You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-15C High Performance Build and Custom Paint

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F-15C High Performance Build and Custom Paint

    Hello Derek here, I have recently put together the 90mm F-15C high performance edition and decided to do a custom paint job and my first time to weather using an airbrush. The plane went together very easy, did have a trim issue with the dual elevators but moving the servo horn on the one side solved the problem. Painting was done right over the decals then decals were re-applied after the camo was completed. I brushed on 2 colors I had previously mixed up at Home Depot for touch up on the 70mm F-16 along with the base grey color already on the F-15. When that was complete I added the decals and weathering. The pilot is from Jet Hanger Hobbies "castle 5" 1/12 scale looks great in this jet. I will get a test flight done very soon, on board is the Eagle A3 Super so should be a smooth flight. Speed brake is mixed with full flaps to deploy can't wait to see that in action.

  • #2
    Very cool!!! Love it. I just unboxed mine the other day, but have had it for a long time!!! Great job!!!

    Comment


  • #3
    Nice job Derek looks great now it's my turn. That jet does fly well just landings are hot so try and use your air breaks. I would not link the flaps to your air breaks. You will find the airbrake does its job but can make it pitch nose up and lose speed. Also on take off if you need full flaps the airbrakes will make the take off use more runway and could cause a tip stall. But do not take anything wrong you earned the award for weathering pretty perfect better than I can do lol. Happy flying

    Comment


    • Derek.motionrc
      Derek.motionrc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! only problem is I do not have another channel available but I have lots of runway for hot landings.

  • #4
    Beautiful work, looks really great! Just got mine up today. Looks (and sounds) fantastic in the air. Keep us posted with the maiden!

    Comment


    • #5
      Good Lord that looks Awesome!
      Current Hanger: Flight line 1600mm Spit ( Clipped ) FMS 1400mm 109, Durafly 109, Eflite P-47, Eflite PT-17, UMX Pitts, UMX Timber, Twisted Hobby Extra, Extreme Flight EDGE, FREEWING, A-4, Avanti, A-10 , F4. Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, H9 Corsair, Ziroli Hellcat. Jeti DS16 Carbon /Spektrum DX8, Freewing F-14
      Just arrived: Freewing F-22,On the way: Flightline F4U Corsair

      Comment


      • #6
        Wow, great job! Looks fantastic!!
        Aros.MotionRC
        Motion RC Website/Advertising
        Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

        My RC videos on YouTube:
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

        “My soul is in the sky.”

        Comment


        • #7
          Bet that looks good in the air

          Comment


          • #8
            Looks great

            Comment


            • #9
              Thank you all for the nice complements ! Still waiting for a maiden flight had 2 other jets go up first, the A-4 Skyhawk and the Phantom both great flyers !!!

              Comment


              • #10
                Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                Hello Derek here, I have recently put together the 90mm F-15C high performance edition and decided to do a custom paint job and my first time to weather using an airbrush. The plane went together very easy, did have a trim issue with the dual elevators but moving the servo horn on the one side solved the problem. Painting was done right over the decals then decals were re-applied after the camo was completed. I brushed on 2 colors I had previously mixed up at Home Depot for touch up on the 70mm F-16 along with the base grey color already on the F-15. When that was complete I added the decals and weathering. The pilot is from Jet Hanger Hobbies "castle 5" 1/12 scale looks great in this jet. I will get a test flight done very soon, on board is the Eagle A3 Super so should be a smooth flight. Speed brake is mixed with full flaps to deploy can't wait to see that in action.
                That's beautiful mate. I had the privilege of watching one of these fly at my local club. Not sure it was stock though, thing actually sounded like a jet. This guy really new how to play the game. When he started it up, he never shut the EDF off until he landed and finished returning to the staging area. Man did he put on a show with that thing. It's on my short list.

                You really did a stunning job on this mate. Be careful, that camo looks almost too good if you know what I mean. Looks like it would be very very effective. Best of luck!

                Woody

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                  Hello Derek here, I decided to do a custom paint job and my first time to weather
                  D.MRC, Absolutely gorrrrrr-geous. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                  Captain: Got any ideas?
                  F/O: Actually not.
                  — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Finally got this beautiful bird in the air last weekend and what a great flier! Needed very little trim but I do not think I like landing with the speed brake open so my next flights will be just full flaps only and I will deploy the speed brake after landing with a mix of full elevator down to trigger it and see how that goes.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                      Finally got this beautiful bird in the air last weekend and what a great flier! Needed very little trim but I do not think I like landing with the speed brake open so my next flights will be just full flaps only and I will deploy the speed brake after landing with a mix of full elevator down to trigger it and see how that goes.
                      I'm dying to know Derek, Was the camo too good? : ) I love the look. I know more than one flying friends that have these. They all think this is FreeWings crowning achievement. It's on my short list. I liked the paint job on this one best of all the planes ya did.

                      Best Regards
                      Woody

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Actually it was very visible ! I was afraid because dang the colors were such a dead match for the background but no problems. Really great looking in the air!

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_33760.png
Views:	1
Size:	533.5 KB
ID:	171181 Russia has some awesome paint schemes to replicate. I’m going to do the same thing to one of my F-15s but blue splinter

                          Comment


                          • #16
                            Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                            Actually it was very visible ! I was afraid because dang the colors were such a dead match for the background but no problems. Really great looking in the air!
                            Derek, Bravo Zulu. She looks great. Best, LB

                            Captain: Got any ideas?
                            F/O: Actually not.
                            — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                            Comment


                            • #17
                              Thank you, Yes I even found a Japanese paint scheme that was killer looking.

                              Comment


                              • #18
                                Any flight info on this? I'm hoping for video. Still can't get over the scheme. It's badass.

                                Comment


                                • #19
                                  It flies great ! I will see if I can get a camera man to go with me next time and get some video of it.

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X