X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Very nice! Are those the HobbyKing airbrakes? I believe I have the same ones that I'm planning on installing on my Bird of Time. It really needs to slow down a lot coming in for landings.
    Xviper, thank you. No they are spoilers off Eflite Randian XL glider . The pilot is from "PREMIER PILOTS".

Only planning on using my spoilers on final approach to shorten the glide before touchdown. My landing field is short. Some drag will be helpful. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190422-224835_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	192786
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Xviper, thank you. No they are spoilers off Eflite Randian XL glider .
      Really? Did you paint them red? I have the XL and the spoilers on it are white and much shorter than the ones in your picture. :Confused:

Comment

Really? Did you paint them red? I have the XL and the spoilers on it are white and much shorter than the ones in your picture. :Confused:
        Yes , I painted them with no modification.
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Yes , I painted them with no modification.
          They look really nice in red. Makes them look longer than they are.

Comment

• sorry wrong url

Comment

•  

Comment

• Flew my 3.0M Fox Glider this morning and got a video. Winds were mild, no thermals. This field is near the international airport, so ceiling for RC is 400 feet. I flew it as a normal powered airplane. Look very impressive due to its size. I've decided to program in some very mild flaps to help it float better when I'm flying it as a "sailplane". I've also got full flaps for landing, so I won't be installing airbrakes after all. As you can see in the video, it lands quite slowly on full flaps and is very easy to predict the glide path.

Comment

• When did you learn to fly??? LOLLOLLOL Have a great day Bro!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                    When did you learn to fly??? LOLLOLLOL Have a great day Bro!!!
                    Some have said that I got thrown out the cargo plane yesterday and the parachute failed. :) Best to you!

Comment

• Maiden went well. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190908_115023.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	213424

Comment

• Bump

Comment

•  

Comment

• Well done! Soft bounces are a thing of beauty on a big sailplane! Man that bird is big! Good job!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Perfect opportunity to perform the tricky “touch and go” with a sailplane...
                              I got 2 of them on the Electra last Sunday.

Comment

• Anyone a Setup file for the Fox 3mtr for a DX8e transmitter… got the fox on route and have to decide on the Futaba t16sz or change to the dx8e, Checked the sites but not found

Comment

• Originally posted by Paramanch View Post
                                  Anyone a Setup file for the Fox 3mtr for a DX8e transmitter… got the fox on route and have to decide on the Futaba t16sz or change to the dx8e, Checked the sites but not found
                                  I'm not sure that starting a whole new thread is going to get you the answer you want.
                                  Any help welcome Just got the FMS Fox 3mtr and want to use a DX8e transmitter.. does anyone have a setup file for this combination or a DX8 setup as assume te same Thanks

This is the most likely thread that you will get an answer if one is out there.
                                  I think there are lots of people who have this plane and use it with a Spektrum TX, perhaps just not with the DX8e. Unless you are trying to do fancy sailplane programming like "crow or reflex", etc, the programming for this glider is quite simple to do on your own. If you do want all the complicated stuff, you may as well go to the Horizon or Spektrum site and see if they have a download for your DX8e for another full house sailplane like the Radian Pro. You can do final program tweaking to suit your own taste. This is something you'd have to do even if someone gives you programming for their Fox Glider. Everyone will have slightly different settings for how they fly and won't give exactly what you want.
                                  Even for simple programming, you can download the files for any airplane with flaps that's on the Spektrum site. But then, that will also need final tweaking. If you're not sure how to do these alterations, using someone else's file may prove to be a dangerous thing.

Comment

I'm not sure that starting a whole new thread is going to get you the answer you want.
                                    Any help welcome Just got the FMS Fox 3mtr and want to use a DX8e transmitter.. does anyone have a setup file for this combination or a DX8 setup as assume te same Thanks

This is the most likely thread that you will get an answer if one is out there.
                                    I think there are lots of people who have this plane and use it with a Spektrum TX, perhaps just not with the DX8e. Unless you are trying to do fancy sailplane programming like "crow or reflex", etc, the programming for this glider is quite simple to do on your own. If you do want all the complicated stuff, you may as well go to the Horizon or Spektrum site and see if they have a download for your DX8e for another full house sailplane like the Radian Pro. You can do final program tweaking to suit your own taste. This is something you'd have to do even if someone gives you programming for their Fox Glider. Everyone will have slightly different settings for how they fly and won't give exactly what you want.
                                    Even for simple programming, you can download the files for any airplane with flaps that's on the Spektrum site. But then, that will also need final tweaking. If you're not sure how to do these alterations, using someone else's file may prove to be a dangerous thing.
                                    Thanks for the friendly advice… New to Spektrum radio,,, use futaba normally.. But no AS3x options in Futaba… Normally fly RC Paramodels… so planes and gliders different..

From what you you say for instance going to learn Planes on a Horizon Cirrus… the same model could be used for the Glider as Flaps…

Comment

From what you you say for instance going to learn Planes on a Horizon Cirrus… the same model could be used for the Glider as Flaps…
                                      That is correct. However, some glider pilots program the flaps a little differently when they want to have flaps (down) on one switch position and spoilers (up) on another switch position. I adjust one flap setting for very small flap deployment to help the Fox float a bit better and I program full flaps on another switch position for landing. When pilots do competition with their gliders/sailplanes, they have a completely different set up in the TX. Don't select "sailplane" as a "model type" in the menu. Stick with "acro" (normal plane). "Sailplane" mode does all sorts of weird things, one of which is to put the throttle on a switch. It's either OFF or full ON. You don't want that. Then comes all the sailplane mixes that can be very confusing.
                                      As an aside, if you're going to learn "planes", I would suggest considering the Cherokee, rather than the Cirrus, if you're inclined towards that kind of airplane. The Cirrus can be a bit "stall happy" in certain circumstances, far moreso than the Cherokee. Because of the wing shape, the Cherokee is a more stable platform. A couple of us had the Cirrus and my friend could never find success with his, while I had some trouble with mine. It took a few flights to figure out what not to do. One was to NOT use flaps until I figure out just how easily it would stall on approach and keep the power up. Another friend had the Cherokee and it was a much easier plane to deal with.

Paragliders is basically an "elevon" wing type.

Comment

• Thanks… I have been flying the Easy Glider 4 for a short while… I have the Cirrus already on the shelf… Not flown it yet, as awaiting radio which I got and receiver on way… going with the AS3x setup to assist till get the hang of it..

So set the Fox up more as a Plane then a glider your saying. I did have one, but it dived and broke…loved it while it flew, but had no setup other then glider with power… flaps were on the throttle stick to make control easier on how much. I hade it on a Futaba and power on a 2 way switch, programmed for Medium and High… the club I fly is more glider then Power planes. they fly the carbon gliders and use motor to climb then off till needed again..

I see it makes more sense to use a throttle… as a stick then a switch more control, … and fly like a plane not a glider

Looking at the flaps on the Cirius, its programmed on 2 settings on one switch… half and full…

I read a few articles and some say that if they had the choice not to go for the cherokee… and go for Cirrus…guess its a choice… My idea is its a cross trainer to lean to land with some flaps.. where the easy glider fly for ever even in a little wind and approaches are interesting.. Nothing to slow it down..

Thanks again for the advice… my 1st joy is the Paragliders as used to fly myself, have the Opale 5.2 and love to fly that… but the club like more quite then the paraglider… :(

Comment

So set the Fox up more as a Plane then a glider your saying.

Looking at the flaps on the Cirius, its programmed on 2 settings on one switch… half and full…

I read a few articles and some say that if they had the choice not to go for the cherokee… and go for Cirrus…guess its a choice… My idea is its a cross trainer to lean to land with some flaps.. where the easy glider fly for ever even in a little wind and approaches are interesting.. Nothing to slow it down..
                                          "Sailplane" model type is an entirely different thing. Unless you're going to get into competition gliders, it's not a good choice.

You'll find that the Cirrus is best flown WITHOUT flaps. If you want to find out what they do, go very high up and pretend to do a landing approach and play with the flaps. Imagine you're going to land but the ground is 200 feet in the air. More often than not, you'll find that the Cirrus will drop a wing and spiral down when flaps are deployed and you're slowing down for the landing. Actual landings are best done without flaps for a while, at least till you get pretty good at it. Flaps don't always give you better landings.
                                          The thing about "reading articles", is that you need to know who's giving the opinion. Are these people more experienced flyers? If so, they probable got bored with the Cheroke and found the Cirrus more enjoyable because it's a little more challenging. They forgot what it was like when they were still new in the game. At my stage of flying, I wouldn't get the Cherokee either but for my friend, the Cirrus was the wrong way to go. You have to give your advice based on who you think might be your audience.

Comment

Working...
                                          X