The Collings Foundation operates one of the world's greatest collections of historic aircraft.

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New defintion of cruel: Waiting for MRC to get more A-10s in stock. Have the back in stock email alert enabled, but still find myself checking the website at least every hour. Have 4 RT 6s-5500-45c packs "out for delivery" from USPS today, have Pats ordinance decals on the way (thank you Pat). Tempted to order Callies Blacksnakes graphics for it. Have RX ,ET Guardian ready. NOW I JUST NEED THE PLANE!!!!! Arggggh. .
    Continues the f5 assault on MRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
      New defintion of cruel: Waiting for MRC to get more A-10s in stock. Have the back in stock email alert enabled, but still find myself checking the website at least every hour. Have 4 RT 6s-5500-45c packs "out for delivery" from USPS today, have Pats ordinance decals on the way (thank you Pat). Tempted to order Callies Blacksnakes graphics for it. Have RX ,ET Guardian ready. NOW I JUST NEED THE PLANE!!!!! Arggggh. .
      Continues the f5 assault on MRC.
      Hang in there Thomas... I pre-ordered twice and the wait is worth it. It's good that you are preparing.
      Currently flying - Freewing 80mm F-86 & Mig-21, Stinger 90 on 8S, Twin 80mm A-10, Twin 90mm A-10 on 5S; FMS 1700mm F-4U Corsair & Fox 2320mm glider; Eflight 1200mm Spitfire Mk XIV & Rare Bear on 6S; Twisted Hobbies Crack Laser, Clik v2
      RIP - Freewing 90mm F-16, 80mm Super Scorpion, F-5 & 64mm A-10; LX A-10; Hobby King 105mm J-10 (The Zombie!)
      Coming soon - Freewing 80mm A-4. Woohoo!

Comment

• Ok, here is my new pilot and ejection seat in the cockpit. Did get rid of some of the gator look. Still working on it. Need to reinstall the birdcage. Should look pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULTIMATETWO View Post

Did on mine... just in case...even it seems that fuse side inner walls were designed with a channel for that purpouse..this ship have lots of carbon rods on wing, tail, rear side of fuse but surprising why not on the front... anyway is not dificult to add.. just sand a little the square carbon tubes and a well vented area, used 30 min. epoxy and goes on...
          Where did you get 5mm or 6mm square tubes? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bcrc View Post

A 6mm round tube (4mm inner wall diameter) works great as well. That's what I'm using. It fits snug even before gluing and holds extremely well after being glued.

Comment

• Thanks to everyone that has posted their home made A-10 stands. I borrowed those ideas and came up with my own. Spent more time building the stand then it took to build the plane.

Bill D.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                Ok, here is my new pilot and ejection seat in the cockpit. Did get rid of some of the gator look. Still working on it. Need to reinstall the birdcage. Should look pretty good.
                Beautiful canopy interior job... just a question buddy... where did you got that awesome scale pilot ?.. tx so much for granted. Continue detailing mine, add some details on the bottom fuse... and now start again all detailing with my buddy Keith´s Hog...
                Regards.
                Manolo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULTIMATETWO View Post

Beautiful canopy interior job... just a question buddy... where did you got that awesome scale pilot ?.. tx so much for granted. Continue detailing mine, add some details on the bottom fuse... and now start again all detailing with my buddy Keith´s Hog...
                  Regards.
                  Manolo.
                  Got my pilot from Real Model Pilots. You can specify size and prepainted. It's 3d printed.

Comment

• Hey, it's Callie's Birthday today. Give her a shout over on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/callie.graphics

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      Hey, it's Callie's Birthday today. Give her a shout over on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/callie.graphics
                      Done

Comment

• Ditto...
                        Currently flying - Freewing 80mm F-86 & Mig-21, Stinger 90 on 8S, Twin 80mm A-10, Twin 90mm A-10 on 5S; FMS 1700mm F-4U Corsair & Fox 2320mm glider; Eflight 1200mm Spitfire Mk XIV & Rare Bear on 6S; Twisted Hobbies Crack Laser, Clik v2
                        RIP - Freewing 90mm F-16, 80mm Super Scorpion, F-5 & 64mm A-10; LX A-10; Hobby King 105mm J-10 (The Zombie!)

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                          Hey, it's Callie's Birthday today. Give her a shout over on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/callie.graphics
                          Done...

Comment

• Hey all, I posed this question over on the mod site and have gotten no input so I'll try here too. Some time ago Tired Iron talked about cutting one coil out of the springs for the trailing link mains and said it really took the bounce out of the gear. Since then I've been looking for more input on how to accomplish that from T.I. or anybody else.....no joy. At this point I figured out how to remove the springs by pulling the hinge pin from the upper knuckle and I cut the link off with my dremel cutoff wheel. Now I'm trying to figure out how to rebend the hook end of the spring. Thoughts anyone? Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by bcrc View Post

This is what I used. It's square so there is good solid surface contact on 3 sides. I'm sure round is sufficient for this plane, but, IMHO if it's a square hole, use a square peg.
                              Carbon Fiber Pultruded Square Tube 6mm x 6mm OD 5mm ID x 1.2 meters in length. This carbon fiber tube uses high strength unidirectional T-700 equivalent fiber with an epoxy resin system to ensure a strong rigid tube that will meet your needs. | eBay!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                Hey all, I posed this question over on the mod site and have gotten no input so I'll try here too. Some time ago Tired Iron talked about cutting one coil out of the springs for the trailing link mains and said it really took the bounce out of the gear. Since then I've been looking for more input on how to accomplish that from T.I. or anybody else.....no joy. At this point I figured out how to remove the springs by pulling the hinge pin from the upper knuckle and I cut the link off with my dremel cutoff wheel. Now I'm trying to figure out how to rebend the hook end of the spring. Thoughts anyone? Brad
                                Brad, George is on vacation at the moment so he may have limited opportunities to respond right now but I am sure he will get you and answer as soon as he can. Whenever I have done it I just used pliers but that was on a less beefy set of springs.

Comment

• Thanks for getting back to me Steve. Yeah, I tried putting the spring lightly in a bench vise to hold but not crush it and then tried some needle nose pliers but couldn't even get them between the coils. Their must be some technique or tool I haven't figured out.......I'll wait for George or maybe someone sells a little shorter spring? Brad

Comment

• Anyone have a spare nose gear they can afford to part with?
                                    Aros.MotionRC
                                    Motion RC Website/Advertising
                                    Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Anyone have a spare nose gear they can afford to part with?
                                      Oh noooooo! Hey dude easy on the nose gear eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        Anyone have a spare nose gear they can afford to part with?
                                        Like one of these???

Comment

• So that's where they all went!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X