You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 64mm Lippisch P.15 Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maiden Flight Video
    https://vimeo.com/299281778

    sorry, kept it up high while I was getting used to it and then the battery alarm went off before I could do any low passes

    Comment


    • I am a fan of the p15. Loads of fun. The only issue for me is I have to keep it close to not lose sight or orientation because of its size. I am not an artist so a brighter colored option for me would help a bit. A bigger version would be perfect, perhaps in the 70/80 mm size. Til then I will continue to have fun with the current version.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Conan71 View Post
        I am a fan of the p15. Loads of fun. The only issue for me is I have to keep it close to not lose sight or orientation because of its size. I am not an artist so a brighter colored option for me would help a bit. A bigger version would be perfect, perhaps in the 70/80 mm size. Til then I will continue to have fun with the current version.
        I used fluorescent pink duct tape on the wingtips (top side) and a razor blade to trim the tape to the shape of the wing. If you want more visibility, put the tape along the leading edge. Slowing it down when it starts to fly away from you makes it easier to keep it close. This thing doesn't have to be flown full blast all the time. I only give it full throttle when doing fly bys.

        Comment


        • Anybody have problems with batteries draining almost immediately with this jet? My battery alarm starts beeping almost as soon as let go at the launch! I tried all my 3S batteries with the same result. I ran a 1000 4s through it and got around 3 minutes of flight while not going above 1/2 throttle.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dmonhellcat View Post
            Anybody have problems with batteries draining almost immediately with this jet? My battery alarm starts beeping almost as soon as let go at the launch! I tried all my 3S batteries with the same result. I ran a 1000 4s through it and got around 3 minutes of flight while not going above 1/2 throttle.
            Battery alarms are useless on high draw power systems like EDFs. As soon as you go high throttle the voltage plummets to below what an alarm considers "safe". It doesn't mean anything. If you have real time telemetry on the battery voltage, you'd see this. Once you back off the throttle and cruise, the voltage comes back up. You can even run it full throttle for 2 to 3 minutes, land and take a reading. By that time, the voltage will have come back up to normal end of flight levels. It's NOT a problem.

            Comment


            • I really like to give it WOT often with my 3s 1800s as it just super fun and no matter what after 5mins I get about 3.78v per cell
              The 5min timer (or higher if you like to fly it slower) does really work perfect for me on the Lippisch.

              Comment


              • Just out of curiosity I did try to wring it out today in 5mins with many Wot climbs, loops and flybies... and I managed to get the 1800s pack down to 3.5 per cell. I never fly my batteries that low normally but it was worth it seeing how low I could go.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Battery alarms are useless on high draw power systems like EDFs. As soon as you go high throttle the voltage plummets to below what an alarm considers "safe". It doesn't mean anything. If you have real time telemetry on the battery voltage, you'd see this. Once you back off the throttle and cruise, the voltage comes back up. You can even run it full throttle for 2 to 3 minutes, land and take a reading. By that time, the voltage will have come back up to normal end of flight levels. It's NOT a problem.
                  I know the EDF’s are higher draw but the battery voltage drops down to 3.2 V per cell almost immediately and doesn’t go back up on any 3S that I have tried, the 2200’s seem to drain the fastest I am Going to switch out the esc and see if that makes a difference.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X