Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Was it an all if a sudden violent dive?
    Yes. I was holding all my inputs steady and the nose just dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by samiam1204 View Post

Yes. I was holding all my inputs steady and the nose just dropped.
      Ryan Ramsey had that happen several times on one of his phantoms. Seemed like it was mainly after flaps were deployed. He tried different receivers and even the Tx. I am not sure if he ever figured it out or not.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1083
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	189249 Maiden of my dash two Phantom today. Just amazes me how well these jets fly. Zero difficulties, just a few clicks of nose up trim required. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1083
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	189249 Maiden of my dash two Phantom today. Just amazes me how well these jets fly. Zero difficulties, just a few clicks of nose up trim required. :)
          Very awesome!!! Congrats on a happy check flight!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Thanks Jerry! Hoping to hear similar good news from our brother in Wichita sometime soon. Maybe?:Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
              Thanks, Jerry! Hoping to hear similar good news from our brother in Wichita sometime soon. Maybe?: Thinking:
              LOL EA-6BG, I was thinking the same thing. I am hung up on how to compensate for the extra 12oz I've added in decals with some weathering yet to do. LOL Soon, Brother, soon. Congrats on your 1st check flight. Bravo Zulu. Best LB

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG
Views:	998
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	189357Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0155.JPG
Views:	1020
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	189358 ​​​​​​​
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I am hung up on how to compensate for the extra 12oz I've added in decals with some weathering yet to do.

You know what to do; just add a couple extra knots for mom,dad, and the kids when you make that turn to final. Seriously, you're going to really enjoy flying that jet.
                Cheers!:)

Comment

• Tried to search this thread, but what kind of mph do you guys get on your 8s set ups? I know C ratings vary but just curious.
                  Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post
                    Tried to search this thread, but what kind of mph do you guys get on your 8s set ups? I know C ratings vary but just curious.
                    With a pair of 60C's I was clocked at 111mph straight line using a cops radar gun and 118mph with an on-board GPS. That's at close to 4800ft so if your at or closer to sea level you should see higher numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post
                      Tried to search this thread, but what kind of mph do you guys get on your 8s set ups? I know C ratings vary but just curious.
                      I have seen 118 om my onboard spektrum gps

with JF on 8s

Not sure on accuracy but it was shaking its tail feathers:)

Comment

• Taken at a recent Fly-in at the Dalton, GA airport where the Jolly Good Fly-in will be held in August.

Name:	FB_IMG_1555298412677.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	190145

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Taken at a recent Fly-in at the Dalton, GA airport where the Jolly Good Fly-in will be held in August.

Name:	FB_IMG_1555298412677.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	190145
                          That is an awesome shot. Beautiful!

Comment

• That one came out beautiful Steve. You’re still setting the bar here:)

Comment

• Has anyone seen this before? Cool picture!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post
                                Has anyone seen this before? Cool picture!
                                Just awesome!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!! Thanks for sharing that pic!!! Very cool!!!!!!! :)

Comment

• Marine F4 Phantom II in Viet Nam.pdf
                                  ​​​​​​​
                                  Hey Y'all, ran across this Osprey Publication on Marine Viet Nam era F-4s. Great color plates starting on page 36. Great information as well. Enjoy. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB...….Thanks for sharing.....great information and pictures - Regards TG

Comment

• Starting to consider setting up the controls.

I think I'm going to pull all of the flight controls off the multi-function board so I can use advanced features of my radio, leaving the board to do lights and retract sequencing
                                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Starting to consider??

I already have the programing in my radio for the F/A-18C and two choices of EDF/ESCs to put in it and it's not even released yet. :)

Comment

• Still in research mode for this plane, anyone done 10-12s?
                                          Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

Working...
                                          X