F-8 Crusader 64mm EDF Jet PNP

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know I love yur vids Delta. So I think your cool. I hate the way an F-35 looks, it looks to much like a brick layer made it. Awe-full Hideous looking thing! At certain angles it looks ok, but yur never gonna make me think that's something I want a model of. I don't want one of those! Especially not a 90mm. Don't want to seem to be critical here. The 70mm F-35 is just fine for me and I'm sure many others.

Now if the team wants to make something special? How about a, "Harrier"? That's something special! For me at least I would be happy with slow landings and take offs. But the purest's, ya know,,, IF IT DON"T HOVER IT CAN'T BE!!!! Well slow landings and take offs would be good enough for me, which I sure would be just fine by an awfully lot of people who want one. I just love the look of the plane. I like high wing jets they have a look that is all there own, and are cool in my world. So if ya want a plane that's a big hit? Make a 90mm Harrier, NOT AN F-35, in my opinion. : )

Best Regards
    Woody
    I would also like to see a Harrier but it would have to be capable of vertical take offs. There is a guy that first started out developing his own F-35B capable of vertical take off that has now moved on to developing a Harrier with what he has learned from the previous project.
    It is now possible to make this type of EDF model a reality with modern electronics and 3D printing. This guy will be offering wood kits soon for sale. But if Freewing could team up with this guy to help develop a foam model it would be worth the investment because it would be very popular model for those that fly off grass fields, short runways or just a patch of land big enough to take off from.

Comment

• I think an 80mm Panther or P 80 shooting star would go over well also

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
        I think an 80mm Panther or P 80 shooting star would go over well also
        I think these would be great too, but other than HSD with their jet powered version of a P-80, no one else seems to be interested in making these.

Demanding that a Harrier be able to operate vertically is pretty factually going to eliminate it from ever being made anytime soon. I don't think it would be so hard to make one that would do an almost vertical take off and landing. I'm different in thinking I would want to make sure they made where it would it straighten up and fly gracefully as a nice fixed wing EDF more than being able to hover. The real one can only hover for about 90 seconds until it heats up severely, and incurs serious damage. I haven't seen one of these experimental ones do anything but lumber around when trying to fly forward. Graceful forward like flight would be more important to me than a hover. But that me. : )

But it's important for the manufacturers to know what they would be in for if they made one.

To me if they made it where it would do an almost vertical take off & landing I would be good with it. I think this would be a must have model by many for sure.

Woody

Comment

• A Cougar!!

Comment

I think these would be great too, but other than HSD with their jet powered version of a P-80, no one else seems to be interested in making these.

Woody
            I don't know what parameters you operate under, but look around. RC Lander used to make a 90 mm P-80 and T-33, and still makes a 68 mm Cougar and Panther it several color choices. And Sky Angel makes a 50 mm T-33 and Panther, with the Panther coming in either the navy blue or white colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I don't know what parameters you operate under, but look around. RC Lander used to make a 90 mm P-80 and T-33, and still makes a 68 mm Cougar and Panther it several color choices. And Sky Angel makes a 50 mm T-33 and Panther, with the Panther coming in either the navy blue or white colors.
              Perhaps I know nothing, but I do know that RC Lander is junk. That's why they "Used To Make" products that they don't anymore. Because nobody buys them. They may have been early pioneers, but they were plowed over by FMS; Freewing; Dynam and HSD. That's really the question here. "What new FlightLine or Freewing planes would you like to see". Truth is, I'd like to see all the planes that RC Lander makes, or made, but with updated sizes; updated motors; EDF's; landing gear; wheels; connecting rods; ball links; paint schemes; proper battery bays and cockpit hatches. Ya know, all the 2019 stuff! If I'm paying for it, then I want what I pay for.......

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Perhaps I know nothing, but I do know that RC Lander is junk. That's why they "Used To Make" products that they don't anymore. Because nobody buys them. They may have been early pioneers, but they were plowed over by FMS; Freewing; Dynam and HSD. That's really the question here. "What new FlightLine or Freewing planes would you like to see". Truth is, I'd like to see all the planes that RC Lander makes, or made, but with updated sizes; updated motors; EDF's; landing gear; wheels; connecting rods; ball links; paint schemes; proper battery bays and cockpit hatches. Ya know, all the 2019 stuff! If I'm paying for it, then I want what I pay for.......
                Yup, basically what he said. Ya know someone at Banana use to have some of these too, . Come on Valk?

Woody

Comment

Ya know I love yur vids Delta. So I think your cool. I hate the way an F-35 looks, it looks to much like a brick layer made it. Awe-full Hideous looking thing! At certain angles it looks ok, but yur never gonna make me think that's something I want a model of. I don't want one of those! Especially not a 90mm. Don't want to seem to be critical here. The 70mm F-35 is just fine for me and I'm sure many others.

Now if the team wants to make something special? How about a, "Harrier"? That's something special! For me at least I would be happy with slow landings and take offs. But the purest's, ya know,,, IF IT DON"T HOVER IT CAN'T BE!!!! Well slow landings and take offs would be good enough for me, which I sure would be just fine by an awfully lot of people who want one. I just love the look of the plane. I like high wing jets they have a look that is all there own, and are cool in my world. So if ya want a plane that's a big hit? Make a 90mm Harrier, NOT AN F-35, in my opinion. : )
                  I can understand not liking the look of the airframe, that's all personal preference. I will say, that I've gained infinitley more respect for the aircraft and the engineering behind it since since moving to the Ft. Worth area a few years ago. I've met a few of the test pilots, am good friends with a few engineers on the program, and have flown in the sim and seen the massive production line. At the least, I would love to see a new version of the 70mm, like what Freewing did with their 70mm F-16. Ditch the the thrust vectoring, and make the airframe much more scale! A few comparison photos are attached for comparisions sake. This airframe really needs the "Alpha treatment"!

That said, I think you are spot on for a Harrier. I don't think a VTOL version could be affordable, but a lightweight version with even partial thrust vectoring (maybe 45 deg) or so, would be pretty sweet! Especially if Freewing molded in the ducting for the puffer ducts, so it could be modded to full VTOL by ambitous individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Completely agree as well. Having owned a few of the RC Lander products, they can't hold a candle to the newer freewing jets. The scale detail, flight characteristics, and fit/finish are multiple generations behind. Would be happy to see Freewing take their shot at an F9F Panther. Cougar, or T-33!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I can understand not liking the look of the airframe, that's all personal preference. I will say, that I've gained infinitley more respect for the aircraft and the engineering behind it since since moving to the Ft. Worth area a few years ago. I've met a few of the test pilots, am good friends with a few engineers on the program, and have flown in the sim and seen the massive production line. At the least, I would love to see a new version of the 70mm, like what Freewing did with their 70mm F-16. Ditch the the thrust vectoring, and make the airframe much more scale! A few comparison photos are attached for comparisions sake. This airframe really needs the "Alpha treatment"!

That said, I think you are spot on for a Harrier. I don't think a VTOL version could be affordable, but a lightweight version with even partial thrust vectoring (maybe 45 deg) or so, would be pretty sweet! Especially if Freewing molded in the ducting for the puffer ducts, so it could be modded to full VTOL by ambitous individuals.
                      If Freewing is going to take the time and money to do a Harrier I doubt they are just going to offer a basic version. I would think it would be a far better investment if they did two versions, a bargain basement version that could swivel the thrust nozzels 45 deg to give it the capability of just doing short take offs and a top of the line version with all the electronics and hardware necessary for full VTOL capability for those that just got to have it at any price. This would make the basic versions more easily upgradeable with parts from the high end version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

If Freewing is going to take the time and money to do a Harrier I doubt they are just going to offer a basic version. I would think it would be a far better investment if they did two versions, a bargain basement version that could swivel the thrust nozzels 45 deg to give it the capability of just doing short take offs and a top of the line version with all the electronics and hardware necessary for full VTOL capability for those that just got to have it at any price. This would make the basic versions more easily upgradeable with parts from the high end version.
                        Evoman, you and I are pals. But the original Harrier has downward vectoring ports on the nose, tail, and each wing tip. These are the ports that maintain balance in a hover. The rotatable primary ports are thrust only, they would never be able to maintain a hover on those alone. They would tilt and fall right over. Honestly I don't know how the experimental are doing it. All I know is they don't fly forward worth a darn.

As for you Delta, I like the way ya think mate.

Woody

Comment

• Personally I think the F-35 looks like the F-22's less attractive sister but that's just me.

Never owned one but if we ever did one I would make it the first F-35 in my hangar. And for damn sure if it was VTOL! Although I agree, I believe VTOL is beyond our current production scope due to the high price point that would undoubtedly follow. Still, one can dream. I would LOVE if we were the first to mass produce a scale foam Harrier or F-35 VTOL!

But it's funny to read all these comments about what people love, like, don't like or hate. It's so subjective! There are jets and planes some would LOVE to see produced and I think "Ugh. No thanks." Just like I have favorite aircraft that some would say "Ugh. No thanks."

It's why the ubiquitous ones (P-51, Corsair, Cub, P-38, etc, etc, etc) are, well, ubiquitous in the hobby! They sell because the majority love them and will continue to buy them. It's when you get into the lesser-modeled aircraft where it can be a flip of a coin (production-wise). A small minority may aggressively hope and call for a model that ends up in production but suffers weak sales because that small minority were the vast majority of the only ones to buy the model. It's a tricky business at times, no doubt.
                          Aros.MotionRC
                          Motion RC Website/Advertising
                          Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Hey Aros, How about that C-130?? Are you impressed by the sales numbers of the HK one just yet? Flightline could have done a much, much better one. You and I both know this mate.

Have a nice night.
                            Woody

Comment

• Excellent post on the realities of production and sales Aros. That's why I believe a poll of actual buyers in the sales records of the company would be an indication of what would sell if produced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                Excellent post on the realities of production and sales Aros. That's why I believe a poll of actual buyers in the sales records of the company would be an indication of what would sell if produced.
                                Ya know there all all sorts of hazards of being in business of any kind. Aros my friend, it would have been really cool to see some one just fess up and say, Yup, we should have made that one. Should have made that one for sure. Big mistake on our part, (regarding the C-130). Alpha said it was shelved because of Avios making one. Like Avios cut you guys any slack on your Spit. I had a good friend late friend tell me once, "Business is War". If you had of followed thru with your C-130 you would be boxing HK's ears right now. They have serious QC issues with their Spit & C-130's. Issues you would not see as much of with a Flightline I think? For what it's worth when and if I need a new Spit, or Corsair it will be a Flightline for sure.

Now just so ya know my opinion. A Harrier would be a hit model. Flightline would be the only one with one. This doesn't require a bunch of marketing hyper boil. In my opinion this is just a fact.

Additionally a Boeing 737, it's not a, "Unicorn". It is the most prolific airliner in aviation history. There may be more 737's flying in the world today than any other aircraft in the world. This simple fact means, "IT'S NOT A UNICORN". it's a popular airplane period. The Lockheed Super Constellation is a historic aviation icon. Much the same as the Boeing B-377 Stratocruiser. These aircraft as well as many many others are historic hallmarks of aviation progress.

Image result for Boeing propeller airlines[IMG]https://media.bizj.us/view/img/2828931/boeing-737-max-engines*750xx632-356-0-27.png[/IMG]
                                Boeing B-377 Stratocruiser

When I mentioned that a C-130 needed to be produced, I'll say once again I was pretty much laughed off this forum. What would anyone do with that? It would be just another cult plane that no one would buy. Welp we all know that was wrong! The arrogance of many hobbyist's to think one can not derive a special pleasure from flying around a dream come true model really makes me laugh. Who's really out of touch here? I know I am obviously. Bring on an F-35, good luck with that one.

Dynam, we could really use some help here.

Comment

• Sea harrier should be nice but more easier to do an A7 Corsaire II. Or always a Rafale for me. Each one in 90mm edf.

Comment

Ya know there all all sorts of hazards of being in business of any kind. Aros my friend, it would have been really cool to see some one just fess up and say, Yup, we should have made that one. Should have made that one for sure. Big mistake on our part, (regarding the C-130). Alpha said it was shelved because of Avios making one. Like Avios cut you guys any slack on your Spit. I had a good friend late friend tell me once, "Business is War". If you had of followed thru with your C-130 you would be boxing HK's ears right now. They have serious QC issues with their Spit & C-130's. Issues you would not see as much of with a Flightline I think? For what it's worth when and if I need a new Spit, or Corsair it will be a Flightline for sure.

Now just so ya know my opinion. A Harrier would be a hit model. Flightline would be the only one with one. This doesn't require a bunch of marketing hyper boil. In my opinion this is just a fact.

Additionally a Boeing 737, it's not a, "Unicorn". It is the most prolific airliner in aviation history. There may be more 737's flying in the world today than any other aircraft in the world. This simple fact means, "IT'S NOT A UNICORN". it's a popular airplane period. The Lockheed Super Constellation is a historic aviation icon. Much the same as the Boeing B-377 Stratocruiser. These aircraft as well as many many others are historic hallmarks of aviation progress.

When I mentioned that a C-130 needed to be produced, I'll say once again I was pretty much laughed off this forum. What would anyone do with that? It would be just another cult plane that no one would buy. Welp we all know that was wrong! The arrogance of many hobbyist's to think one can not derive a special pleasure from flying around a dream come true model really makes me laugh. Who's really out of touch here? I know I am obviously. Bring on an F-35, good luck with that one.

Dynam, we could really use some help here.
                                    I agree that the 737 is a well known jet that would be a great addition to Freewings lineup as its first airliner. There have been many on these forums requesting an airliner of some sort for a some time. Plus a 737 could be tweaked into the FireLiner variant.
                                    I would also suggest the Boeing 767 because the new KC-46 Pegasus tanker is based of it.
                                    Not sure why would anyone laugh you off for suggesting a C-130. Even in the flight sim world it is the most requested airplane that is not a warbird or a fighter jet because of its versatility and various variants models, like there is the KC-130 tanker and the AC-130 Gunship.
                                    If Flightline were to offer their C-130 in just the AC-130 to make their model different it would sell like hotcakes!
                                    The Lockheed Super Constellation is another airplane that is iconic and and would be a popular model because it could be done up as an airliner, Air force One, Air force EC-121 radar surveillance and others.

Click image for larger version  Name:	03143fbd7d08d6d043be51e947a19a50a6794ed7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	173419
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• We have been gauging interest in airliners for quite a while. Years, actually. While I cannot speak on specifics, I feel there must be a good reason why the airliner class is not prevalent in the industry. I honestly do not know why that is. I would LOVE for us to come out with an airliner class. 737, 787, 747, etc. I would think it would be a very popular class to add to our line of models. The multi-engines could get spendy quick but if you keep them in the 70/80mm class I can't imagine it would be out of line from our current price points. I know it's something we have wanted to do for a long time. Manufacturer limitations are a big part of the equation but where there is a void that needs to be filled, well, I think it needs to be done.
                                      Aros.MotionRC
                                      Motion RC Website/Advertising
                                      Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        We have been gauging interest in airliners for quite a while. Years, actually. While I cannot speak on specifics, I feel there must be a good reason why the airliner class is not prevalent in the industry. I honestly do not know why that is. I would LOVE for us to come out with an airliner class. 737, 787, 747, etc. I would think it would be a very popular class to add to our line of models. The multi-engines could get spendy quick but if you keep them in the 70/80mm class I can't imagine it would be out of line from our current price points. I know it's something we have wanted to do for a long time. Manufacturer limitations are a big part of the equation but where there is a void that needs to be filled, well, I think it needs to be done.
                                        Prop-liners in the discussion, (not another DC-3)?

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Prop-liners in the discussion, (not another DC-3)?
                                          Agreed!

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X