprised how many tickets we get for seemingly "easy" things that a simple video can thwart. And conversely, a lot of people may see the size get intimidated and not look further, but seeing just how simple it is can make a world of difference.
    I'm not surprised. I've seen people try to unscrew a beer cap that isn't a screw cap or plow into a door that clearly states "PULL". I'm sure there will be the "odd" buyer who will scream their heads off after the unboxing because they didn't get any screws for this plane. :Silly:

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

You'd be surprised how many tickets we get for seemingly "easy" things that a simple video can thwart. And conversely, a lot of people may see the size get intimidated and not look further, but seeing just how simple it is can make a world of difference.
      True, I feel wear you are coming from.
      I just forgot everybody hasn't built a lot of planes like I have. Ive watched every video of this plane from the FMS factory and know it very well by now that I just can't wait to get it in my shop.
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I'm not surprised. I've seen people try to unscrew a beer cap that isn't a screw cap or plow into a door that clearly states "PULL". I'm sure there will be the "odd" buyer who will scream their heads off after the unboxing because they didn't get any screws for this plane. :Silly:
        You Got That Right!!!
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Not sure if you guys know - we've have this new plane in stock for 2 weeks. We're working on build and flight videos. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...der-3000mm-pnp
          SOooooo, how many have you shipped out the door?

Comment

t33, if you are in the USA, you may have gotten your Fox by now if you had ordered from Motion. You also get free shipping if you're in the states. For me, I get free shipping only if I order directly from FMS or, as it turns out, from my local hobby shop, they take care of all the shipping and exchange on the dollar and brokerage, etc, and that becomes my best price for this. Nevertheless, we in igloo land, aren't in that much of a hurry to get new planes. Sure, we still fly our big sailplanes these days, but we're losing our field in about 10 days. Beginning in the New Year, nobody flies anything (legally) unless we find a private facility. All the other "official" fields don't have winter flying once the snow covers the access road in.

Comment

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

SOooooo, how many have you shipped out the door?
              enough that I reordered already and I wish I had ordered more the first time. This thing is awesome. I've got to hand it to FMS on this one.

Comment

t33, if you are in the USA, you may have gotten your Fox by now if you had ordered from Motion. You also get free shipping if you're in the states. For me, I get free shipping only if I order directly from FMS or, as it turns out, from my local hobby shop, they take care of all the shipping and exchange on the dollar and brokerage, etc, and that becomes my best price for this. Nevertheless, we in igloo land, aren't in that much of a hurry to get new planes. Sure, we still fly our big sailplanes these days, but we're losing our field in about 10 days. Beginning in the New Year, nobody flies anything (legally) unless we find a private facility. All the other "official" fields don't have winter flying once the snow covers the access road in.
                Motion did not have them on the first day that FMS announced this plane or I would have ordered it from them.
                They also at the time gave two thirty dollar discounts to the early orders.
                So I went with that so I could get one into my paint shop because if you know the JetMan, I repaint all my planes.
                FMS gave me free shipping on my order also.

If Motion, has given any out, these people sure have been silent about it. Hard to believe when everyone wants to be the first to brag about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

enough that I reordered already and I wish I had ordered more the first time. This thing is awesome. I've got to hand it to FMS on this one.
                  So where are all the braggers at then ? We know how this things goes on here.

Comment

I didn't know this. That's interesting that you've had this for this long and Horizon (who is attached at the hip to FMS) is still only taking pre-orders at the moment and delivery won't be till mid-Jan. FMS currently states "Out of Stock".
                    It really had to do with luck more than anything. I just happened to be placing an order when the plane went into production. Horizon usually gets FMS stuff first because they are about 30x our size and place a lot more orders.

Comment

57, I am not trying to bust your balls because MotionRC has gotten my money and I am in with them on their planes.

Comment

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

So where are all the braggers at then ? We know how this things goes on here.
                        I believe that sailplanes or gliders are not the type of plane that exudes the kind of sexiness, glamour or thrill that we commonly see in the new warbirds, military planes and jets. Hence, producers of such planes don't hype them up as much as they don't expect the same sort of buying madness. I think this plane surprised them (the manufacturer and sellers) in that they didn't foresee this much interest in a plumped up version of an existing Fox. That previous Fox had a bit of a "ho hum" reputation about it. In the same token, new owners of this thing can't imagine that many others would actually care or get excited that they bought one.

Comment

People always want to be the first reviewer/ unboxing of something new, that is just human nature in these days of social media. I'm still waiting for the Americans to show up.
                          I can keep this up all day .......Till my plane shows up :) , then I will be in the paint shop till I am done with the repaint , i need some work to do.

Comment

Hey guys, was lucky enough to get one of the first batch Motion had of these. Being that I live in Southeast Arkansas, our flying weather has been pretty good for December. I can now report to you all and Tom that these Fox 3000mm gliders(sailplane) fly very well. I have 11 flights so far. The build was super easy and just a few adjustments on control throws and it was out the door. We fly off an old Ag strip here and have both 2300ft of paved and about the same of grass parallel to the main runway. The runway is surrounded by fields, nothing to smack but the old hangar. This model does take some juice to climb out. It is a tad bit heavy. It will soar on a calm day in a constant descent. I've had no issues with the prop folding back when you cut the power. Had some flyers ask me about that. It truly is fully aerobatic. No tip stalls as of yet. And Alpha and the guys at motion can attest I have many of the models Motion RC sells. I can compare this Fox with some of the Warbirds and some of the jets. It tends to want to float and balloon on landing. Set your landing mark on final. Once you've made the threshold, chop the power. It will settle fast. I can appreciate the long carbon fiber wing spar and the rear horizontal spar. Someone at FMS did their homework. Mine came from Motion with a carbon fiber/ABS prop that was installed and a spare in the box. Want to thank you guys for that. I really wanted to get on here and give you all the pros and cons but I just haven't found any cons yet. Maybe something will go wrong in the future, but for now, I'm keeping it. BTW, I too ordered one from the FMS factory a few weeks before they showed up at Motion RC. I'm still waiting. Look, no matter what you call this, sailplane, glider or powered glider, it's a great flyer. Those of you who get this into the air will really appreciate the sound this plane makes! I enjoy listening to all the jets I've bought from Motion, but this just has a very unique sound. And....I have yet to use full flaps on landing. I guess the decent rate is okay with me and I carry power to the threshold anyway. You are going to really like this model. It's Christmas eve, I'm on my computer and it looks like today will be flying weather. So, I'm taking my Fox glider, my B-24 and the F-14 today, if something goes wrong with my Fox, I will let you all know post haste! Good flying, Dutch

Comment

Dutch, Com on man, its 2018 you didn't attach one picture,. Everyone has a cell phone with a camera even poor people.

I'm calling fake News, till I see some new photos :)

Comment

Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                                Hey guys, was lucky enough to get one of the first batch Motion had of these. Being that I live in Southeast Arkansas, our flying weather has been pretty good for December. I can now report to you all and Tom that these Fox 3000mm gliders(sailplane) fly very well. I have 11 flights so far. The build was super easy and just a few adjustments on control throws and it was out the door. We fly off an old Ag strip here and have both 2300ft of paved and about the same of grass parallel to the main runway. The runway is surrounded by fields, nothing to smack but the old hangar. This model does take some juice to climb out. It is a tad bit heavy. It will soar on a calm day in a constant descent. I've had no issues with the prop folding back when you cut the power. Had some flyers ask me about that. It truly is fully aerobatic. No tip stalls as of yet. And Alpha and the guys at motion can attest I have many of the models Motion RC sells. I can compare this Fox with some of the Warbirds and some of the jets. It tends to want to float and balloon on landing. Set your landing mark on final. Once you've made the threshold, chop the power. It will settle fast. I can appreciate the long carbon fiber wing spar and the rear horizontal spar. Someone at FMS did their homework. Mine came from Motion with a carbon fiber/ABS prop that was installed and a spare in the box. Want to thank you guys for that. I really wanted to get on here and give you all the pros and cons but I just haven't found any cons yet. Maybe something will go wrong in the future, but for now, I'm keeping it. BTW, I too ordered one from the FMS factory a few weeks before they showed up at Motion RC. I'm still waiting. Look, no matter what you call this, sailplane, glider or powered glider, it's a great flyer. Those of you who get this into the air will really appreciate the sound this plane makes! I enjoy listening to all the jets I've bought from Motion, but this just has a very unique sound. And....I have yet to use full flaps on landing. I guess the decent rate is okay with me and I carry power to the threshold anyway. You are going to really like this model. It's Christmas eve, I'm on my computer and it looks like today will be flying weather. So, I'm taking my Fox glider, my B-24 and the F-14 today, if something goes wrong with my Fox, I will let you all know post haste! Good flying, Dutch
                                Hey Dutch. Thanks for getting back. What battery are you using and where are you placing it to achieve cg? Also are you hand launching it yourself or getting a second hand?

Comment

Hey James, attaching a few photos to show you the setup for CG. I'm flying the EPR40006X6 batteries. This is a true screamer. I proved that today by ripping the tips off of the elevator! Both tips. Almost vertical dive, began the pull up as normal and maybe cranked it a tiny too much. But landed safely. No other damage. Now, I had my Futaba T8J transmitter and included receiver in before, and a gyro. Figured I wanted to try without all that and put a basic 6 channel Futaba receiver and transmitter in the Fox. Yeah, end result, while on third flight of the day I was out doing aero and managed to hurt my Fox. Please stock parts! And for all you nay sayers, I really do have one and can take parts off of it in flight! Lets see you do that! Take care James, I will order repair parts soon as you all get them. This is one fantastic plane!!!!!! Buy one people. Dutch

Comment

Sorry, forgot some questions. It is being hand launched, but not by me! Kinda heavy and awkward, so had a buddy help me out. It really needs a shove to get it airborne, it seems that a tall person can do a launch better. Had to give credit to Evan(my second pilot and all around pilot type dude!). I have a new pilot for it on order and will place her when I receive. I know it fly better then! Dutch

Comment

Should include this little tid bit too. On the Fox glider, the flap travel will allow you to extend the flaps upwards, past center if you have a rotary switch selected. This enables you to use that throw to act as sort of a set of pseudo spoilers(so to speak). At altitude, in level flight, you can dial in some up flap for an amazing way to dump forward speed and lift. Appropriate down elevator is needed, but makes a really cool entry into a spin, dial it back to neutral, apply power and she is back to normal flight envelope. We have lots of room where we fly, so really is unlimited possibilities. I posted these just for t33jetman. Enjoy! Dutch

Comment

Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                                        Should include this little tid bit too. On the Fox glider, the flap travel will allow you to extend the flaps upwards, past center if you have a rotary switch selected. This enables you to use that throw to act as sort of a set of pseudo spoilers(so to speak). At altitude, in level flight, you can dial in some up flap for an amazing way to dump forward speed and lift. Appropriate down elevator is needed, but makes a really cool entry into a spin, dial it back to neutral, apply power and she is back to normal flight envelope. We have lots of room where we fly, so really is unlimited possibilities. I posted these just for t33jetman. Enjoy! Dutch
                                        Dutch , you are killing me .you want me to die.
                                        Every picture but non of the one in question, the FOX GLIDER man , it's the one we want to see not other people or planes.
                                        I'm not going to do any modifications to any of those planes, but I will modify a FOX GLIDER by FMS.when it gets here. I need something to keep me going while i'm waiting.

You earned this .......FAKE NEWS!.

Comment

Okay....So first the battery measurements. From rear cockpit bulkhead to battery end is 4 and 3/4 inches. From front cockpit bulkhead to end of battery is 6". I'm calling the front cockpit bulkhead the rear of the plastic insert motor mount. That's where I'm finding the sweet spot. As for the Fake News reports, I've contacted my personal lawyer and he has agreed to release the following photo's from a dossier on the new Fox 3000mm powered Glider. One has been spotted in Hamburg, Arkansas. It's owned by a poor farmer with no cell phone(and who can't see very clearly to fly). No monies were exchanged between said farmer and t33jetman. But if said Farmer were to repaint the Fox glider he has found that the stick on graphics come off very willingly and one would hope it wouldn't be painted the darn all flat black. Perhaps the U-2A all aluminum or the the NASA paint scheme. I hope I have answered all of your questions to the fullest of my abilities. Though I do not remember much senator. :Whew:Dutchman

Comment

Working...
                                          X