X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
    Upgrading all of my pushrods to 4-40 with Traxas (RC Car steering) ball links on both ends.

No slop and very smooth.
    I've yet to put my F-4 together, would be so kind as to point me in the direction of where you purchased these pushrods?

Comment

• Got the ball links ordered, now researching the pushrods...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I've yet to put my F-4 together, would be so kind as to point me in the direction of where you purchased these pushrods?
        4-40 all thread rod.
        Can be used in conjunction with our nylon or steel Kwik-Links or with ball links where extra long pushrods are needed. Bendable and strong. Rods are fully threaded (.072" rods w/2-56 thread) (.093" rods w/4-40 thread). Fully threaded rods are stainless steel, perfect for making custom lengths for your needs. Made in U

(picture is wrong... threads ALL the way down the rod)

I usually sleeve over the rod with aluminum or CF tube epoxied in place if the rod is more than 3 inches between ball links.

Do not get the epoxy on the part of the rod you will be putting the ball link on. If you do, clean that off with paper towel and rubbing alcohol.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

4-40 all thread rod.
          Can be used in conjunction with our nylon or steel Kwik-Links or with ball links where extra long pushrods are needed. Bendable and strong. Rods are fully threaded (.072" rods w/2-56 thread) (.093" rods w/4-40 thread). Fully threaded rods are stainless steel, perfect for making custom lengths for your needs. Made in U

(picture is wrong... threads ALL the way down the rod)

I usually sleeve over the rod with aluminum or CF tube epoxied in place if the rod is more than 3 inches between ball links.

Do not get the epoxy on the part of the rod you will be putting the ball link on. If you do, clean that off with paper towel and rubbing alcohol.
          Ordered a pack of 12, thank you sir!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	195718Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	195719 I've also improved the linkage before and made a new pin of better steel for the nose landing gear.

Comment

• Hi All,

Whilst the 8S RAF respray continues I finally got round to doing the maiden on the 6S nam one. She flies like a dream with a few tweaks to the rates and c of g.

Hopefully in the next few weeks once exams are over I'll get some photos of the RAF repaint

Anyway enjoy the vid

Ben,
              West Sussex, UK

Comment

• Found this F4 near the old Homestead Air Force base in Florida, sitting on US 1. Looks very close to the Freewing F4, including the 3D exhaust nozzles. It was stationed there until Hurricane Andrew devastated the base.

On this Memorial Day, just want to extend my gratitude to all those who are serving and served in the military; without their sacrifice, everything we have would not exist. My father (sadly no longer with us) was in WWII in the Navy and my cousin was a chopper pilot in Nam, and I salute them both, along with the multitude of other service men and women. I was too young for Nam and too old for everything that followed, but I thank God every day for those that have and continue to protect our way of life and the lives of everyone in this great country. These people are our true heroes! :Cool:
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                  Found this F4 near the old Homestead Air Force base in Florida, sitting on US 1. Looks very close to the Freewing F4, including the 3D exhaust nozzles. It was stationed there until Hurricane Andrew devastated the base.

On this Memorial Day, just want to extend my gratitude to all those who are serving and served in the military; without their sacrifice, everything we have would not exist. My father (sadly no longer with us) was in WWII in the Navy and my cousin was a chopper pilot in Nam, and I salute them both, along with the multitude of other service men and women. I was too young for Nam and too old for everything that followed, but I thank God every day for those that have and continue to protect our way of life and the lives of everyone in this great country. These people are our true heroes! :Cool:
                  Geez Hugh, You've touched my heart and I hate you for it. Bastard. LOL You've said it as well as it can be said. You are wiser than I with wisdom I need. Thank you and if we meet, I am the beneficiary. Bravo Zulu, my friend, the friend I have yet to know. Best, Steve
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My Wife took some photos of my F-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                      My Wife took some photos of my F-4.
                      Great photos, love the bomb racks!

Comment

• Yeah! What DeltaDart said!

Comment

• Very nice! :Cool:

Comment

• Thank you. My soloshot battery died so no video...

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Was it an all if a sudden violent dive?
                              Yes. Doesn’t matter if I’m in a turn or a straight heading.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                My Set Up !
                                The linkaga is exactly what I did. But I have a standard hi torque metal gear servo driving it. If the forces can bend the stock ball link, I figure it may need more torque.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Finished the 'weathering' and tried to keep it subtle. I was shooting for an in-service idea but I've never seen an in-service carrier-based aircraft in person so I used pictures as my references. I like it. I used mostly a soft graphite 6 B pencil with mineral spirits applied with a stiff short bristled brush over the polycrylic. I will now shoot the matte acrylic clear. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG
Views:	1718
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	198166Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.JPG
Views:	1619
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	198167Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.JPG
Views:	1664
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	198168
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Loos really good LB! Very nicely done. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      Loos really good LB! Very nicely done. :Cool:
                                      RCJD, I truly appreciate your comment. Means much. Thank you. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Very cool LB. I think the new F-18 will be my first weathering attempt. Great job with the Phantom. Looking forward to that first flight.

Comment

• Love it Elbee!!! Love it!
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X