2000mm Giant Scale B-24 - Olive Drab

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for that mosquito

Comment

• Originally posted by Rougarou69 View Post
      DCORSAIR I agree with you on the F-22. I’m not a fan personally. I’d say if it wasn’t for all the computerized hardware that’s required for this that it probably wouldn’t fly! Bring on the F/A-18 Super Hornet???? ! Blue Angels theme would be absolutely stunning and spectacular to see in the air!
      So interesting how different everyone is. An F-18 never has and never will appeal to me. Now a Griffin or Rafael

Comment

• Originally posted by Rougarou69 View Post
        DCORSAIR I agree with you on the F-22. I’m not a fan personally. I’d say if it wasn’t for all the computerized hardware that’s required for this that it probably wouldn’t fly! Bring on the F/A-18 Super Hornet???? ! Blue Angels theme would be absolutely stunning and spectacular to see in the air!
        I'll let you know how stunning onceI get this assembled and my proficiency back up enough to fly it.
        F-18 Blue Angels V2 PNP, 64mm EDF Jet with Free AR410 Receiver FCEF060001C Force RC Plug-N-Play, Jets/Ducted Fan, Warbirds, Horizon Hobby Specials, Force RC, Club/Large Field Airplanes Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Ya know I am going to pull the trigger on a new F-18. Kinda waiting to see if FW does anything. If nothing comes along by the end of March, I'll probably pull the trigger on that FMS one.

I haven't been happy with the last few offerings from FW. I can say that the L-39, & F-22 are great models in attention to detail and flight performance. But I too was disappointed in this model selection. As a good friend of mine said, "I don't care how nice they are, or how well they fly you have to like looking at them, because when your flying that's all you do is look at them".

The paint job you did, "Jdude" made that albatross look 300 percent better mate. That's the honest truth. But that model will never be on my short list. But the last person in the world Motion should be taking model selection advise from is me. I'm certainly a minority. But when I look thru the FW lineup I do see signs of total brilliance. The brilliance I see are planes like the "A-6 Intruder". I can't help but wonder where that came from? But there it is! I often wonder where the "EA6-B Prowler" went? It's a much, much better looking A-6 then the intruder. Then there is the "A-7"? Guess no one likes that one anymore. Only thing I can figure is the A-6's they did make, just aren't doing very well in sales.

I would have been all over a 90mm F-8. One that was done right, nice like that F-22. It might interest you to know that the last iteration of the F-8, would out run & out climb the Phantom. It did it on one engine, and cost about 40% less than a Phantom. It is often refereed to as the best plane the US Navy ever cancelled. I would have also purchased an F-100, or a bigger thunder chief. Kinda shows you where my mind set is.

But sincerely, I have to just start building from plans again. Just getting started so it will be a while before I have something to show for my endeavor if ever.

Nuff Said.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
          Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
            But sincerely, I have to just start building from plans again. Just getting started so it will be a while before I have something to show for my endeavor if ever.

Nuff Said.

Woody
            Glad to hear that you are doing a bit of actual building now. As I'm sure you know, it can be quite rewarding. And sometimes it's the only way you can get a unique aircraft. I certainly have nothing against ARFs, BNFs, or PNPs at all. My wife and I have a hanger full of them, and we really enjoy them. There's just something about working at the bench on a cold winter's day fabricating a bird from the ground up. When you've done it up right and it lifts into the air for the first time, and it flys great, well that's hard to top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Glad to hear that you are doing a bit of actual building now. As I'm sure you know, it can be quite rewarding. And sometimes it's the only way you can get a unique aircraft. I certainly have nothing against ARFs, BNFs, or PNPs at all. My wife and I have a hanger full of them, and we really enjoy them. There's just something about working at the bench on a cold winter's day fabricating a bird from the ground up. When you've done it up right and it lifts into the air for the first time, and it flys great, well that's hard to top.
              I hear ya TJ regarding the satisfaction factor about building and it's been a long while since I've pinned bulkheads and stringers to a layout board but lately the thought of building has been flashing up in my wishful eyes for a as another option since the industry doesn't seem to be too keen about an ARF.
              Just gotta get the garage rebuild completed so that I'll have space in my workshop to build a large scale OV-10 and get all the stuff that I've been re-acquiring that normally went in the garage out of my toy assembly hangar.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
              Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

• Morning Folks!

Ya know Charley, I did buy what I think was the last HSD A-1 Kit in existence, (Foam Only, yes as you pointed out in the H-9 Corsair it's going to cost me a small fortune to get it going). It's the only 1600mm kit I own. Probably going to que that one up for assembly in the coming weeks. I just have the foam components. I'm using Eflight Corsair retracts, and mostly Freewing components. Had to get the motor and ESC from HK though, was the only thing I could find that would fit.

There is another plane that is gone! Only A-1 available it the little TopRC. Must not have been a very popular model ether. Sad man, at least to me. What's not to like about an A-1, looks great, fly's great. Guess it doesn't sell so great.

If ya build that OV-10, let me know. Take notes, I'd like to build one too. I think that would make a beautiful RC Model, honestly.

I'd like to see a lot of new models, but I think an A-7 would be cool. OK, I know it's a large mouth bass, but I always liked them. In my first carrier deployment that's pretty much all we had for bombers. The real one flew great, I use to hear the pilots always remark how easy it was to get back on the ship with that plane vs others. You read in all the historical crap they say how it was a light attack aircraft. We always just knew it as a bomber. We never ever referred to it as a light attack aircraft. But in the old days, my old days of Nitro Ducted Fans, we all wanted one of those. But all we had at the time for kits were propeller driven ones . I think it would make an awesome 80mm EDF, FOR ME, .

Off to work I go, still work for the NAVY, just don't have a commission anymore. I'm 62 for Christ sake, ya think they would just leave me alone.
                Woody

Comment

• Just to add my thoughts, I've been so hoping for an OV-10 that its become a fact. I haven't considered what to do if they don't make one and to build one would seem to be the only alternative. My building skills are nill as I haven't built balsa kits since I was a kid, but the thought has intrigued me. So what is a good first time builders kit?? I was thinking of a stick but what is your opinion.
                  I've always associated the OV-10 with my buddy CB and to have one would be to have CB right there at the field flying like old times. What say MRC???

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Ya know I am going to pull the trigger on a new F-18. Kinda waiting to see if FW does anything. If nothing comes along by the end of March, I'll probably pull the trigger on that FMS one.

I haven't been happy with the last few offerings from FW. I can say that the L-39, & F-22 are great models in attention to detail and flight performance. But I too was disappointed in this model selection. As a good friend of mine said, "I don't care how nice they are, or how well they fly you have to like looking at them, because when your flying that's all you do is look at them".

The paint job you did, "Jdude" made that albatross look 300 percent better mate. That's the honest truth. But that model will never be on my short list. But the last person in the world Motion should be taking model selection advise from is me. I'm certainly a minority. But when I look thru the FW lineup I do see signs of total brilliance. The brilliance I see are planes like the "A-6 Intruder". I can't help but wonder where that came from? But there it is! I often wonder where the "EA6-B Prowler" went? It's a much, much better looking A-6 then the intruder. Then there is the "A-7"? Guess no one likes that one anymore. Only thing I can figure is the A-6's they did make, just aren't doing very well in sales.

I would have been all over a 90mm F-8. One that was done right, nice like that F-22. It might interest you to know that the last iteration of the F-8, would out run & out climb the Phantom. It did it on one engine, and cost about 40% less than a Phantom. It is often refereed to as the best plane the US Navy ever cancelled. I would have also purchased an F-100, or a bigger thunder chief. Kinda shows you where my mind set is.

Nuff Said.

Woody
                    One of my other pass times is flying airplanes in combat flight games and simulators. As much as I have liked certain aircraft purely based on looks in the past my experience flying them in combat have either made me love them more or detest them. In some cases some airplanes grew on me that I previously didn't think much of or were completely unknown to me before.
                    Some of the airplanes that I have had bad experiences with or simply dislike flying are the P-80, L-39 and P-51.
                    Some of the airplanes I have grown to love are the F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, F7F- Tigercat and AJS-37 Viggen simply because I can always count on them in the heat of battle and are always a pleasure to fly.
                    The F-100 looks sharp but I am waiting to be able to fly it in War Thunder before I pass any judgments about its performance. The F-8 Crusader is one of those jets that didn't look all that sharp or interesting to me before I watched a documentary about it. Now I have a different view of it and would like to fly it the day it becomes available in my favorite flight sims.

For those interested to know what airplanes are currently available for DCS World which is ones of the best combat flight sims out there. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/
                    Some of the airplanes that are in development that will soon be added are the F-14A/B and Mig-19P.

But I am mostly waiting for the mighty Tomcat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

One of my other pass times is flying airplanes in combat flight games and simulators. As much as I have liked certain aircraft purely based on looks in the past my experience flying them in combat have either made me love them more or detest them. In some cases some airplanes grew on me that I previously didn't think much of or were completely unknown to me before.
                      Some of the airplanes that I have had bad experiences with or simply dislike flying are the P-80, L-39 and P-51.
                      Some of the airplanes I have grown to love are the F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, F7F- Tigercat and AJS-37 Viggen simply because I can always count on them in the heat of battle and are always a pleasure to fly.
                      The F-100 looks sharp but I am waiting to be able to fly it in War Thunder before I pass any judgments about its performance. The F-8 Crusader is one of those jets that didn't look all that sharp or interesting to me before I watched a documentary about it. Now I have a different view of it and would like to fly it the day it becomes available in my favorite flight sims.

For those interested to know what airplanes are currently available for DCS World which is ones of the best combat flight sims out there. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/
                      Some of the airplanes that are in development that will soon be added are the F-14A/B and Mig-19P.

But I am mostly waiting for the mighty Tomcat!

Hey Buddy,

Just so I know, What is you favorite flight sim?

Woody

We would usually have one squadron of F-8's on the carriers I frequented. Usually just 2 planes. They were our reconasant aircraft. We also had F-14's.
                      I never really got into it to much, but I always heard the F-8's were faster. Yea they're like an ugly baby, ya got to grow to love em. But, during the Cuban missile crisis, it was F-8's that were in there, not F-4's. W

Comment

Hey Buddy,

Just so I know, What is you favorite flight sim?

Woody

We would usually have one squadron of F-8's on the carriers I frequented. Usually just 2 planes. They were our reconasant aircraft. We also had F-14's.
                        I never really got into it to much, but I always heard the F-8's were faster. Yea they're like an ugly baby, ya got to grow to love em. But, during the Cuban missile crisis, it was F-8's that were in there, not F-4's. W
                        My favorite two flight sims that I play the most are War Thunder and DCS World. They are both free to download and play but they do have their differences.
                        War Thunder is a bit more arcade but it does have a full simulation mode. This game has a plethora of airplanes, helicopters, tanks and recently ships but you have to work grind your way earning points to unlock other airplanes.
                        War Thunder is a great game when you just want to quickly jump in the action and have fun. https://warthunder.com/us
                        DCS World is more of a full fidelity simulator with every system completely simulated and the most realistic to the real deal. DCS only includes a Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and a TF-51D fighter. Any other aircraft you wish to add has to be purchased. There is currently a winter sale going on.
                        DCS is a great study simulator that takes more time to learn and train how to operate a particular aircraft. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/index.php

Comment

• Thanks Mate!

OV-10, OV-10, OV-10, ​​OV-10, OV-10, OV-10, OV-10, OV-10, OV-10,​​​​​​​ OV-10, OV-10, OV-10, OV-10!

​​​​​​​Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I hear ya TJ regarding the satisfaction factor about building and it's been a long while since I've pinned bulkheads and stringers to a layout board but lately the thought of building has been flashing up in my wishful eyes for a as another option since the industry doesn't seem to be too keen about an ARF.
                            Just gotta get the garage rebuild completed so that I'll have space in my workshop to build a large scale OV-10 and get all the stuff that I've been re-acquiring that normally went in the garage out of my toy assembly hangar.
                            Anyone have a good set of scratch build plans for one of these, "an OV-10"? I'm in.

Woody

Comment

Anyone have a good set of scratch build plans for one of these, "an OV-10"? I'm in.

Woody
                              Here ya go Woody
                              https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=8399

Comment

• Thanks Mate!

Woody

Comment

• The OV-10 is not only a cool airplane but it would be perfect for all of those that mostly use grass fields. Judging by how popular an OV-10 Bronco would be and by how much it has been requested in these forums it is only a matter of time be fore be see a Flightline model.
                                  The last airplane that was request just as much was the F-4 Phantom and it only took like 1-2 years after that to see one done. This is one of the few models I got a good feeling about it coming out soon enough.

Comment

• I couldn't agree more with ya Evo. But the last release was a Corsair! I'm not Knocking it, its one beautiful Corsair. The market obviously must have supported this, or they wouldn't have done it. But seriously Corsairs & P-51's??? There are soooo many of them out there already, nice ones too. But we do have a very nice new one from FreeWing.

I just think an OV-10 would have been a better choice to make. No body's making them. They would have the whole market to them selves with an OV. Oh yea lets make a new plane so we can jump right in to the Corsair battle of the royal. I, (seriously) must have no idea what the market is doing.

Just in case anybody thinks I'm trying to beat up FreeWing, I'm not! It's not just FreeWing, this is an industry wide as far as I'm concerned. E-flight came out with a brand new bright and shiny P-51 this year. Seriously does anyone think we need a new P-51? They're sooo many.

Just venting man
                                    Woody

PS HobbyKing has a C-130 & Grumman Albatross coming. : ), But it's HobbyKing! For Christ's sake. It makes me sick how they do things! Going to be available soon. I hate to tell you HK but 6-12 months is not soon. They got the most popular plane on the market, and you'd think they could get them out the door. But nooo, nooo, nooo. They come out with a cool plane, and the whole world hates em for it.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with ya Evo. But the last release was a Corsair! I'm not Knocking it, its one beautiful Corsair. The market obviously must have supported this, or they wouldn't have done it. But seriously Corsairs & P-51's??? There are soooo many of them out there already, nice ones too. But we do have a very nice new one from FreeWing.

I just think an OV-10 would have been a better choice to make. No body's making them. They would have the whole market to them selves with an OV. Oh yea lets make a new plane so we can jump right in to the Corsair battle of the royal. I, (seriously) must have no idea what the market is doing.

Just in case anybody thinks I'm trying to beat up FreeWing, I'm not! It's not just FreeWing, this is an industry wide as far as I'm concerned. E-flight came out with a brand new bright and shiny P-51 this year. Seriously does anyone think we need a new P-51? They're sooo many.

Just venting man
                                      Woody

PS HobbyKing has a C-130 & Grumman Albatross coming. : ), But it's HobbyKing! For Christ's sake. It makes me sick how they do things! Going to be available soon. I hate to tell you HK but 6-12 months is not soon. They got the most popular plane on the market, and you'd think they could get them out the door. But nooo, nooo, nooo. They come out with a cool plane, and the whole world hates em for it.
                                      The Corsair was a conservative gamble, since thanks to Robert Conrad, it's one of the most recognized from WWII. And yes, a Bronco would do well from a grass fields since that was one of the design requirements.
                                      And as far as E-flite goes, it seems to me that every third "new release" is a Piper Cub type. And from some of the "runes" I've read in other threads, it might be a while before we see any new releases from the MRC
                                      brands. It seems that the "trade war" might be causing some problems between them and the Middle Kingdom.

Comment

Woody
                                        Hey Woody, the Urivich Ov10 plans are probably available, you could contact him on Facebook. He has a 52” and 80” Bronco. I have the 52” kit, all laser cut wood but not so great canopy and fragile vac formed nacelles, but I hope to start building it soon. I’m glad I didn’t build it back when I bought it as it would’ve had OS25FSR slobber engines mounted!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Hey Woody, the Urivich Ov10 plans are probably available, you could contact him on Facebook. He has a 52” and 80” Bronco. I have the 52” kit, all laser cut wood but not so great canopy and fragile vac formed nacelles, but I hope to start building it soon. I’m glad I didn’t build it back when I bought it as it would’ve had OS25FSR slobber engines mounted!
                                          Ahh the mess. I remember it well. Don't miss it though, . I'll check it out mate.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X