X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 70mm Hawk - Service Bulletin

To everyone who purchased a Freewing 70mm Hawk T1 between Sept 2017 and Jan 2018.

Motion RC and some of our customers have identified a weakness in a small number of Freewing 70mm Hawks produced in 2017. Insufficient glue application by the factory at the forward fuselage/intake joint may cause separation under normal landing forces. Users may be able to identify an insufficient glue joint by observing a 1mm-3mm gap along the foam joint line just aft of the forward intake. To address this potential issue, Motion RC will be sending a "Hawk Intake Reinforcement Set" free of charge to all Motion RC customers with a Freewing Hawk, whether or not their specific model is affected by the issue. I've attached a TSB with detailed instructions showing how to install the Intake Reinforcement Kit. Total installation time is estimated at 20 minutes. After installation the model will operate above its intended structural integrity.

We have a few Hawks left in inventory which could be affected with this issue. All new purchases will include the Intake Reinforcement Kit in the box with the 70mm Hawk. Future production of the Hawk in 2018 will include a new molded-in reinforcement to eliminate any weakness in this joint area.

We apologize for the inconvenience but are confident this Reinforcement will alleviate any potential issues.

Attached Files

It's great to have a vendor that will address issues instead of just ignoring them
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Motion RC sets the "Customer Service" bar a little higher.

Comment

Awesome. thanks

Comment

That’s a fact. That’s why I only buy from MotionRc. Customer service is really hard to find these days. Thank you MotionRc.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            It's great to have a vendor that will address issues instead of just ignoring them
            +1 for that. Hugely refreshing.

Comment

when will we be seeing thee parts?
              Durafly t-28
              Freewing sbd 5
              Avros seafurry
              freewing A-6 edf
              fms pt17

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                when will we be seeing thee parts?
                Everyone should have a shipping notification. They all went out late last week. The people closest to Motion RC should have received these yesterday. More will arrive this week and next.

Comment

Not received any notification about this (yet)

Bought an ARF+ version on Jan 2nd, order #292420. Would love to get my hands on this kit before finishing my build.
                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

hey Tom I ordered my t1 while I was in Arkansas but my billing address etc and where I am now located is my home in Mississippi...will I get the parts in ms or AR? thanks
                    Durafly t-28
                    Freewing sbd 5
                    Avros seafurry
                    freewing A-6 edf
                    fms pt17

Comment

Everyone who purchased a Hawk has PNP or ARF+ has been shipped a reinforcement kit. We've shipped all reinforcement kits to the same shipping address the plane went to. All reinforcement kits went out mid to late last week. Ron1950 - If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the tracking number. We sent it by postal service so if you have your mail forwarded, you will receive it.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a parrot by repeating all above, "you guys are AWESOME".

Comment

Hey guys. I’m over in the U.K. and not received any shipping notice in regards to these ??

any info would be great

Comment

When we setup these shipments manually, unfortunately an email with a tracking number was not triggered. Your shipment to the U.K. may have another week or so. If you PM me your name and address, I'll lookup the shipment and send you the tracking number.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Everyone should have a shipping notification. They all went out late last week. The people closest to Motion RC should have received these yesterday. More will arrive this week and next.
                              I dont think i got a notification. I just bought an ARF Hawk a couple weeks ago. Do i qualify for the part? Thanks motion team!

Comment

Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post

I dont think i got a notification. I just bought an ARF Hawk a couple weeks ago. Do i qualify for the part? Thanks motion team!
                                If a set wasn't included in your box just contact our customer service with your order number and you'll be taken care of.

Comment

Just received reinforcement kit, my plane looks ok with no gap at joint, is it still worth fitting the kit for extra security?
                                  The package label shows PNP 20170828
                                  Thanks for your excellent follow-up service, very impressed
                                  John Wood
                                  UK

Comment

Originally posted by John Wood View Post
                                    Just received reinforcement kit, my plane looks ok with no gap at joint, is it still worth fitting the kit for extra security?
                                    The package label shows PNP 20170828
                                    Thanks for your excellent follow-up service, very impressed
                                    John Wood
                                    UK
                                    If you fly heavy batteries or off of rough fields you might as well. It's easy!
                                    cheers

Comment

Got my kit the other day.

Thanks.
                                      Intagram, YouTube, RC Afterhours
                                      Durafly: P-40N Warhawk, P-51D Mustang Ferocious Frankie, Spitfire Mk1a, D.H.100 Vampire "Canadian Edition" Dynam: Focke Wulf FW-190 E-Flite: Beechcraft Staggerwing 480, PT-17 FMS: P-51B Mustang Dallas Darling Freewing: de Havilland Mosquito, F-16 Falcon VT(RIP) Hobbyzone: F4U Corsair S ParkZone: T-28 Trojan, UM P-40 Warhawk, Albatros D.Va WWI, F4U-1A Corsair, UM F4U Corsair, S.E.5a WWI BNF, Spitfire Mk IX

Comment

I received my BEa Hawk in the middle of November 2018, and it still has the defect. Repairs we simple to make, but I wanted to let you know that your current stock still has defective products..

Comment

Working...
                                        X