Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful birds! I had the VHS "Threshold - The Blue Angels Experience" Someone liberated it from me. 2 yes ago I paid more than I did the first time to get it on DVD. Its about a season with the Blues when they used the F-4j. I bet I watched that tape once a week growing up. Cmdr Harley Hall was Boss. Leslie Nielson narrated it.

Comment

• QUOTE=apmech1;n194396]Beautiful birds! I had the VHS "Threshold - The Blue Angels Experience" Someone liberated it from me. 2 yes ago I paid more than I did the first time to get it on DVD. Its about a season with the Blues when they used the F-4j. I bet I watched that tape once a week growing up. Cmdr Harley Hall was Boss. Leslie Nielson narrated it. [/QUOTE]

Leslie Nielson?! Surely you can't be serious.LOL

Comment

• Leslie Nielson?! Surely you can't be serious.LOL

Nice Beaver !!

Comment

• Don't call me Shirley! Love it!
          Got to maiden it yesterday after work and just got a 2nd flight in on my afternoon break.... Here are some pictures by Matt Ruddick, AMA Multirotor Editor who came out to check out the flight...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	f4-13.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	194486

Name:	f4-19.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	194487

Name:	f4-10.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	194488

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
            QUOTE=apmech1;n194396]Beautiful birds! I had the VHS "Threshold - The Blue Angels Experience" Someone liberated it from me. 2 yes ago I paid more than I did the first time to get it on DVD. Its about a season with the Blues when they used the F-4j. I bet I watched that tape once a week growing up. Cmdr Harley Hall was Boss. Leslie Nielson narrated it.
            Leslie Nielson?! Surely you can't be serious.LOL[/QUOTE]

One in the same. I am serious, and don't call me shirley!

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post

Leslie Nielson?! Surely you can't be serious.LOL
              One in the same. I am serious, and don't call me shirley!

https://youtu.be/ch_U62fJjV8[/QUOTE]

LOLLOLLOLLOL how bout a vector Victor? Huh? We're hijacking the thread. Better knock it off.

Comment

• Looks great Tony, brings back memories of seeing the real thing at the airshows! I'd forgotten about the yellow missiles, looks so much like the real thing, congrats on the maiden as well!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyF3A View Post
                  Got to maiden it yesterday after work and just got a 2nd flight in on my afternoon break.... Here are some pictures by Matt Ruddick, AMA Multirotor Editor who came out to check out the flight...Click image for larger version  Name:	f4-10.jpg Views:	70 Size:	119.0 KB ID:	194488
                  TonyF3A, Beautiful work and paint on your Angels' F-4. Best, LB

ps: "You've got clearance, Clarence."
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	195151Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	195150 Hi, my Phantom is ready for take off. The Setup is Freewing 12blade Inrunner with YEP 150A Esc but with extern Freewing 8A BEC. Akku is a SLS 7000mAh 25C+.

Best Regards
                    Markus

Comment

• Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
                      Hi, my Phantom is ready for take off. Best Regards, Markus
                      NT, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Your Phantom is Phabulous, Phor Sure.:bluecool Bravo Zulu, I am diggin' the Marines livery. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Howdy NotT. Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Great job! :Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• ..... NozzleMod

Comment

• Originally posted by Nottoday View Post

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	195151Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	195150 Hi, my Phantom is ready for take off. The Setup is Freewing 12blade Inrunner with YEP 150A Esc but with extern Freewing 8A BEC. Akku is a SLS 7000mAh 25C+.

Best Regards
                            Markus
                            Beautiful model!

Comment

• Thank you:f4phantom:)

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyF3A View Post
                                Don't call me Shirley! Love it!
                                Got to maiden it yesterday after work and just got a 2nd flight in on my afternoon break.... Here are some pictures by Matt Ruddick, AMA Multirotor Editor who came out to check out the flight...
                                I love the blue angels man, looks great!
                                http://thercgeek.com
                                http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• I gotta say, I've really been enjoying flying my FW F-4. Such a solid flyer! Here's video of my refinished F-4 from a little bit ago. I'll be putting an 8s JF setup into it here soon.

http://thercgeek.com
                                  http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Upgrading all of my pushrods to 4-40 with Traxas (RC Car steering) ball links on both ends.

No slop and very smooth.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• After reading the precautions about the elevator pushrod being weak and possibly bent with an elevator striking something during ground handling, I beefed up the pushrod with carbon strips. Many months and hours of successful flying followed the maiden flight. I was surprised when I experienced total elevator failure last weekend. The post crash analysis found a failed ball link. Therefore, changing to a more robust type of elevator linkage may prevent a loss of your F-4. See photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_40046_1558404029397_76[/ATTACH] After reading the precautions about the elevator pushrod being weak and possibly bent with an elevator striking something during ground handling, I beefed up the pushrod with carbon strips. Many months and hours of successful flying followed the maiden flight. I was surprised when I experienced total elevator failure last weekend. The post crash analysis found a failed ball link. Therefore, changing to a more robust type of elevator linkage may prevent a loss of your F-4. See photo.
                                        Its true that this subject has been covered here previously - although its certainly not the easiest thing to find in the forum with more that 3600 posts! I posted back in June 2018 after the original plastic keeper on the elevator pushrod simply bent off during normal flight loads, and my Phantom went in due to having no elevator control. (here's the post-accident picture I posted last year)

After that, I installed a beefier pushrod and HD metal ball-linkages. (I kept the original servo, which seems fine, but I also added some glue to the mount.). Several others here have done this mod as well, with various degrees of fortitude. It seems important on this plane.... the elevator has some significant forces working on it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_184819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	195561
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• My Set Up !
                                          Attached Files
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X