X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowledgebase

This is a tremendous resource for not only beginners to the hobby but anyone in the hobby. Complete with a comprehensive glossary, how to videos, tips and tricks, safety and build guides and so much more, it's definitely worth spending some time here. You can check it out at:

http://www.motionrc.com/knowledgebase/
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

I look at it regularly its got some really good information especially for those that are newer to the hobby.

Comment

Glad you find it useful. One example of how it can be helpful for anyone regardless of their experience is if there is a new product (say a gyro or some other electrical product) we will often place How To videos in the Knowledebase to walk you through setup and configurations, etc...I even find myself going in there to reference things on a regular basis. As it continues to grow it will become quite the nice resource.
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

You guys at MRC are great, not only do you want to sell products, but educate the beginners that want to fly them. I also refer to the knowledgebase from time to time and I really like it as a resource.
        You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Thank you martmichals! We pride ourselves on moving beyond simply being a distributor that sells product. Unlike some companies we ARE the customer as well as we simply LOVE to fly just like you all do. It's our genuine passion for the product we carry and sell and support and fly that makes it a natural and easy process for us to want to help educate our customers. We all remember what it was like when we first started out in the hobby and how incredibly frustrating it could be, especially if you didn't know of an online resource to help guide you in making the proper choices to help ensure success.

When I first started working at Motion RC, I was in customer support so I got to talk to our customers every day. I quickly realized how unique of a company we were when we were instructed to not simply make the sell, but to make sure our customers were being steered in the proper direction. A good example of this would be if we determined the customer wanting that sexy, new 90mm EDF jet with the $500 price tag was a beginner with hardly any experience flying, let alone a sophisticated jet with the experience level of expert.

This was a learning opportunity for our customer. We would explain the good reasoning of choosing a high wing trainer and progress appropriately in the hobby. This would allow a natural process of successful progress and in no time they would have the experience necessary to fly those gorgeous, large EDF jets.

Now this may be counter-intuitive to many companies that simply want the larger sell, since a $500 purchase sure looks better for the bottom line then a $100 purchase, but it is more important to us that we have happy, returning customers who have found success and thus perpetual enjoyment in the hobby, then it is to get that big sell at the cost of an unhappy customer who may decide this hobby isn't for them.

Our customer's success is our success. Hobby Squawk is a wonderful way to bring our customers together and to commune with them. You will note that we also encourage discussion about airplanes we don't sell. It's our genuine love for RC airplanes that creates a natural community bond that further strengthens our passion and commitment to the hobby, and thus our customers.
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

And that Aros is why your company is the best in rc. Keep up the good work!

Roy B.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Thank you martmichals! We pride ourselves on moving beyond simply being a distributor that sells product. Unlike some companies we ARE the customer as well as we simply LOVE to fly just like you all do. It's our genuine passion for the product we carry and sell and support and fly that makes it a natural and easy process for us to want to help educate our customers. We all remember what it was like when we first started out in the hobby and how incredibly frustrating it could be, especially if you didn't know of an online resource to help guide you in making the proper choices to help ensure success.

When I first started working at Motion RC, I was in customer support so I got to talk to our customers every day. I quickly realized how unique of a company we were when we were instructed to not simply make the sell, but to make sure our customers were being steered in the proper direction. A good example of this would be if we determined the customer wanting that sexy, new 90mm EDF jet with the $500 price tag was a beginner with hardly any experience flying, let alone a sophisticated jet with the experience level of expert.

This was a learning opportunity for our customer. We would explain the good reasoning of choosing a high wing trainer and progress appropriately in the hobby. This would allow a natural process of successful progress and in no time they would have the experience necessary to fly those gorgeous, large EDF jets.

Now this may be counter-intuitive to many companies that simply want the larger sell, since a $500 purchase sure looks better for the bottom line then a $100 purchase, but it is more important to us that we have happy, returning customers who have found success and thus perpetual enjoyment in the hobby, then it is to get that big sell at the cost of an unhappy customer who may decide this hobby isn't for them.

Our customer's success is our success. Hobby Squawk is a wonderful way to bring our customers together and to commune with them. You will note that we also encourage discussion about airplanes we don't sell. It's our genuine love for RC airplanes that creates a natural community bond that further strengthens our passion and commitment to the hobby, and thus our customers.
              Exactly the way it should be run, if you are thinking long term customer loyalty, word of mouth and a growing customer base. Any businesses number one goal is the profit line, but looking after your customers is the best way I know of to achieve it. (Perhaps you could explain this concept to the Aussie hobby store owners?) :-S

There is one store locally I will use because I myself had a similar experience when I was new to the hobby. (Though the store is expensive and doesn't have much behind the usual eflite and parkzone stuff). But I went in to buy a 700 size 3D heli, the bloke found out this was my first RC toy, and steered me to a little blade 130 instead. Sure, he could have sold me something worth thousands, not hundreds, but I quickly found out why the little heli was a better option for someone new to the hobby, and the bloke has had my business ever since, (and most importantly), it's a story I tell regularly to people new to the hobby themselves. The word of mouth value and extra business it's brought in, far outweighs any short term profit from a one off sale. Well done you guys for understanding this. It's simply smart business, and will do more for your profit line than anything else you can do. :)

Comment

Exactly Shirty! It's a paradigm we take extremely seriously. If our customers aren't happy then we are doing something wrong, and we take that to heart.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

In that case, I'm not happy there's no big spitty, (I'll take a wildcat), the la7 is not a 1400 plus size yet, and I can't buy the p38 yet. Dang it, I dont qualify I'm not a motion customer.... ;)

(Though will be sort of when I can get the p38).

Comment

Hi Guys
                    You know, customer loyalty is a funny thing. Personally, I've dealt with Motion R/C from the beginning, with my Supercub and on up to the P40, my gear (radios, receivers, spare parts, etc) have all come from Motion R/C, I even have every 'thank you' invoice that came with every order (handy in reordering something)so, they have my business. But it also feels as if its partly my business as well in the sense that when I'm asked where I buy, I immediately go into my Motion R/C shpeal.
                    and brag, so to speak, what a great company it is to deal with and how I deal exclusively with them. Now, I have bought some things that were at the LHS, simply because we were there, and paint and Velcro from the local box stores but, I can confidently say I've purchased over 99% from MRC.
                    Hey, I even took all my planes (at the time) lined them up outside, took a pic with the caption "Where Would I Be Without Motion R/C"
                    Why all this, I ask myself, for a company that I've never walked into or invested in? Because customer loyalty is a two way street, and most on line outfits fail to realize that. Motion is one of the exceptions. Sure I've had my issues and not everything was resolved over night, but the fact is that it was resolved and, for the most part, beyond my expectations. That gives me a whole lot of confidence when buying a product on line, that I'm not going to be left hanging, which I know we can all relate to.
                    I suggested at one point, that they throw in a few business cards with the orders so we could have something to pass along, still hoping to see that happen, and of course, we all want our Ball Caps and T-shirts emblazoned with the Motion R/C logo as well, hey, good advertising!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Motion RC's customer service, no matter what situation has always been helpful and way above average. I managed to return some spare parts that I thought I needed a month after their return policy was "expired". Actions like those keep Motion RC at the top of my list for RC vendors. Even with the taxes that they have since they are in Illinois, Motion's service and help keep me coming. I've referred anyone getting into the hobby to look at Motion RC's beginner guide, and Flite Test's beginner series. Their customer service deals out not only product advice, but helpful RC advice as well. Keep it up MRC!
                      You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Hi Guys
                        You know, customer loyalty is a funny thing. Personally, I've dealt with Motion R/C from the beginning, with my Supercub and on up to the P40, my gear (radios, receivers, spare parts, etc) have all come from Motion R/C, I even have every 'thank you' invoice that came with every order (handy in reordering something)so, they have my business. But it also feels as if its partly my business as well in the sense that when I'm asked where I buy, I immediately go into my Motion R/C shpeal.
                        and brag, so to speak, what a great company it is to deal with and how I deal exclusively with them. Now, I have bought some things that were at the LHS, simply because we were there, and paint and Velcro from the local box stores but, I can confidently say I've purchased over 99% from MRC.
                        Hey, I even took all my planes (at the time) lined them up outside, took a pic with the caption "Where Would I Be Without Motion R/C"
                        Why all this, I ask myself, for a company that I've never walked into or invested in? Because customer loyalty is a two way street, and most on line outfits fail to realize that. Motion is one of the exceptions. Sure I've had my issues and not everything was resolved over night, but the fact is that it was resolved and, for the most part, beyond my expectations. That gives me a whole lot of confidence when buying a product on line, that I'm not going to be left hanging, which I know we can all relate to.
                        I suggested at one point, that they throw in a few business cards with the orders so we could have something to pass along, still hoping to see that happen, and of course, we all want our Ball Caps and T-shirts emblazoned with the Motion R/C logo as well, hey, good advertising!!

Grossman56
                        Motion RC is a rock star in RC, now that's JMHO

They have done it right from day one!!! nuff said!!!

John

Comment

Nice to see this... obviously for electric flyers... I know us fuel flyers are a dying breed :(

Comment

Working...
                          X