X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    The videos done by RCInformer has shown various CGs and what his impressions are of each. According to his experiments, the best CG is NOT the stock one.
    I started to watch that video , but it’s like 45 mins long ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

I started to watch that video , but it’s like 45 mins long ...
      Yeah, that's a bit taxing. I fast forward it and you can see the points where he talks about CG because he has those CG marker stickers. That's when you can back it up and listen to what he says. If memory serves, he's about 10mm (maybe a bit more) aft of where the recommended CG is stated. The great thing about this plane is that due to its size, it will fly OK at several balance points. It's up to the owner to determine where exactly to suit his needs. Do you want to maximize the glide or do you want more wind penetration or do you want to do mostly powered, aerobatics? And to do those things, you may want to play with the size of battery that you use. RCInformer started with the stock CG and messed around with it and changed battery sizes along the way and he seems to have optimized the flight of his Fox for each type of flying.

Comment

Yeah, that's a bit taxing. I fast forward it and you can see the points where he talks about CG because he has those CG marker stickers. That's when you can back it up and listen to what he says. If memory serves, he's about 10mm (maybe a bit more) aft of where the recommended CG is stated. The great thing about this plane is that due to its size, it will fly OK at several balance points. It's up to the owner to determine where exactly to suit his needs. Do you want to maximize the glide or do you want more wind penetration or do you want to do mostly powered, aerobatics? And to do those things, you may want to play with the size of battery that you use. RCInformer started with the stock CG and messed around with it and changed battery sizes along the way and he seems to have optimized the flight of his Fox for each type of flying.
        I watched it today .. it was informative.. I’m going to start at about 5mm rear of the stated C/G . I’m ready to go minus the weather !!! LOL .. I have this , the F22, am rc lander f4f panther, and a gas powered extra to madien once the weather breaks ....

thank you for your input as well ....

Comment

• It's -17F outside at the moment. We won't have flying weather till April if we're lucky. My Fox will remain in its box for a while yet, along with the new Corsair and V-22 Osprey. The YF-23 is not quite 1/2 done on the table. I was able to hover the little Mini-Convergence in my living room a few days ago. And yet, I have a feeling another 2 to 3 months won't be enough to get them all ready. Kinda in the winter laziness mode.

Comment

• Agreed ! I’ve been playing a lot with the Nintendo switch and terrorizing my wife with a micro FPV quad in our bedroom from the basement 2 floors below .. drives her nuts and she can’t wait to get me out of the house in spring LOL

Comment

• Just hovered my Mini-Connie again and the wife demanded I get her noise cancelling headphones. Whimp!

Comment

Just hovered my Mini-Connie again and the wife demanded I get her noise cancelling headphones. Whimp!
                That is funny !!!

Comment

• Sorry, don't know what I did but I was trying to put my pictures in order and I deleted the post.

Finally got some time to finish the design on the transport handle and get it cut out and I am happy with the results. It works great and the stand is now complete. Makes the airplane super easy to move around. Looking forward to flying it. Just waiting on some better weather it is ready to go. If anybody might be interested in the stand, let me know, I can cut a few kits and order up foam and hardware. Anyway, here are the pictures of the handle and the complete stand. Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Spookyeng View Post
                    Sorry, don't know what I did but I was trying to put my pictures in order and I deleted the post.

Finally got some time to finish the design on the transport handle and get it cut out and I am happy with the results. It works great and the stand is now complete. Makes the airplane super easy to move around. Looking forward to flying it. Just waiting on some better weather it is ready to go. If anybody might be interested in the stand, let me know, I can cut a few kits and order up foam and hardware. Anyway, here are the pictures of the handle and the complete stand. Thanks.
                    Spooky,
                    Outstanding design and work, top notch
                    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Spooky,
                      Outstanding design and work, top notch
                      Thanks! I appreciate it. I think it came out great! I also have the wing fairings done and working on the rudder and elevator now. There is a couple pages of discussion on this over on RCG, but here are a couple pictures. These are just the test prints and that is the color I had loaded. I have white on the way to produce these. There have been some comments that they are a little too wide, but I wanted to make sure that they fit and there is no binding in-flight. There are a lot more pictures on the RCG thread. Thanks and talk soon,

Comment

• Hey Dutchwhite001, been following your exploits with the Fox 3000. Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Fly in NE Okla so probably seeing some of the same weather as you -- read wet, windy and cold so haven't got to maiden it yet. I have had the same elevator problem as you mentioned on a glider before and am wondering if adding some carbon to the elevator tips to strengthen them might be in order. Would appreciate your thoughts on this modification.

Comment

• Originally posted by sailing1 View Post
                          Hey Dutchwhite001, been following your exploits with the Fox 3000. Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Fly in NE Okla so probably seeing some of the same weather as you -- read wet, windy and cold so haven't got to maiden it yet. I have had the same elevator problem as you mentioned on a glider before and am wondering if adding some carbon to the elevator tips to strengthen them might be in order. Would appreciate your thoughts on this modification.
                          I embedded flat carbon fiber strips from the bottom for my elevator tips before I painted my plane to strengthen them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190217_164316.jpg Views:	12 Size:	108.7 KB ID:	179770Click image for larger version  Name:	20190217_164839.jpg Views:	8 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	179771
                          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Hey Sailing1, Sorry it took so long to get back on here, but building and painting a new Corsair project. I bought it from Motion RC. I went a similar way that Jetman did only I went with carbon fiber rods through the elevator. I just ordered a new elevator from Motion and purchased some longer rod at a slightly different diameter than original. Continued the slot started by FMS and extended it. Glued the new rod in and painted it. So far. no problems. It's flying and has yet to even look like its bending. Big smile. I'm currently rebuilding another one I received from a fellow aviator. He smacked the runway pretty hard and managed to damage just about everything in the fuselage. Wings are fine, but he drove the tailwheel up into the fuse as well. Had to wait till Motion got more parts in before I could finish it. The problem seemed to be his flap settings and a panicked power addition. From what he tells me the glider ballooned in ground effect, then he added throttle and instead of going around slammed it on the runway. I'm not quite sure all the physics that happened, but I will have it airworthy in a few more days with added carbon fiber rods in the elevator. Weather here has been perfect for flying. We had 74 last week, this week, clouds and some rain. Great to grow mud in, not so good to fly in! T33jetman has done a beautiful job on his Fox Glider! Hope this helps.

Comment

• I'm still working on some more details. Just have to make Luca a little bit more lighter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190215-123607_Gallery.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	180447Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	180448

Comment

• You can hardly see the spoilers in these shots.
                                The servo boxes turned out ok also. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190203_123233.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	180453Click image for larger version

Name:	20190203_123129.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	180454

Comment

• Thanks for the tips on adding carbon to the elevator. I have a coupe of sizes of flat carbon so will probably go that route. Rain here the next couple of days but Sunday looks like we might get a chance to try the Fox out.

Comment

• My Fox,,,,love it.
                                    #FPV, #drone, #quadcopter, #northeastfpv, #aerials, #GoPro, #immersionrc, #lrs, #longrange, #UAV, #FPVracing, #wing, #fx-79, #LongRange, #Drohne, #fx79, #bixler, #aerialvideo, #warbirds, #boystoys, #multirotor, #serioustoys

Comment

• Finally warm enough to get back in the shop. The pilot is just in for a test fit but needs lot of work to get him in there right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190319_224108.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	185262Click image for larger version

Name:	20190318_222725.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	185259Click image for larger version

Name:	20190319_224021.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	185260Click image for larger version

Name:	20190319_224030.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	185261

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190320_183049.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	185413Click image for larger version  Name:	20190319_222223.jpg Views:	28 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	185316

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190323_215037.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	185895Click image for larger version

Name:	20190323_215018.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	185896

Comment

Working...
                                          X