X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Trying to remember the gyro...I didn't fuss with it much. I had it turned on and activated via a rocker switch on my radio. When I did activate it I would turn the rocker switch to about 1/4 or so. I never noticed any difference with the gyro on or off for the record.

As for balancing, right side up gear down.
    thanks, I was curious about the gyro, I have an eagle tree in my mustang.

the only bad thing about this plane is lack of instructions on things like the gyro or information on the stock mixes, all it says is recommended to fly in mode 2, what ever that is. I think dymond had a post on there Facebook about what they are, can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Comment

I really had to adjust my rates so ailerons weren't so sensitive. Maybe 40% or something like that. Before I had them at 80% or something and it was waaaaaay too much throw.
      Aros.MotionRC
      Motion RC Website/Advertising
      Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        I really had to adjust my rates so ailerons weren't so sensitive. Maybe 40% or something like that. Before I had them at 80% or something and it was waaaaaay too much throw.
        I'm starting out with the rates you had posted in an earlier post and go from there.

Comment

I looked for 10 min to try and help out on the gyro but
          came up empty. Agree they should make a vidio
          for the customer.

Pete

Comment

I've heard both sides of the fence...Some like the gyro but it seems like most don't even use it. I think out of the 15 or so flights I had with it I used the gyro maybe 3 times. I activated the throttle/elevator mix finally just to see if I could tell a difference. The only thing I noticed was it climbing more when adding power. Never understood the need for that throttle/elevator mix.
            Aros.MotionRC

My RC videos on YouTube:

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
              I looked for 10 min to try and help out on the gyro but
              came up empty. Agree they should make a vidio
              for the customer.

Pete
              I did to, I have a text to BH, see what they have.

Comment

Yeah, I just like to know what I have and how it works. I like to tinker with my planes and see what works and what doesn't. It's all personal preference on what you want.
                I have an eagle tree guardian in my 1700mm p51 and like it, this gyro in hsd is no where near the guardian from what I can tell, just a gain knob.

Comment

wow, just saw the turbine version of this on BH ...what I big markup for that version...with no turbine included...so, apparently its a different type of foam that makes the plane almost double in cost?
                  www.TSHobbies.com
                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                    wow, just saw the turbine version of this on BH ...what I big markup for that version...with no turbine included...so, apparently its a different type of foam that makes the plane almost double in cost?
                    I believe it's same foam from my understanding. $500 more, has carbon fiber composites, heavier wiring, plus turbine specific equip. It's strucuraly stronger than the edf version.

Comment

Toucan Hobby has one remaining on eBay...You can even make an offer...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HSD-Arctic-1...oAAOSwo4pYdYtC
                      Aros.MotionRC

My RC videos on YouTube:

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

I'd like to see someone get really creative with the paint. I know everyone loves the arctic camouflage livery, but the 18th and 64th Aggressor Squadrons have several awesome patterns. Especially the next Russian "splinter" patterns in blue. It'll be worth the effort I think since the plane is so big.

Comment

Quick question, on my rudder servo, at 100% rate, I get 35mm to the left and 40 to the right. Servo appears to be 90 degrees. It needs to be 30mm left and right, do I adjust endpoints to achieve 30mm both sides?

Comment

Yeah I would adjust the endpoints. I have that happen on rudder quite a bit actually.
                            Aros.MotionRC

My RC videos on YouTube:

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X