X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Dynam ME262

From my experience the Freewing ME262 is a great plane. It is very scale and flies heavy but easy. However the Dynam version of the 262 has more wing surface area and is much lighter in weight. One of my friends gave me his Dynam ME262 and I already know how under powered the motors were and how awful they sound. The screeching and buzzing sound of the motors is enough to make you regret the Dynam purchase. So I decided to make this Jet worthy of praise. I upgraded the motors to FMS 1850KV 2860 motors with Hobbywing 80A twin ESC. I also noticed the original ESC position is under the battery shelf which gets a small amount of air current from the Nose Landing Gear area. Once the ESCs are pushed into the designated slots, there is no room for air to circulate and cool the ESCs. Because of this, I decided to mount the new ESC in the fuselage. The modifications include holes on the outside of the fuselage that are covered with the black air scoops. The Scoops are made of half of plastic spoons. they take cool air from outside and direct it inside the fuselage to cool the electronics. Watch one of the three videos and notice all these upgrades. There is an exit vent on the bottom near the tail section to allow the air to vent out. I will post videos of the maiden flight and landing. I will also include the video of the custom paint job and bullet holes. I swapped out the LED lights at the wing tips with Xenon Strobe lights from Banggood.com. Basically the Xenon Strobe lights are camera Flash lights converted for Hobby use. They are very effective during daylight. They were installed after the maiden flight, therefore you wont see them in the flight videos, however you will see them in the third video in my garage.
    I hope this will inspire some of you to upgrade and enjoy this Jet to its fullest potential.
    FYI,
    I used an admiral 6S 5000mah battery and got 3 minutes of flight time with 25% battery charge left

The landing Video of the Dynam ME262. What a great jet it turned out to be. I love flying it each and every time.

Comment

Nicely done, Dr. Joe! Sounds really nice too. :Cool:

Comment

This is a video of the great paint job with bullet holes and air vents on the side of the fuselage made of 1/2 plastic spoon scoops. Notice the Xenon Strobe lights at the wing tips.

Comment

Beautiful! The bullet holes are a nice touch. :)

Comment

I did the same thing to my 262, I got the edf system from the freewing and put it in after I burned out one motor and esc when I put a 5 cell in. The esc's are now inboard of the nacelles under the wing like on the freewing and then made room for the battery, have not flown it yet do to work. R

Nice work.
            AMA 424553

Comment

Nice work "RRHandy" I'm curious to see your flight time with the Freewing motors. I tried the freewing 70mm EDF motors on my LXF4 Phantom and couldn't get more than 2 minutes of flight time. Perhaps the Phantom is heavier and the has different aerodynamics than the ME262. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Comment

Im almost finished upgrading mine-its still 4s but it has FMS 70mm V2 12 blade EDF units in. I mounted 2 hobbywing 80a esc's under the wings to sort the cooling issues there. The landing gear is all aftermarket oleos with alloy wheels, and i put all metal gear servos in it. Ive done static runs and it pulls 124A and 1807W on 4s, and the thrust is phenomenal! Was hoping to maiden it this weekend and get it on bruces (xjet) video this week but i still have a couple of minor things to do before shes ready-im fully expecting a rocket ship too! Im thinking if i just cruise around ill get 3 or 4 mins max flight time, but even a 20 second static run at WOT gets the battery cables hot (brand new 70c G plus CNHL too!!). This may end up 6s yet im thinking🤔
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm a big fan of XJet. I hope Bruce puts your jet in one of his videos. Very cool. My advice would be to just go with a 6S set up with 5000mah battery. Check out my video on top of this page. The HobbyWing 80A ESCs are mounted inside the fuselage and are cooled by the scoops made out of black plastic spoons. They didn't get hot at all. I speak in past tense because my cheap Dynam elevator servo got stuck in mid flight and forced an unexpected lawn dart landing.

Comment

Originally posted by ddsjoseph View Post
                    I'm a big fan of XJet. I hope Bruce puts your jet in one of his videos. Very cool. My advice would be to just go with a 6S set up with 5000mah battery. Check out my video on top of this page. The HobbyWing 80A ESCs are mounted inside the fuselage and are cooled by the scoops made out of black plastic spoons. They didn't get hot at all. I speak in past tense because my cheap Dynam elevator servo got stuck in mid flight and forced an unexpected lawn dart landing.
                    Yes I saw your set up-I actually consider doing the same but decided in the end I liked the Freewing idea better having them exposed on the underside of the wings. I don't have a single dynam servo or retract in my 262, I swapped the elevator and tail servos for FMS metal gear ones, And the ailerons have metal gear towerpro 9g ones driving them-last thing I wanted was one of those failing. The retract units I got from HK along with all the landing gear quite some time ago-I think I mentioned all this in the original post?? I decided I will try it on 4s initially because I believe it will be more than fast enough-it's not a slow aircraft in standard form so having the EDF Units that I have fitted means that this is now far more efficient (inrunner motors too), So hopefully I can get 3 to 5 minute flight times depending on how I fly. I may upgrade to 6S later on, It's an easy conversion as I have already allowed for it with the speed controllers, I would just need to swap the motors and make the battery fit! Sorry to hear about your one turning into a lawn dart! I'm sure Bruce will featurette on one of his videos when I take it down-I have about 12 planes to maiden this season (As of right now), So every time I go down I try to take at least one or two of my new ones.Just keep an eye on the channel is all I can say!

Comment

HI I AM A KOREAN VET RETIRES.I NEED TO GET A MANUAL ON THE DYNAM 262 OR EA. I HAVE THE KIT BUT NO MAMUAL. CAN SOMEONE MAKE ME A COPY.
                      CHUCK MARIETTA .-----CMARIETTA60@GMAIL.COM

Comment

Here you go.
                        Product Manuals: Dynam ME-262 Instruction Manual   If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
                        AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                          i did not get a replay
                          charles marietta

Comment

i did not get a answer from you guys
                            charles marietta

Comment

Use the link I posted and you have your manual. Nothing more needed.
                              AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                              X