Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
    It would be so much easier to say goodbye, if they were "just dogs."

Shiloh had been part of the family for over 13 years, and he'd been both my wife's show dog for obedience and rally events, and her service dog before her hip replacement. He was one of the most personable dogs we've ever been privileged to know.
    Yes indeed. They become more than Dogs and that is what makes it hard when they leave us. Would you care to share a picture of Shiloh?

It has been 30+ years since I lost my Lab but even to this day I think of him from time to time and recall all the fun I had with him and how much happiness he brought to our family. So, once the sadness subsides, you have the opportunity to look forward and make more memories with a new puppy. I have the dumbest Basset Hound anyone could have but my wife and I love her so much. She's a great Dog and one day I am sure it will hurt to lose her as well.
    www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

Ya know, my dog is my best friend. It sucks to loose them. I feel you pain Hoomi. I come to tears every time I've lost one. Best advise, get a new one, If you could ask them, I think you would find your best friend would not want to see you suffer there passing. Most dogs love there owners, (if there good ones) more than life it's self.

Sincerely Woody

Comment

We still have four Aussies in our home, three of which are seniors. Shiloh was the oldest at almost 14. Stormy is next, pushing 13, and I'm hoping she holds on for a while, as we'd hate to lose another while still getting over losing Shiloh. Our plan is to allow the pack to thin down, and eventually get to where we just have two at any one time. We're reaching the point where we just can't give them all as much attention as they deserve.

My wife really enjoyed training and showing Shiloh in Obedience and Rally, and would eventually like to adopt another young enough to train and show again.

I've written before that God gave us dogs and cats to teach us about ourselves. Cats tend to be aloof, and seek us out when they want something, either food or attention or entertainment. You can offer a cat a treat, and the cat will sniff it with an expression like, "Is this what I really want?" Dogs, on the other hand, give so much of themselves. Yes, they want food or play or attention, but a dog will rush to you just because you call his name. A dog will take the most meager scrap you give it as a treasure, mostly because you gave it to them. A dog shows me the kind of love and devotion I should be capable of, while a cat shows me the kind of person I can be all too easily.

My wife commented on Friday that she hoped dogs went to Heaven. I figured, how could they miss? It seems to me, they must come from there to begin with, because they bring a little piece of Heaven to our homes for the time they are with us.

Comment

I didn't mean to jump this thread so I started another one here:

In light of another thread I was posting in, a discussion about our K-9 friends came up. Post up your pup's picture. This is our 2 year old Basset Hound. Her
          www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

All assembled with the landing gear and gyro. Kind of a tight fit with all the electronics inside, and glad she ordered the right battery to go with it, so I could make sure EVERYTHING fit.

Comment

All assembled with the landing gear and gyro. Kind of a tight fit with all the electronics inside, and glad she ordered the right battery to go with it, so I could make sure EVERYTHING fit.
              Looking good! When will you maiden it?

My rebel is the same way. It is super tight getting everything stuffed in it with a 3000 pack.
              www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

Not sure if I'll maiden it this weekend, or practice with a few more EDF flights in Realflight first.

Comment

Not sure if I'll maiden it this weekend, or practice with a few more EDF flights in Realflight first.
                  Gotcha. I finally got over my nerves and maiden-ed my Rebel after Christmas, I was nervous over nothing. She flew perfect and I am sure yours will be the same way.
                  www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

I still haven't maidened the Stinger, but I did take it out front this afternoon and ran it through a taxi test in the front yard.

Comment

Working...
                    X