X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Hey Y'all, She's on her own feet for the first time. Some soft weathering on the upper fuselage, light touch up, airbrushing the tailhook, and a matte finish coat yet to do. Ordinance is a work in progress. :Whew:Best, LB
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0163.JPG
Views:	2279
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	192907Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.JPG
Views:	2011
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	192908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	2058
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	192909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	2089
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	192910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0168.JPG
Views:	2001
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	192911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	2099
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	192912Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	2036
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	192913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG
Views:	2007
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	192914
    LB, I think your F-4 qualifies for the nicest one so far! It looks Phabulous!

Comment

• Awesome ELBEE!!! Looks Beautiful
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks Guys, this one truly is a labor of love. :Love::f4phantom Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Sure looks nice, Elbee! I especially like the splitter plates and your nozzle airbrushing. Beautiful work!:Cool:
          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
            Sure looks nice, Elbee! I especially like the splitter plates and your nozzle airbrushing. Beautiful work!:Cool:
            Tom
            Thanks Tom, I'd like to post my 3DP STL files for some of the parts I made if y'all would use those. I would like to do that here rather than Thingiverse if that is okay with Aros, Alpha, et al. Hint-hint. The VIR plates seem to be a fav for most, and I am very partial to the forward fuselage Intake cooling ducts. Those two sets of parts just change the whole look, I think. Best, Steve
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

LB, I think your F-4 qualifies for the nicest one so far! It looks Phabulous!
              Wow is all I can say, your F-4 looks awesome, don't know if I could even fly that one or display only. I sold my camo version, don't really know why, didn't fly it a whole lot for some reason, looking at yours makes me want to get a grey one.....;)

Comment

• Great job elbee!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Wow is all I can say, your F-4 looks awesome, don't know if I could even fly that one or display only. I sold my camo version, don't really know why, didn't fly it a whole lot for some reason, looking at yours makes me want to get a grey one.....;)[IMG]https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata/fetch?id=192907&d=1556918604&type=medium[/IMG}
                  DC, DO IT !!! :)

APM1, Thank you, Sir. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• When I get to mine, I am going with the SEA scheme, but doing an entire repaint and mods and upgrades and blah blah blah!!! LOL Really, great job LB!!! Love it bro!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Like I said before LB,... That Jet is simply 'Too Pretty to Fly' !!! I may need to take that one off your hands. WellDone !

Comment

• BBR, I am humbled by all the compliments. I really like how she turned out. I cannot wait to get her airborne, though I'm thinking about adding an A3Pro as well, but don't you have to reset or set it for every flight? The axis CG is way aft and buried a bit, so that could be a problem. BTW, where's all the extra stuff go? LOL Best, LB

Name:	Where's this stuff go.JPG
Views:	818
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	193092
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

BBR, I am humbled by all the compliments. I really like how she turned out. I cannot wait to get her airborne, though I'm thinking about adding an A3Pro as well, but don't you have to reset or set it for every flight? The axis CG is way aft and buried a bit, so that could be a problem. BTW, where's all the extra stuff go? LOL Best, LB

Hey LB, I installed the simple A3-L in my second F-4, and I'm really happy with it. I don't think a gyro is remotely necessary for this model but it sure makes it land nice. I have it turned down very low, and because the plane is such a stable platform to begin with, it's almost like its on rails once you have it pointed at the runway. I don't really notice a difference with gear and flaps up and a high energy state. I may go ahead and put one in the other jet also. Such an easy addition.:Cool:

Comment

• The A-4 really doesn’t need a gyro but there are those that say all planes should have one. You will need a receiver though :)

Comment

BBR, I am humbled by all the compliments. I really like how she turned out. I cannot wait to get her airborne, though I'm thinking about adding an A3Pro as well, but don't you have to reset or set it for every flight? The axis CG is way aft and buried a bit, so that could be a problem. BTW, where's all the extra stuff go? LOL Best, LB

Hey LB,.. That Gyro will be a Great piece of electronics in there. You get a very nice 'Smooth' look out of it in flight. No need to mount it on the cg, nor reset it, just a simple 'initialization' each time, leaving the Jet sitting steady and BAM !!! I've got mine up front in the aft end of the battery bay mounted along the side wall. Selectable gain and modes is also nice.

I'm OffWorld like we discussed, otherwise I'd have offered to drive over with mine and let you fly it around a bit before your maiden. Sorry I'll miss it !! Hopefuly you'll have some good video and a good flight report on 'The Day' !! Cheers LB and GL !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Hey LB,.. That Gyro will be a Great piece of electronics in there. You get a very nice 'Smooth' look out of it in flight. No need to mount it on the cg, nor reset it, just a simple 'initialization' each time, leaving the Jet sitting steady and BAM !!! I've got mine up front in the aft end of the battery bay mounted along the side wall. Selectable gain and modes is also nice.

I'm OffWorld like we discussed, otherwise I'd have offered to drive over with mine and let you fly it around a bit before your maiden. Sorry I'll miss it !! Hopefully, you'll have some good video and a good flight report on 'The Day' !! Cheers LB and GL !
                                Copy. Tango Yuma. Stay frosty.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Copy. Tango Yuma. Stay frosty.
                                  UBetcha !!!

Name:	IMG_3684.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	193177

Comment

Hey Y'all, She's on her own feet for the first time. Some soft weathering on the upper fuselage, light touch up, airbrushing the tailhook, and a matte finish coat yet to do. Ordinance is a work in progress. :Whew:Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0163.JPG
Views:	2279
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	192907Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.JPG
Views:	2011
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	192908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	2058
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	192909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	2089
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	192910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0168.JPG
Views:	2001
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	192911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	2099
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	192912Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	2036
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	192913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG
Views:	2007
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	192914
                                    Steve, WOW, what a gorgeous F4. :Cool:I want a clone of that. How did you get all those photos of a real F4, didn't know there were many left, and you managed to super impose them on your driveway. How bout posting pictures of your actual model!LOL
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Heres some phantoms for anyone looking to do some more unique schemes.

Comment

• Nice, thank you for posting this video, had to be the best one yet. I sold my Phantom to help fund the F-22, had to try one but after a few flights I sold it as well, after seeing the video I must have another F-4, maybe the grey one this time...........:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Steve, WOW, what a gorgeous F4. :Cool:I want a clone of that. How did you get all those photos of a real F4, didn't know there were many left, and you managed to super impose them on your driveway. How bout posting pictures of your actual model!LOL
                                          Hugh, Acme Shrink Ray. Best, Steve

ps: Thank you, Sir.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X