X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
    I didn't try flipping the flaps up as spoilers (i guess that what you call it) on the maiden, I've never done that before, so I'll try it on a future flight.

My only gripes so far is that it is a PAIN to get the wings on or off. They fit so tightly in the fuse pockets that you have to use so much force fully seating them, and getting them of. Firmly rocking the wing back and forth helps, but feels so wrong. I also have an issue getting the tail to fully seat the first time or two after connecting the elevator and rudder servo leads.
    Good to know you were able to huck the thing by yourself.
    I think sailplane guys call it "reflex" - UP flaps that is accompanied by a little DN ailerons. Be careful when you throw the flaps UP. This is supposed to help the plane lose altitude quickly while maintaining airspeed.
    If I discovery the wings and tail are tight and difficult to put on and take off, I'll use a little silicone grease in those areas that might help them slide a bit better. I have some lab grade vacuum grease and I think a very thin layer of that in the right places will ease things along.

Comment

• Hi all, Flash Jorden and Xviper, the maneuver where you push the flaps up over center is indeed nicknamed "reflex" or "tickle". I guess I should have went into detail about what it is used for. You do need to droop your ailerons a bit and add a bit of DWN elevator. What happens is the aircraft tends to want to really dump airspeed fast. If you attempt to add power without cleaning up the aircraft first, you will spin. I managed to rip the tips off the elevator already on my first one. Kind of a weak spot as it's all foam out there. So, it is aerobatic, just use a hint of caution. T33jetman is seriously gonna embarrass us all if his paint and Spoilers look as good as they do in the pictures. Way to go! Can't wait to see what she looks like when you are done. I've assembled and flown the second one I have, I think I'm up to 7 or 8 flights on that one. Our weather is threatening to change the end of this week, and the weekend is a wash. But I have a couple of different size Grumman G44 Widgeons to get airborne, so won't be flying. Got some graphics for a NASA aircraft coming and will install on the second Fox. I'm envious of t33jetman, wish I had the time. Someone has to grow the mud down here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
        I'm envious of t33jetman, wish I had the time. Someone has to grow the mud down here.
        Thanks man, I'm trying to do my best not to have a cookie cutter looking plane at the field.

I'm a very busy man : 1hr 15 min drive home every night, been feeling sick, have to get wood for the fire every night, have to think about what I do all the time on these planes because you guys don't see all of my mistakes that I have to redo all the time. Stop watching TV, turn on some music and get busy is my battle cry.

I wish I could be fast like all of these other painters , but I'm not. I just use rattle can paints no airbrushing.

You think this plane looks good out of the box.....till you put some paint on it then all the finger dents from the factory that have to be fixed and painted .

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• This is all for tonight, must get some sleep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190110_235805.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	171467
          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• You certainly have a talent. Very creative design. Keep it up!!!

Comment

• Hey Jetman, I don't know, looks pretty cookie cutter to me!LOL Actually, that is one beautiful aircraft. You are by far one of the best rattle can heroes I've seen! Your artwork is fantastic and your choice of graphics is spot on. I would be afraid to fly it! Would love to see the wings when you get them finished. Just keep plugging away, you are an inspiration to us all. Got a little time in on mine this morning. I really love the sound she makes. I'm gonna make a prediction that this is going to be a good seller for both FMS and for MRC. Wait till you get her in the air Jetman, it's all smiles. Gotta go water the mud. Dutchman

Comment

• Dutchwhite001
                Thanks man, for the kind words.
                I've flown all my paint jobs. Just dont fall on love with them.

I'm just a street artist I guess.

Comment

• Just a really nice job!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Hey Jetman, If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your graphics from. They look fantastic and so does your paint work!

Comment

• Originally posted by rzing View Post
                      Hey Jetman, If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your graphics from. They look fantastic and so does your paint work!
                      CALLIE GRAPHICS

Comment

• He is my update from over the weekend.
                        Not much, just finished both sides with decals and painting the Black and Red strips on rudder.
                        The wings I might do something different on how I paint them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fox glider 2.jpg
Views:	1281
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	172110Click image for larger version

Name:	fox glider 3.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	172111

Comment

• Wait before you order this set from Callie because I need to give her some corrections that need to be done on the wing decal and the wing tip decal , elevator decals.

The Black and Red strips for the wing tips, elevator tips, and top of the rudder are wrong from her right now . Unless you want to paint them on yourself like I did. ( I will send her the correct figures for these)

The rest of the decals are OK from her.

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

• I posted also on RCG as well, but just in case some don't check that thread, I thought I would share it here as well! Finished the transport and setup stand today and finally got a chance to get it assembled. A little file needed in the inside corners due to the 1/8" endmill leaving a 1/16" radius. Quick work with a square file and everything fits together very nice and I am happy with the design and the results. I designed it in mind to use 1/2" thick EDPM foam with a 1" width with self adhesive back. I like it because it is firm but flexible. We use it at work often and the adhesive is pretty strong! Time will tell out in the sun and use throughout the flying season, but feel confident its a good solution for padding.

The design was to leave the middle open so you could assemble the airplane in the stand and that is shown in the pictures. There is plenty of room for batteries, the ones pictured are 6S 5000 mAh and I still have room for more. Also, there is room for a small charger and power supply. Overall, I am happy with the result and it meets my design intent. With the tab and lock construction, should be very strong too.

Now that the main design of the stand is complete, I will get back into CAD and finish up the handle to help in carrying the airplane from the truck to the field. That is the reason why the two top middle holes on each upright do not have wood dowels. I will source some quick release pins or thumb screws and nut plates in the carrying handle.

Anyways, they say pictures speak more then words. Fun project and the Stepcraft 840 worked flawlessly! Talk soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spookyeng View Post
                                  I posted also on RCG as well.
                                  Outstanding concept and work. You are the Man on this project. I like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Outstanding concept and work. You are the Man on this project. I like it!
                                    Thanks, I appreciate it! I am humbled by the work you have done on the Fox! As soon as the graphics are available on Callie's website, I plan on picking them up. I have not seen them yet though. Keep up the great work and I have enjoyed following along.

I am working on a solution for a handle and should have something by the end of the week. I think I will make a few sets and post them on the classifieds if there is enough interest. I put the wings on a off a couple times last night and the stand works great to support the airplane during setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spookyeng View Post

Thanks, I appreciate it! I am humbled by the work you have done on the Fox! As soon as the graphics are available on Callie's website, I plan on picking them up. I have not seen them yet though. Keep up the great work and I have enjoyed following along.

I am working on a solution for a handle and should have something by the end of the week. I think I will make a few sets and post them on the classifieds if there is enough interest. I put the wings on a off a couple times last night and the stand works great to support the airplane during setup.

Spookyeng,

Thank you sir, for the kind words on my paint job.

The graphics for the "CITIZEN WATCH", are ready from Callie Graphics , you just have to ask for them because they are not on her web site yet.

Comment

• FMS is notorious for publishing the wrong c/G , what’s everyone flying at ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
                                          FMS is notorious for publishing the wrong c/G , what’s everyone flying at ?
                                          The videos done by RCInformer has shown various CGs and what his impressions are of each. According to his experiments, the best CG is NOT the stock one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X