Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's unbox the #FMS 3000mm #Fox Glider with Richard Baker A huge glider with amazing 3 STEP SNAP-TOGETHER EASY CONSTRUCTION
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

I am not into gliders,but I could see this with a U2 type paint job....justbmay have to get 1 for Christmas:)

Comment

Mine is on it's way:)
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6902.jpeg
Views:	1527
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	164765

Comment

FMS shows "sold out". Oops, Now shows "in stock".

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fox.jpg
Views:	1186
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	165812

Comment

Got one on the way to do a build video and flight review. Really excited to fly this monster. How do you like it t33?

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
                  Got one on the way to do a build video and flight review. Really excited to fly this monster. How do you like it t33?
                  Mine ,is on the way also on a slow boat from China.

Comment

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Mine ,is on the way also on a slow boat from China.
                    You mean that handsome devil hiding behind the Fox isn't you? :) I would have thought that even the free shipping from FMS would be via postal service (rather than "ground"), which shouldn't take more than a week to 10 days. Mind you, it's Xmas time and the post office is flooded with parcels.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      You mean that handsome devil hiding behind the Fox isn't you? :) I would have thought that even the free shipping from FMS would be via postal service (rather than "ground"), which shouldn't take more than a week to 10 days. Mind you, it's Xmas time and the post office is flooded with parcels.
                      Sorry, but that is not the Jetman.i copied these pics off FMS site. Its not ten days yet since my order went in. But it's on the way they say from Singapore.

Comment

Sorry, but that is not the Jetman.i copied these pics off FMS site. Its not ten days yet since my order went in. But it's on the way they say from Singapore.
                        Ahh, yes, Singapore Post. Even by air, it's still the "slow boat" from China.

Comment

Uncut 8 minute Flight- #FMS 3000mm (118") Fox Glider No edits, no music and more power off maneuvers to show you the real performance of the #Fox.

Comment

Thanks for posting that video, T33jetman! I've been wondering how the market will react to a model of this size, feature set, and price point. They're on the website so I guess I'll see soon enough. I love the sound it makes on those power off loops and passes!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I look at this plane as a "giant" foamie airplane that can fly adequately on low power. I don't look at it so much as a "glider" and certainly not as a sailplane. With this line of thinking, I'll more than likely buy one.
                              I love big foamies but the disadvantage of other large planes is their lack of ease to put together and take apart. Transport size is important. While most big planes require screws to hold wings on, this one snaps together so you don't lose little bits and pieces. Sure, screws have made assembly/disassembly easier compared to what it could be without them but assembly would be impossible if even one screw goes missing. Same goes for the tail. Most big planes, the tail stays on but this one, the tail easily snaps on and off. I've arrived at the field on occasion only to find one of the wing screws fell out in the car during the ride there and I've used up all the spares from the last time I lost one. Brought the big plane and all its batteries for nothing.

Comment

I look at this plane as a "giant" foamie airplane that can fly adequately on low power. I don't look at it so much as a "glider" and certainly not as a sailplane. With this line of thinking, I'll more than likely buy one.
                                I love big foamies but the disadvantage of other large planes is their lack of ease to put together and take apart. Transport size is important. While most big planes require screws to hold wings on, this one snaps together so you don't lose little bits and pieces. Sure, screws have made assembly/disassembly easier compared to what it could be without them but assembly would be impossible if even one screw goes missing. Same goes for the tail. Most big planes, the tail stays on but this one, the tail easily snaps on and off. I've arrived at the field on occasion only to find one of the wing screws fell out in the car during the ride there and I've used up all the spares from the last time I lost one. Brought the big plane and all its batteries for nothing.
                                This is by far not to be compared to the likes of a Eflite Radian XL, which is way lighter and will just float forever. A nice copy of the real plane with the COOL FACTOR of having no screws .
                                This feature may show up in future planes as a selling point.
                                I view this as a sailplane and not a glider, but I'm cool with that. In the video he dosn't show having put in half flaps and trying to stay up , but I will on mine.

Comment

This is by far not to be compared to the likes of a Eflite Radian XL, which is way lighter and will just float forever. A nice copy of the real plane with the COOL FACTOR of having no screws .
                                  This feature may show up in future planes as a selling point.
                                  I view this as a sailplane and not a glider, but I'm cool with that. In the video he dosn't show having put in half flaps and trying to stay up , but I will on mine. They don't even use flaps for landing on this plane.
                                  The comparison may not be valid but on my previous smaller Fox, I had partial flaps to help it hang better power off. For me and that plane, it didn't work so well. With some flaps applied, the plane tended to stall very easily, drop a wing and begin a death spiral. If you're going to try it, do so way up high in case this Fox does the same thing. The little Fox needed about 100 feet to recover from the spiral. I would try some flap and UP ailerons (crow?) to slow it down more just before landing touch down.

Comment

The comparison may not be valid but on my previous smaller Fox, I had partial flaps to help it hang better power off. For me and that plane, it didn't work so well. With some flaps applied, the plane tended to stall very easily, drop a wing and begin a death spiral. If you're going to try it, do so way up high in case this Fox does the same thing. The little Fox needed about 100 feet to recover from the spiral. I would try some flap and UP ailerons (crow?) to slow it down more just before landing touch down.
                                    Wow! you must have been really flying slow. Good to know on the first flight to check her out.

Comment

Wow! you must have been really flying slow. Good to know on the first flight to check her out.
                                      Yeah, I was trying to soar/glide. Big FAIL!

Comment

I was in contact with my local hobby shop that I buy FMS from (via Horizon). It's the best way for me to purchase FMS planes. The bottom line is that the price is like the shipping is free and the exchange rate is better than I can do when using a CC or PayPal and paying in USD. The hobby shop deals with brokerage and it's worked into the final price. Any shipping damage is not my concern. They don't even involve me if that happens. After looking at the predictions of what our dollar will do in the next 12 months (from bad to horrible), I decided I'd have them order one for me. It should be arriving in mid to late January, about the same time as the new Corsair from Motion.

Comment

I was in contact with my local hobby shop that I buy FMS from (via Horizon). It's the best way for me to purchase FMS planes. The bottom line is that the price is like the shipping is free and the exchange rate is better than I can do when using a CC or PayPal and paying in USD. The hobby shop deals with brokerage and it's worked into the final price. Any shipping damage is not my concern. They don't even involve me if that happens. After looking at the predictions of what our dollar will do in the next 12 months (from bad to horrible), I decided I'd have them order one for me. It should be arriving in mid to late January, about the same time as the new Corsair from Motion.
                                          I heard from FMS support last night about my order. Its slow because of all of the Christmas orders and shipping everyone is doing with EMS. Because of the slow boat from China, they gave me another $30.00 credit on my account. My order is sitting somewhere in USA. should be in my hands before Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                                          X