X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalBobS I flew the BV-141B for several years. It did fly surprizingly well. Another club member talked me into selling it to them. I used to love it when kids would ask if I had followed the instruction when I built it.

It too used Callie Graphics on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	BV11.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	297634Click image for larger version

Name:	BV13.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	297635Click image for larger version

Name:	BV14.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	297636Click image for larger version

Name:	BV15.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	297637

Comment

• I finished up a redo on the 1.5M EFlite P-51D LOU IV/ATHELENE. Callie was extremely helpful in getting me the additional or correct decals or markings I needed to make it look more like the WWII version. I actually made two of them now. The first one I decided to send to the Bottisham Air Base museum near Cambridge England where it will hang in one of the buildings that now comprise the museum on the field where the 361st FG flew from. I've got about 20 flights on it so far, great flyer.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0701adjusted.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	299822Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0703adjusted.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	299823Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0705adjsuted.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	299824Click image for larger version

Name:	81dAQs8XAZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	299825 The second plane will be identical to the first, maybe a bit more detailed, but I'll keep as one of the planes in my stable to fly at our local field (once the snow clears!)

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
        I finished up a redo on the 1.5M EFlite P-51D LOU IV/ATHELENE. Callie was extremely helpful...
        DG, Outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
        Captain: Got any ideas?
        F/O: Actually not.
        — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DG, Outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
          Thanks, Elbee. Turns out, several of the museum's docents are RC warbird fliers, too. I met them when I brought a big P-47D over to England in 2004 for a special air show. It will be in good hands. Probably will ship in a month or so. Click image for larger version

Name:	P-47 Hairless Joe on Runway 22 at Boxted.001adjusted.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	299853

Comment

• Here is a non-standard Air Force that Callie helped me with. The Qizilbash led by Shah Ismail I conquered Persia in 1501 and founded the Safavid Dynasty, which lasted until 1736. They had this weird red thing sticking out of their turbans. So my T28 uses the Safavid flag from mid-16th century, and says “Safavid Air Force” in Persian on the side. And the pilot has a Qizilbash-style helmet, sticking right through the canopy. Don’t try too hard to make sense of it…sometimes you just have to let art flow over you and experience it.

Anyway, if you are as old as I am, you might remember the pre-1979 Iranian flag. It had a lion and sun motif in the center that was partly based on this Safavid flag. And the “71” on the wing is because that is my racing number (our club races these things). It is not related to the rest of the livery.

Name:	QBjpgjpg.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	299880Click image for larger version

Name:	T28racerjpg.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	299882Click image for larger version

Name:	T28flying.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	299881

Comment

• Dynam's Albatros with Callie's fine touches! Click image for larger version

Name:	Albatros DV 09.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	300706

Name:	Albatros DV 12.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	300705

Comment

Working...
              X