You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe we can consider a different warbird used in WWII by the Soviets against Germany. The Polikarpov Po-2 biplane flown by Russian female pilots called Nachthexens (Night Witches) by the Germans to do night time bombing runs... different type of warbird with an interesting history..

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Po-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	167542

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rougarou69 View Post
      F-18 blue angel super hornet please! 80/90 mm twin please!
      Oh yeah, please, please do one up like that FW...........

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
        What about a Junkers 188 with working bomb release.....

        Click image for larger version

Name:	ju188e-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	167537
        Over on the DCS flight simulator forums it was asked a while ago by one of the developers what WWII airplane would people like to see come to the sim. The most requested was the the Ju-88.
        So not knowing much about it at the time I looked up a documentary about it and was intrigued buy how versatile it was during the war. I have also found it pleasure to fly in combat in War Thunder.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Evoman View Post

          Over on the DCS flight simulator forums it was asked a while ago by one of the developers what WWII airplane would people like to see come to the sim. The most requested was the the Ju-88.
          So not knowing much about it at the time I looked up a documentary about it and was intrigued buy how versatile it was during the war. I have also found it pleasure to fly in combat in War Thunder.
          Yes, it would be nice to see a couple 2 meter models in the air all weathered out with a couple ME 109 on CAP. And like you stated the history makes very interesting reading...

          Comment


          • I also would like to see some 2m super scale prop birds either twin or single using 6S. I know the 1.6m has a good price point, and is easier to store and transport, but the 2m size is so impressive to fly!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
              I also would like to see some 2m super scale prop birds either twin or single using 6S. I know the 1.6m has a good price point, and is easier to store and transport, but the 2m size is so impressive to fly!
              Agree. Look at the Carbon Z T28. Great flyer, looks great and transport was easy. Tried the Blitz Work P40 in that size but the quality is not there. What about a YB 35? It's a wing that is capable for RC and can be transport friendly..

              Click image for larger version

Name:	b35-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	167616

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

                Agree. Look at the Carbon Z T28. Great flyer, looks great and transport was easy. Tried the Blitz Work P40 in that size but the quality is not there. What about a YB 35? It's a wing that is capable for RC and can be transport friendly..

                Click image for larger version  Name:	b35-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	167616
                Actually, the jet version(YB-49) might be easier and less expensive and easier to fly because it had vertical stabilizers and you could probably get away with two EDFs, but the scale purists would want 8. Or how about the Horten 229?

                Comment


                • On board for a twin 80mm 2 meter plus Horton 229 but do not think it is in the plans.... but is nice to wish...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                    On board for a twin 80mm 2 meter plus Horton 229 but do not think it is in the plans.... but is nice to wish...
                    But why does it seem that everybody wants $600 planes that require TWO $80 batteries for it to fly for just FOUR minutes?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

                      But why does it seem that everybody wants $600 planes that require TWO $80 batteries for it to fly for just FOUR minutes?
                      Good Question Valk! I always thought the 8s planes made it possible to use (2) 4s packs, which you might just happen to have on hand, instead of having to buy a new very expensive 6s pack just for one new model. Just my thoughts man.

                      Woody

                      Comment


                      • Some may say I am crazy but, I would like to see MRC/FW do a raffle/lottery of sorts. Take every plane that has been mentioned in this thread. Put them all in a "bucket", MRC/FW pulls out just one. Whichever one they pull that is the next plane. If only one person submitted that particular plane then he/she gets it free. If multiple people suggested that plane, then they individually get a substantial discount. Of course the discount would vary based on how many people suggested the same aircraft. Doing something along those lines would make it fair for everyone involved in my opinion.

                        I also think that no matter which plane is pulled based on the suggestions I have seen in this thread, people would buy still them. I know I would. There is not a plane in this thread that I wouldn't mind owning.
                        www.23T.weebly.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

                          Good Question Valk! I always thought the 8s planes made it possible to use (2) 4s packs, which you might just happen to have on hand, instead of having to buy a new very expensive 6s pack just for one new model. Just my thoughts man.

                          Woody
                          While that seems like a good idea, you have to have a battery bay that will accommodate two 3S batteries. But that only gets you up to the 6S 2000-3000 mAh level with a majority of the 6S requiring a minimum of 4000 mAh, which would require TWO batteries wired parallel, then two sets wired in series for a total of 4 batteries, or 8 for the twin 80 mm aircraft.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

                            But why does it seem that everybody wants $600 planes that require TWO $80 batteries for it to fly for just FOUR minutes?
                            Hey Valpilot,

                            I can only speak for myself but what a rush for the 4 minutes. Enjoy the speed and sound. I also have the park flyers , large scale and turbines and like to fly them all. The ones with10 plus minutes of enjoyful flying are great when just relaxing and flying scale. Right now wanting a large scale F86. Think HSD has one in the works along with a T33.....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

                              Hey Valpilot,

                              I can only speak for myself but what a rush for the 4 minutes. Enjoy the speed and sound. I also have the park flyers , large scale and turbines and like to fly them all. The ones with10 plus minutes of enjoyful flying are great when just relaxing and flying scale. Right now wanting a large scale F86. Think HSD has one in the works along with a T33.....
                              Well I'm quite happy with my 50 mm T-33 and as soon as I get caught up with my construction backlog will be adding a 50 mm F-86 to go with the F9F, A-4, and BAE Hawk.

                              Comment


                              • Anxiously awaiting the release of the F/A-18 Blue Angels Super Hornet in either the 80 or 90 mm version

                                Comment


                                • I was looking for big EDF models since the A-10 is such a fantastic flyer and awesome looking in the air. Everything stops at the field when I taxi out, and the flybys are WOW!

                                  So I was looking at the HSD 105mm EDFs. They run on 12S, which we all have the 6S 5000 mah around if we run the FreeWing big EDFs. So I think MotionRC should punch a big fat hole in the EDF market and go with some special releases of a 105mm EDF on 12S!!! Super scale and all! Offer the cockpit models to print for added details, and the synergy alone would establish FreeWing as the premier EDF supplier!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Rougarou69 View Post
                                    F-18 blue angel super hornet please! 80/90 mm twin please!
                                    That would be a nice New Yr jet to start off with, just got my Christmas bonus from work and ready for a new EDF, don't tell me to get the F-22 either, I passed on it for my own personal reasons............

                                    Merry Chrstmas to all that are on here.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

                                      That would be a nice New Yr jet to start off with, just got my Christmas bonus from work and ready for a new EDF, don't tell me to get the F-22 either, I passed on it for my own personal reasons............

                                      Merry Chrstmas to all that are on here.
                                      I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything new here. MRC might be a trade war victim.
                                      Last edited by Valkpilot; Dec 25th, 2018, 12:12 PM. Reason: typo

                                      Comment


                                      • DCORSAIR I agree with you on the F-22. I’m not a fan personally. I’d say if it wasn’t for all the computerized hardware that’s required for this that it probably wouldn’t fly! Bring on the F/A-18 Super Hornet???? ! Blue Angels theme would be absolutely stunning and spectacular to see in the air!

                                        Comment


                                        • A DH Mosquito to the same standard as the F7F with options for bomber or fighter versions would be amazing!
                                          Anyone else think so?

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X