Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iím also waiting for an 80 or 90mm F-18. The current Freewing one is veryyyyy old, so I hope to see a redesigned one soon.

Comment

Sign me up for either..

Comment

Somebody use to make a 70mm F-18 that was in Blue Angels form, I have the old art-tech version that can be had for $50 and has the worse foam and landing gear ever!
        Flies great and looks great but horrible when it comes to hanger rash. but Yes a new F-18 would be nice..
        Just let me fly so I may be free of the earth.

Comment

I am really looking forward to this one!! It looks just like the real thing!!!!
          I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            Iím also waiting for an 80 or 90mm F-18. The current Freewing one is veryyyyy old, so I hope to see a redesigned one soon.
            I'd love to see an updated Freewing 90mm F-18 or maybe even a twin 80... Ditch the thrust vector, add rudder, horizontal stabs and sequencing gear doors, the option to add ALQ-218 wingtip pods and extra comm antennas to turn it into an EA-18G, drooool. Sorry got a little carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post

I'd love to see an updated Freewing 90mm F-18 or maybe even a twin 80... Ditch the thrust vector, add rudder, horizontal stabs and sequencing gear doors, the option to add ALQ-218 wingtip pods and extra comm antennas to turn it into an EA-18G, drooool. Sorry got a little carried away.
              I really dislike the older freewing F-18.... mainly because of the annoying vectored thrust. The real plane never had it and it was just hokey to me... I live in line with Moffett Federal Fields landing pattern and see all of the Hornets from all branches come over regularly. The C, D, E and F models...

What I would love it a twin 70mm F-18!!! Imagine that!!!
              I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I really dislike the older freewing F-18.... mainly because of the annoying vectored thrust. The real plane never had it and it was just hokey to me... I live in line with Moffett Federal Fields landing pattern and see all of the Hornets from all branches come over regularly. The C, D, E and F models...

twin 70's would be pretty amazing. I'm 100% in agreement with the older F-18. Its definitely cringe worthy at times. I'm at NAS Lemoore working on the F-18F so I'm a stickler for the little things. This FMS has potential for some intricate details but if they plan on coming out with a bigger scale F model or Super Hornet in general, its game on lol. You're right in between the hub for the west coast Growler and Strike fighter squadrons for the navy so odds are, the Supers that you see are from Lemoore and Whidbey. We don't have too many Legacy hornets anymore, I think the marines and Blues are flying those now with the exception of the one or two floating around.

Comment

Gooniac nailed it... Twin 70s F-18 6s. I think all the next gen 70mm 6s jets are more inline with the current battery technology for power and flight time. The 80mm skirt the outer fringes and the 90s kill the batteries.
                  My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I can live with a twin 70mm F-18 using only one battery like the FMS A-10 & definitely ditch the VT..Not too much Bling & keep it light..There is a very high probability it will be a single 80mm in line with what Freewing has been producing..

Comment

Flight Video please
                      Current Hanger:E-Flite Timber( Floats) , FMS P-51 (650KV + Prop Mod),FMS P-40, FMS -109 (Under going Complete Refinish) Flightline P-38 OD Green, Freewing F-86, Freewing T-45, Extreme Flight EDGE 540Tm, Freewing Scooter!

JUST ARRIVED: Top Flite P-47 Razorback! DLE55RA power.

Comment

I second that... Any video of the gifted few that have one...
                        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQEMrUHIHQI

Comment

Many Thanks. :-)
                            Current Hanger:E-Flite Timber( Floats) , FMS P-51 (650KV + Prop Mod),FMS P-40, FMS -109 (Under going Complete Refinish) Flightline P-38 OD Green, Freewing F-86, Freewing T-45, Extreme Flight EDGE 540Tm, Freewing Scooter!

JUST ARRIVED: Top Flite P-47 Razorback! DLE55RA power.

Comment

Thank you... Sounds great and looks really good...

Comment

I'm hoping more video's pop up. It looks great. If by some fluke a bigger model comes out I'd really like to figure out how to get the vertical stabs to toe in. Anyone know of a mixing program or something that will allow this?

Comment

Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post

twin 70's would be pretty amazing. I'm 100% in agreement with the older F-18. Its definitely cringe worthy at times. I'm at NAS Lemoore working on the F-18F so I'm a stickler for the little things. This FMS has potential for some intricate details but if they plan on coming out with a bigger scale F model or Super Hornet in general, its game on lol. You're right in between the hub for the west coast Growler and Strike fighter squadrons for the navy so odds are, the Supers that you see are from Lemoore and Whidbey. We don't have too many Legacy hornets anymore, I think the marines and Blues are flying those now with the exception of the one or two floating around.
                                  Your birds are over me all the time!!! I have so many pix and video of them going over and totally love it! Lemme see if I can find a pic.....

this is right outside of my front door...
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	14350867_669593633205981_1625398470154125312_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	104011

Comment

Yea... I am the same way here in San Antonio.. I have T-38s flying over me all during the week out of Randolph AFB going to Randolph auxiliary field to shoot touch and gos..

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                                      Yea... I am the same way here in San Antonio.. I have T-38s flying over me all during the week out of Randolph AFB going to Randolph auxiliary field to shoot touch and gos..
                                      I get those from Beale and the trainers coming in as well. I really see pretty much everything! C-17s, C-5s, KC-135s- KC-10s, AWACS, P-3s, E2-D, and whatever fighters they will have flying over Levis Stadium. We had the Blue Angels right over us too!!

Comment

Does anyone know when these are going to ship. It looks really good and from what I've seen it flies decent..

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                                          Does anyone know when these are going to ship. It looks really good and from what I've seen it flies decent..
                                          Sometime next week

Comment

Working...
                                          X