Pre-Order 1600mm Spitfire Today!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
    Don't you think it's about time for a single 80mm or 90mm F-4? Been waiting along time.
    YES!

Comment

• +1 on the Phantom. Need a Mig-21 chaser!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
        I just happen to find this great video of a Hobbyking F-4 in action that was too good not to share.

the Vietcong in the fields on the flyby was a nice touch. Great choice in music too.. It was like an F4 was on a mission heading north to play with Migs

Comment

• https://youtu.be/nqPNu4Va4Cs

https://youtu.be/OAyvevweQOI

So, reverse engineer the Skymaster airframe , mold it in foam , make it a twin 80 or single 90. Offer it in USAF C,D,E models or Navy/Marines in the B or J liveries. Voila !

Comment

• Wow, someone has some video prowess! Nice find!
            Aros.MotionRC
            Motion RC Website/Advertising
            Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Plus 1. Wow, great vid.

Comment

• Please MRC, I will take two, one of each just like these except with a cheaper price tag of course.

https://youtu.be/evfTQtLZ0xc

https://youtu.be/nIc-t-7vkZs

Comment

• I need a F4J any squadron
                  Durafly t-28
                  Freewing sbd 5
                  Avros seafurry
                  freewing A-6 edf
                  fms pt17

Comment

• I've been wanting a nice quality scale F4 in my hangar for over 10 years. Had a 70mm Blue Angel one from Banana years and years ago. Man that thing flew like a brick but I just loved that it was a Phantom.
                    Aros.MotionRC
                    Motion RC Website/Advertising
                    Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Need to have the F-4, preferably a D model. And it needs to scale, like you did for the A-10 (and yes, twin 80's). All the smaller planes are blown around the field, so it will need to be on the heavier side. For the Navy guys, a nice gadget would be a retractable hook.

If you do decide on the smaller side (like a single 80) then do it up like the Avanti. Less realism would be needed then on the gear as most folks wanting the lesser expensive model. (BTW, I used FW Super Scorpion mains on my F-86 and now I land it lightly - probably a training / fear issue for the pilot). And as an additional ask, when will MRC stock nerf whistles? Makes my A-10 sweet sounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeterGRC View Post
                        Need to have the F-4, preferably a D model. And it needs to scale, like you did for the A-10 (and yes, twin 80's). All the smaller planes are blown around the field, so it will need to be on the heavier side. For the Navy guys, a nice gadget would be a retractable hook.

If you do decide on the smaller side (like a single 80) then do it up like the Avanti. Less realism would be needed then on the gear as most folks wanting the lesser expensive model. (BTW, I used FW Super Scorpion mains on my F-86 and now I land it lightly - probably a training / fear issue for the pilot). And as an additional ask, when will MRC stock nerf whistles? Makes my A-10 sweet sounding.
                        I am all for the large twin 80mm for the ultimate in scale look and performance! But I do understand the need for a smaller less expensive model.
                        From what I have seen on this forum there seems to be an equal demand for a simple and and an all out large model with all the bells and whistles.
                        So I think there would be enough demand to support two F4 models just like the 70mm and 90mm F-16.

The small one could be a single 90mm or twin 70mm
                        The large - Twin 80mm or heck why not just go super scale with twin 90mm! The real F4 actually did have large twin engines.

Comment

• B or J model please and yes, a tailhook

Comment

• So the 80mm A-4 finally was announced, ha-ha. I was wondering when someone was going to end this silence of new models on the forums . Now follow that with an F-4 for everyone else .

Comment

• +1, T!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                So the 80mm A-4 finally was announced, ha-ha. I was wondering when someone was going to end this silence of new models on the forums . Now follow that with an F-4 for everyone else .
                                Um.... I may have missed something..... Are we talking a Freewing A-4..... as in " Good morning gentlemen the temperature is 110 degrees HOLYS**T its Viper" A-4?

Couldn't find the announcement. ......

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Um.... I may have missed something..... Are we talking a Freewing A-4..... as in " Good morning gentlemen the temperature is 110 degrees HOLYS**T its Viper" A-4?

Here you go: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...A-4E-F-Skyhawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I am all for the large twin 80mm for the ultimate in scale look and performance! But I do understand the need for a smaller less expensive model.
                                    From what I have seen on this forum there seems to be an equal demand for a simple and and an all out large model with all the bells and whistles.
                                    So I think there would be enough demand to support two F4 models just like the 70mm and 90mm F-16.

The small one could be a single 90mm or twin 70mm
                                    The large - Twin 80mm or heck why not just go super scale with twin 90mm! The real F4 actually did have large twin engines.
                                    Now that would be fine with me. I like the F-4 enough to go with both of them. My main desire is a good handling scale bird that has people stop and look as it flys by.

The single would need most likely be a 70mm while the bigger bird would need to be a twin 80. Like the A-10, while some will want to put 90's in it, twin 80s are fine and keep it scale, so that would be my vote.

My other bird would be a 1700 to 2000 mm B-25 (but then my Dad flew those in WWII) of the 487th (but hey, I would glad paint it to get exactly what I want). Needs to be scale and durable like the FW Avanti and A-10 (can you tell I like them).

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

! Yes sir. Viper's got the lead.

Comment

• Umm it's a lot more than the box man, it is the official thread direct from Tony, aka Xplaneguy.

Comment

• That's why I deleted my comment. I ASSumed the link was the the box that was shown. I went to the link and saw it was not what I assumed so I removed my comment.

Comment

Working...
                                          X