First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
      Looks like the next plane to get a high performance version is the F5!

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...jet-pnp#qa-tab
      Considering the cost of the fan and motor.... a slight increase in price is totally worth it! Wow!! Way to go motion rc!
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Anyone else notice it's out of stock, and has been since JamesonC first posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          Anyone else notice it's out of stock, and has been since JamesonC first posted?
          I think what happened is they added it to the website before it actually got in stock.

Comment

• Ah, tracking...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
              Ah, tracking...
              Ironically enough, it just became available!

Comment

• Hello I'm Robert from Germany!

Just installing some LED-Afterburners on my F-5 with the Freewing Inrunner upgrade. Anyone have flown this upgrade already? Experience with it?

Comment

• Jets and Wings, I do not have experience with your particular LED Afterburner, though the 2 differing units I have installed mount forward of the fan and replace the OEM cone. Hope this helps. By the way, "Welcome to Hobby Squawk". Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
                    Hello I'm Robert from Germany!

Just installing some LED-Afterburners on my F-5 with the Freewing Inrunner upgrade. Anyone have flown this upgrade already? Experience with it?
                    Oh wow interesting set up! No idea how that works though...
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
                      Hello I'm Robert from Germany!

Just flew it the other day. I have no reference to how she used to fly, but tons of power in the new inrunner setup for sure. Lots of fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Just flew it the other day. I have no reference to how she used to fly, but tons of power in the new inrunner setup for sure. Lots of fun!

Ready for the maiden, but the weather is bad at the moment over here..... And by the way, great video and flight....

Comment

• I have brought this up before, now that they did the upgrade WHY don't they do a paint scheme upgrade !!
                          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                            I have brought this up before, now that they did the upgrade WHY don't they do a paint scheme upgrade !!
                            Maybe because there is SO MANY color schemes to chose from that FW would probably miss the mark on yours and many others favs ??.
                            This bird is used by many different nationalities in many different camo and plain variations so the options are plentiful to break the paint brush/gun out and learn another aspect of modeling.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• F-5 Tiger II "VFC-13" Aggressor

I finished my work on my Freewing F-5 Tiger II. My power set-up is the 80mm 9-Blade EDF with the 3530-1900 kv Outrunner (same like the A-10 or Mirage 2000) with the regular 100 A ESC. With this fan the F-5 Tiger II has fantastic
                              flight characteristics because of less weight and lots of power. It is almost as fast as the MIRAGE 2000.
                              I´ve painted my F-5 in glossy black with REVELL aqua color. The decals are from Callie Graphics. Thank you Callie!!!
                              A droptank, landing light and an LED afterburner set from RC Castle complete my EDF jet.
                              Here are a few pics from my customize process.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have brought this up before, now that they did the upgrade WHY don't they do a paint scheme upgrade !!
                                They already do better than most companies, and offer 2 schemes in most of their products. Plus, if they are going to do some paint scheme updates, there are a few that need to come before the F5!!

Comment

• Its seems like every time you do an power upgrade on other older models you offer a new scheme with it. I have two F-5s, the camo and the Swiss. The camo is the original when it first came out for preorder 4 or 5 years ago or maybe longer.and I really love flying the F-5s and trust me, I have twisted Alphas ear off on the F-5 in pm's over the years. As for a repaint myself, its in line for one but the line is long. Right now I'm finishing a repaint on the FMS PC-21, upgraded to 5s and a marines paint scheme.
                                  My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Tried to upload Marines P-21 paint scheme would not load.. So I put a F-5 in its place.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

They already do better than most companies, and offer 2 schemes in most of their products. Plus, if they are going to do some paint scheme updates, there are a few that need to come before the F5!!
                                      Trust me, the F-5 has been out there for awhile! It was one of there first jets that they came out with in a series of releases back in the day. Iam still flying original preorder when it was first released. I clocked it on radar at 134 mph down wind pass flown by AC Glen or Jason Shulman don't remember exactly who was flying it at the time. I was the brave one running the radar, we clocked my 90mm F-104 at 140 mph on the same day.

Comment

Trust me, the F-5 has been out there for awhile! It was one of there first jets that they came out with in a series of releases back in the day. Iam still flying original preorder when it was first released. I clocked it on radar at 134 mph down wind pass flown by AC Glen or Jason Shulman don't remember exactly who was flying it at the time. I was the brave one running the radar, we clocked my 90mm F-104 at 140 mph on the same day.
                                        I know it has been out a while. My point is that the F5 has two good looking, scale schemes to choose from. Meanwhile, the 90mm Stinger and 70mm Rebel need some love in the scheme dept!

Comment

The VFC-111 boys changed their scheme up a little bit. I may do that or get it to look more like the local boys of vfc-13 like my 70mm F-16 will be getting....

Also I got an inrunner version sitting at home waiting for me. Got it for a friend and will be updating on performance with the new inrunner compared to the FMS 2000kv set up... then I will be upgrading to the 2100kv FMS set up after I install the new elevator servos!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X