X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping a foam airframe clean -- any suggestions

Have just joined the Avanti s club and bought my first product from Motion Rc eu -- have to say very impressed with model and service provided so many thanks to Motion RC .. Now the model looks really smart and fresh on initial unboxing however i can imagine that over time the foam will absord some of the dust and grime from local flying fields spoiling the models appearance. So my question is has anyone found any spray finish that can be applied over the foam to protect the model from the rigours of general use ?? . I also intend to apply a few decals - insurance nos ect so was thinking of overcoating any way but if i can find a coating that would also protect the foam then that would be ideal . Do not wish to add weight so was thinking a light dusting should be more than adequate however has anyone found a product that would suit my requirements -- your suggestions welcome -thanks

Originally posted by flytilidie View Post
    Have just joined the Avanti s club and bought my first product from Motion Rc eu -- have to say very impressed with model and service provided so many thanks to Motion RC .. Now the model looks really smart and fresh on initial unboxing however i can imagine that over time the foam will absord some of the dust and grime from local flying fields spoiling the models appearance. So my question is has anyone found any spray finish that can be applied over the foam to protect the model from the rigours of general use ?? . I also intend to apply a few decals - insurance nos ect so was thinking of overcoating any way but if i can find a coating that would also protect the foam then that would be ideal . Do not wish to add weight so was thinking a light dusting should be more than adequate however has anyone found a product that would suit my requirements -- your suggestions welcome -thanks
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I've used a flat clear acrylic spray that has work great to seal all the cells and decal edges.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I use Multi Purpose Gloss Floor Finish made by Holloway House, seals and protects. Just apply with a sponge brush, lite coat works great.

Comment

Thanks for the advice , much appreciated . I am assuming that both of these solutions do not yellow with age and retain their original clear colour. -- Many thanks for help

Comment

Water based polycrlic won't yellow.
          water based polyurethane will yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
            He's correct, and mine don't Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-17-23-52-29.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	164231 yellow. Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-01 17.54.20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	164230

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
              Fascinating, mine have yet to yellow, and some are 5 years old.
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Fascinating, mine have yet to yellow, and some are 5 years old.
                Probably cause the UV's in WY aren't as intense as they are for those further south of ya Dan.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
                Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

Maybe, or less air pollution. No wait, California sends us smoke every year, I forgot.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                  X