No announcement yet.

Freewing Stinger 64 mm flight time

First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Stinger 64 mm flight time

Hey everyone, a quick question about the stinger 64 and its flight time. What type of flight time should I be expecting from using a 1600 mah 30 C battery that is recommended. I know this jet loves to eat, and I am just wondering if the 5 minutes of flight time I am experiencing is about the normal? And if I upgrade battery what size should I go to and how much more flight time can I expect. Thanks in advance for your time and answers.

Re: Freewing Stinger 64 mm flight time

That flight time on a 1600mah is perfectly normal. I fly my Freewing 64mm EDFs with a 1800mah and I get about 5 to 6 min depending on how hard I run the throttle. I know of a few people who put 2200mah in the stinger for increased time, and I believe they are getting a solid 7-8 min.

Thanks Mark!! This being my first jet I knew the fly times were shorter, just wanted to make sure it was the norm and what to expect if I increased to 2200.

I fly mine for 6:30 minutes on the 3 cell EnrichPower 2200 30c. Pack comes down at 3.8-3.82 per cell after "spirited" flight...mostly low fast passes and climbouts, with power off returns on the downwind leg. 7-8 minutes is definitely possible with mixed flight, and the Stinger doesn't mind the added weight of the 2200mah. Just adjust your lipo position to make CG.

RE: Freewing Stinger 64 mm flight time

I get 4min out of the 2200 4s