Freewing F-14 80mm Twin EDF

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

    * Yea us Geezers*get the sweaty palms and shaking knees . Well I still do .....


    Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

    Comment


    • #22
      RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

      A member of our customer family was kind enough to share his T-45 assembly video with us. It's a 30+ minute video covering each step of assembling his Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk. I think it's great when pilots help their fellow modelers by providing such an in depth resource of information, as seen from their own eyes. Check out his video here:

      http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-t-45-goshawk-super-scale-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/#videos

      If any of you have similar videos of your aircraft, feel free to share them!

      Comment


      • #23
        RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

        This is a fantastic Jet. Check out the two links below for additional info about the
        Freewing T-45 GosHawk 90mm Jet.

        Motion RC assembly and review video:
        http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-t-45-goshawk-super-scale-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/#videos

        Hangar 37 Steering mod video:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KWIzRyDq8

        Hope these videos are of some help to you T-45 owners.
        Wisconsin John (Hangar 37)

        Comment


        • #24
          RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

          This is a fantastic Jet. Check out the two links below for additional info about the
          Freewing T-45 GosHawk 90mm Jet.

          Hangar 37 Assembly and review video:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi42VdplzH8

          Hangar 37 Steering mod video:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KWIzRyDq8

          Hope these videos are of some help to you T-45 owners.
          Wisconsin John (Hangar 37)

          Comment


          • #25
            RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

            I was trying to have the slats deploy with the flap switch but found they are reversed.
            I'm using a Futaba T7C radio with an 8 ch receiver.
            Can anybody point me to some info to achieve this?
            Thanks

            Comment


            • #26
              RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

              The slats have to be on a separate channel then the flaps. You can then reverse the slats, and then do a mix of your flap channel as the main and slat channel as the slave channel. This should solve your problem. Let me know how it worked out for you.
              Wisconsin John
              [hr]
              Didn't notice your using a seven channel transmitter. You really need an 8 or 9 channel receiver and transmitter to get everything this plane has to offer. You may try reversing the flaps and resetting your position figures before you y harness the slats into the flap channel.

              Comment


              • #27
                RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

                John is right, thanks for posting! That's how I did mine.

                Originally posted by WisconsinJohn
                The slats have to be on a separate channel then the flaps. You can then reverse the slats, and then do a mix of your flap channel as the main and slat channel as the slave channel. This should solve your problem. Let me know how it worked out for you.
                Wisconsin John

                [hr]
                Didn't notice your using a seven channel transmitter. You really need an 8 or 9 channel receiver and transmitter to get everything this plane has to offer. You may try reversing the flaps and resetting your position figures before you y harness the slats into the flap channel.

                Comment


                • #28
                  I also tried to use a 7C when I had my T-45, nothing worked right no matter how I mixed, Y harnessed, tried just about everything possible and never got everything to work right. I really like my 7C, its all I use for my EDF jets but the T-45 needs more channels to work properly I think, unless someone can let me know how you got everthing working. If I remember right, I ended up not using the speed brakes. I got close though, put the flaps on ch 7 and Y it with the ESC, then put the slats on 6 using the flap knob, maybe a servo reverser would work somewhere on this to get the speed brakes to go the right direction??

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Has anyone strengthened the main gear mounts on this jet? I'm just considering something other than pure Gorilla Glue at this point haha!

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      I have been eyeing this thing for a while. I hadn't seen one fly in person until recently. My buddy has one and I am pretty convinced that it is one to have. I just don't care for the colors. So I have my own set up that I will be testing with his today which is a Leopard 4082 1600kv inrunner, freewing inrunner fan and still running on 6s 40c 5000mah pack. I have used this in my 90mm F-15 with really good results but this plane has cleaner ducting and is a better choice for it. I hope to be able to post results later today. I am expecting a huge leap in performance just like I got with the F-15 but even better cruising at half throttle. Anyway here is the video of me flying my 70mm F-16 with him.

                      I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                        I have been eyeing this thing for a while. I hadn't seen one fly in person until recently. My buddy has one and I am pretty convinced that it is one to have. I just don't care for the colors. So I have my own set up that I will be testing with his today which is a Leopard 4082 1600kv inrunner, freewing inrunner fan and still running on 6s 40c 5000mah pack. I have used this in my 90mm F-15 with really good results but this plane has cleaner ducting and is a better choice for it. I hope to be able to post results later today. I am expecting a huge leap in performance just like I got with the F-15 but even better cruising at half throttle. Anyway here is the video of me flying my 70mm F-16 with him.

                        Go with the Cyclone Power 1650kv inrunner if you want a bump in performance with the alloy FW12b, it's much more efficient. But... 8s is really the ticket.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

                          Go with the Cyclone Power 1650kv inrunner if you want a bump in performance with the alloy FW12b, it's much more efficient. But... 8s is really the ticket.
                          it actually went ok! The CG was off so it didn't pick up all that much speed on the one flight we got. But I am going to get one and try it out.... see how it goes.
                          I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

                            it actually went ok! The CG was off so it didn't pick up all that much speed on the one flight we got. But I am going to get one and try it out.... see how it goes.
                            Nice! You'll like it... Great sound and strong thrust at only 98 amps~

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              The Cyclone is a 3674 which is not ideal for the Freewing Fan since it has a lot more pitch than the xrp unit that it normally is in. My search still continues... maybe 8s is the only way to do this... but I am still gonna try... we have used 3674 1700kv motors with good results but somewhat high amp draw...
                              I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                The Cyclone is a 3674 which is not ideal for the Freewing Fan since it has a lot more pitch than the xrp unit that it normally is in. My search still continues... maybe 8s is the only way to do this... but I am still gonna try... we have used 3674 1700kv motors with good results but somewhat high amp draw...
                                What are you talking about? The CP1650 works great with the Alloy cased FW 12b. I've built more combos than most people have planes and it's a fine setup for moderate draw on 6s.(98 amps)

                                It makes almost as much power as the FW HET 1680 only without the excess 20~amp draw.

                                The CP1650/Taft 11b setup is also a solid setup... Lighter and even better sounding than the FW12b.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

                                  What are you talking about? The CP1650 works great with the Alloy cased FW 12b. I've built more combos than most people have planes and it's a fine setup for moderate draw on 6s.(98 amps)

                                  It makes almost as much power as the FW HET 1680 only without the excess 20~amp draw.

                                  The CP1650/Taft 11b setup is also a solid setup... Lighter and even better sounding than the FW12b.
                                  I will have to try it out but the ones I have seen in the same size and kv have been well over 120amps in the freewing units. The 11 blade makes sense in being lower amp draw and sounding great. I have heard that and seen the videos proving that too. I am gonna test the 3674 1700kv Tacon that I have again and see what I am getting with the esc timing as I want. Last tests were on high timing. You also need to take the whole throttle range into account as well. Bigger diameter motors seems to reach higher RPMS at half throttle but draw less amps. So for these motors there are pros and cons to each set up. I like light set ups but it isn't always possible which calls for a compromise. This is how I was able to get my 90mm F-15 to perform as well as it does on 6s. It is using a 4092 1730kv motor on 6s and gets much better than stock performance and pretty dang close to 8s as well. It takes tinkering and I did tons of it over the last year. I am not a novice in this whole area either and am willing to take the risks involved with trying some things to see what happens.
                                  I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

                                    I will have to try it out but the ones I have seen in the same size and kv have been well over 120amps in the freewing units. The 11 blade makes sense in being lower amp draw and sounding great. I have heard that and seen the videos proving that too. I am gonna test the 3674 1700kv Tacon that I have again and see what I am getting with the esc timing as I want. Last tests were on high timing. You also need to take the whole throttle range into account as well. Bigger diameter motors seems to reach higher RPMS at half throttle but draw less amps. So for these motors there are pros and cons to each set up. I like light set ups but it isn't always possible which calls for a compromise. This is how I was able to get my 90mm F-15 to perform as well as it does on 6s. It is using a 4092 1730kv motor on 6s and gets much better than stock performance and pretty dang close to 8s as well. It takes tinkering and I did tons of it over the last year. I am not a novice in this whole area either and am willing to take the risks involved with trying some things to see what happens.
                                    You'll never see over 100 amps with the CP1650/FW12 on 6s. I've had three of them and they've all pulled about 96-98 amps.

                                    However, the HET1680 they sell pulls about 118-120 amps on 6s... WAY too hot for the 3.3-3.4kg it makes IMHO.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      ok guys here is the video of the T-45 with my modded set up. the specs are a 4082 1600kv Leopard motor with an Inrunner Freewing Fan. Stock esc with a 6s 60c 5000mah pack. I found out later that the pack was brand new and he had not broken it in. So it could have been better. This motor set up is significantly heavier than stock but it moved the plane pretty good! Also the CG may have been a tad further back than before. We only got one flight with it. He changed it back to stock since it didn't really suit his flying style. I am sure that I could get it t work out pretty well with some extra fine tuning! Take a look...

                                      I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X