X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Dutchman :Whew:

Not going to paint mine black or silver, but it it will be very nice. Graphics and pilot and extra are here now here with the paint.

Good to know about the graphics ,that will save a lot of time and work.

My two other planes are done now and I needs some work to do BAD, it's like a drug to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181202_230831.jpg Views:	3 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	169162
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

T33jetman, those are two very fine looking T-28's, beautiful detail. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Trojan. I have a little over 4,000hrs in them, mostly for air shows and some movie work. I would very much like to see your Fox glider when finished! Please post photo's. Most poor people have cell phones. I like the glider enough that I will buy a second one. And, I have several others here who now want one. So Motion RC should have ordered more than 10! And parts, lots of parts! The way we fly down here, nothing is sacred!!

Comment

And those are just a drop in the bucket, that man is a true artist with the airbrush and paint!:Cool:

Comment

Thanks Dutchman,

I will post the entire transformation on Hobby squawk, so look for it. I hope I can do this plane justice. That pilot has to go first thing.

Rifleman, Thank you for your service ! You are the MAN.
          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Yes, the pilot does suck. But with some enhancements, I will stick him in one of my other planes that nobody cares to watch anymore. There really is so much more you can do to this plane to cosmetically improve it. Break in the clouds....have to run. Fly time.

Comment

Dutchman, I got your msg. , you are so lucky enjoy them both.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190103_150329.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	170157Click image for larger version

Name:	20190103_150811.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	170158
                Finally got one. Looks big enough for the new pilot.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	170160 Rub decals 30 sec to 1 minute with ice cub , then just pull off without any damage.

Comment

With the decals removed, I now have a clean slate to start painting on.

Bigger than the T28. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190104_110649.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	170322

Comment

Looking forward to see the new paint scheme

Comment

I like it without decals as I am a scale sailplane nut...I might have to pick one up and do a real clean, streamlined scheme....
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Pushing through the sickness.
                          Didn't want to paint any of the plastic parts this time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190104_154818.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	170416

Comment

Adding the speed brakes to the wings before painting starts.
                            Got them off my old Radian XL glider. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190105_120435.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	170541Click image for larger version

Name:	20190105_120446.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	170542Click image for larger version

Name:	20190105_120502.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	170543

Comment

What type/brand of paint are you guys using on your FMS foamies? I've used Krylon Colormaster acrylic crystal clear "flat" with great results giving an even sheen and sealing in the graphics from Callie Graphics on my Flight Line P38 from Motion, but have not done color coating as yet. Also it looks like the factory graphics come off nice using the ice method. Does it leave any residue? Already talked to Callie about a new scheme for this one.
                              Thanks, Roy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190107_182125.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	171071Click image for larger version  Name:	20190108_120545.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.6 KB ID:	171064Click image for larger version  Name:	20190108_120557.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	171065

Comment

I take it that your are using 2 servos to work those airbrakes? The XL uses just one as the central section doesn't come apart.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    I take it that your are using 2 servos to work those airbrakes? The XL uses just one as the central section doesn't come apart.
                                    Yes, I'm using two servos.

Comment

I'm going to install similar airbrakes on my Bird of Time. Let us know how those XL ones work for your Fox. For mine, I'm going to try "crow" (down flaps and Up ailerons) to attempt the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        I'm going to install similar airbrakes on my Bird of Time. Let us know how those XL ones work for your Fox. For mine, I'm going to try "crow" (down flaps and Up ailerons) to attempt the same effect.
                                        Will do! This paint job has got down to lots of wet sanding before I can get to the fun part.

Comment

• I maidened mine today. It was a bit nerve wracking hand launching it myself, as I am not a great hand launcher, but luckily all went well, took a bit of time to get her trimmed out but when I did she flew nicely. When I tried to land, the first attempt i tried with no flaps and she just kept on going. Power up, go around, then the 2nd attempt I dropped the flaps, she settled down and landed nicely. She rolls a good way even on our grass field. I'm going to have to get better at placing my landings right after the threshold. I did notice that she is really sensitive to elevator while I was landing, so I don't know if it was just me with nerves during the maiden, or if I need to add more expo, or move the battery more forward. I was flying with a 6S 5000 pack, but is tons of space for a much larger pack. Maybe a 6S 8000 or so pack is in my future. I didn't try flipping the flaps up as spoilers (i guess that what you call it) on the maiden, I've never done that before, so I'll try it on a future flight.
                                          My only gripes so far is that it is a PAIN to get the wings on or off. They fit so tightly in the fuse pockets that you have to use so much force fully seating them, and getting them of. Firmly rocking the wing back and forth helps, but feels so wrong. I also have an issue getting the tail to fully seat the first time or two after connecting the elevator and rudder servo leads.
                                          I'm keeping the styrofoam packing as a transport cradle. It works perfectly.
                                          Looking forward to flying this plane more and more and getting to know and enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X