X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
    Hi Gents, While staying home for the cause, I put together a compilation of the air disasters in my video cache from the past several years, most of them mine, lol. I was initially bummed, but when you do the math, it suggests that even with the help of my crashing friends, I crash less than 2 minutes per year!! LMAO
    Another outstanding video, you definitely have the best, can't wait for the next. Your flying videos are incredible, but this crash compilation is a classic. Thankfully I don't have any video's of my "mishaps", or it would be an all day marathon film! Keep 'em coming, we need the entertainment.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FlightLine-90mm F18 "Canadian Demo, F16 "Wild Weasel", F4 Phantom, F4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90, Red 80mm Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast 60, P2 Bi-Plane, P-51, Apprentice.

Comment

• Hey, TurbineFancy!

Would you be willing to reveal the equipment you use for your FPV vids? Especially the headtracking equip and the cameras. They look incredibly clear and focused. Really excellent stuff.

Comment

• Hi WrightBrosRC.

That is a great video. I sure got some chuckles out of it. The P-51 landing to the side of the runway was NOT the pilot's fault at all, because right after takeoff, those nasty runway gremlins moved in and relocated the runway about 40 feet away from the original location, so when the P-51 lined up for the landing, it was just a total lost cause.
        I also liked the footage of the E-flite Dehavilland Beaver, as that is what I use for my camera plane. It is a great platform for the camera. And along those lines, here is some footage recorded from my onboard camera plane of our flying field that I took several years ago. I believe that there is some inverted flight and also a loop included. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB36COAFwfU
        Thanks again for sharing the Wreckfest video. It was fun. I will rewatch it also.

Corsair

Comment

• I made a mistake and inadvertently - in my above post - referred to my plane as an E-flite Dehavilland Beaver when in actuality, it is a FlyZone Dehavilland Beaver. Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused!

Comment

• Love the video WB...We can all relate.

Took my E-flite PT-17 out for a couple casual sorties now that we are enjoying a high pressure system setting up over the PNW...

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	247195
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
              Love the video WB...We can all relate.
              Thx! Yeah, you're about ready for a crash compilation, eh? lol

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• I'm always good for providing plenty of footage!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

Thx! Yeah, you're about ready for a crash compilation, eh? lol
                  I've been thinking, with the quarantine down time, I should sort through my video footage, and make a crash compilation.

My guess is, I can probably find a good MP3 download of the theme song from "The Benny Hill" show for the background music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Love the video WB...We can all relate.

Took my E-flite PT-17 out for a couple casual sorties now that we are enjoying a high pressure system setting up over the PNW...

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	247195
                    I have taken mine nearly every trip to the field, which until 2 weeks ago when our field closed was around 2 - 4 times a week. I wore out 4 Admiral 2200 batteries, one set of tires, and 2 wing servos.
                    It is still a favorite and is helping me to fine tune some more advanced maneuvers. Between this one and the T-6 from EFlite, I get a lot of compliments while I am just having fun. Another club friend is on his second one - he spend a lot of time inverted. I should edit the footage Aros caught On UToob...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I've been thinking, with the quarantine down time, I should sort through my video footage, and make a crash compilation.

My guess is, I can probably find a good MP3 download of the theme song from "The Benny Hill" show for the background music.
                      Either that or Peter Gabriel “Sledgehammer”...

Comment

• I have yet to recover my videos from my waterlogged laptop but interesting videos though. I hope I can recover mine so I can post them here. I love the urban/city fly videos.

Comment

• First attempt at air to air video with our club fpv guru.

https://youtu.be/cI7szX8Skho
                          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post
                            Hey, TurbineFancy!

Would you be willing to reveal the equipment you use for your FPV vids? Especially the headtracking equip and the cameras. They look incredibly clear and focused. Really excellent stuff.
                            Hi PikeStaff,

The FPV equipment I used is DJI Goggles Race Edition (RE) combo. It comes with head-tracking Transmission built-in, which I like a lot. Though HT does loose track of center from time to time. Be warned, this system performs poorly in low light.

I have moved on to their next digital FPV system, called DJI Digital FPV or just DJI FPV. Much improved resolution and low light performance - important since I love flying at dusk. Though they no longer include head-tracking.

See example video sunset FPV jet flying:

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                            Currently Flying: Sebart PC-21, Taft Cobra, 3DHS Osiris 60, CZ Splendor, FMS PC-21(FPV), FMS BF-109 1400mm, DJI Mavic Pro (FPV plane chase), FMS Fox Glider 2.32m, Flyzone Seawind
                            RC Home Base: Bob Swenson Memorial Field - Orange County Modeler's Assoc. Float Plane Base: Huckleberry Pond - Anaheim Model Airplane Club

Comment

Working...
                            X