X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDreier View Post
    When will you be flying that lovely bird?
    Leon, You're cracking me up and great to hear from you. There is really no where here in Salt City except the old NAS strip which is not ideal, so we will take both the Spitfire and the F-4 to ICT to the Flying Field there for check flights. This Spring has been a blur as we've been busy looking and now closing on a place in Clearwater FL for the daughter and for us in the colder months My Little Hanger is empty of most everything so I can add some lighting, paint the ceiling, and move some of the non-essentials and stuff to the Studio, UGH. So to answer your question with no excuses, I don't have an answer. Time will tell, however, and I will certainly post pictures here. Best to you and yours, Steve
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I can't get over all the great F-4's out there!! Great job by you guys!! We should have a F-4 flying of these great models!!! Would be great to have 10+ of these in the air at the same time!!!

Comment

• I meant F-4 Fly-In!

Comment

• Freewing_F-4_Fuselage_Parts_STL_Files.zip

Hey Y'all, Here are some more STL files with photos and Slic3r images that I made for the Freewing F-4B Fuselage. Included are "B" Model Nose Gear Door and Rear Cover, Lower Intakes for the Electronics/AC cooling, Bottom Engine Intake Vents, Center Fuselage Vent, and Horizontal Stabilizer Pivot Trim Parts. Again, any questions/comments PM me. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is something a little different Imperial Iranian Air Force.
            Attached Files

Comment

• My second F-4. CA ANG based in Fresno CA. Did a retro tail like the F-106 jets had at Fresno in the 1970s
              Attached Files

Comment

• MF1, Beautiful Phantoms, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Better watch that Iranian bird.... May be blown out of the sky at any moment!!! ;) They look fantastic!!! Great job! :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Just back from Jet Jam.... Tons of successful flights and beautiful landings. Getting the F4 Ready now! Retro fitting the JP Hobby 6S Fan/ Motor. Stock ESC. Ryan's vid was VEY helpful!
                    Attached Files
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• E4DG, Well done, Sir. Ya got skills, Man. What is the advantage going with that particular EDF refit? :Thinking: Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Its pretty... LOL..
                        Sound and efficiency! We will see on efficiency... Positive reports from Jetwerx and Ryan. Will be using the new Admiral 6000 50C!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                          Just back from Jet Jam.... Tons of successful flights and beautiful landings. Getting the F4 Ready now! Retro fitting the JP Hobby 6S Fan/ Motor. Stock ESC. Ryan's vid was VEY helpful!
                          Nice work E4DG. Maybe nothing, but noticed in your photos one of the servo wires from either the elevator or rudder is on top of the wood plate were your ESC will go. On one of my F4s, I missed the channel for the elevator servo wire and it ended up on top of the ESC (in the inverted position) and the heat from the ESC managed to burn the wires on takeoff, leaving my elevator non-functional. Don't have to tell you what happened after that. BTW, originally from Mt. Prospect, just down the road from you, but now in Miami.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Woah!!! THANKS A TON MAN! probably saved this aircraft! :-) you missed our seven months of winter!

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              Woah!!! THANKS A TON MAN! probably saved this aircraft! :-) you missed our seven months of winter!
                              There is a happy ending to my "agony of defeat" (although not happy for my bank account). Obviously crashed on take-off as it never got off the ground (it was it's 3rd flight so took some time to burn the wire), but immediately ordered a new replacement plane, redid it to the original scheme, then took the parts from the crashed F4 (actually could have rebuilt the crashed one but what the hell now have extra parts, wings, canopy, etc.) and got an ARF and turned it into an Blue Angel F4. So now have 2 of these great birds where normally I would have ended up with only 1. At least that's how I justified it.:Silly: Now I just need to figure out a way to justified a third with a scheme like yours-absolutely love your plane.:Cool:

Not missing much here either, the winter has strong winds and although the summer has lighter winds, most of the time it's raining :Rainning:, or 95 degrees :Sweating: or we're watching for hurricanes.:Scared:
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Navy 8S and AF 6S . The 8S has better vertical but top end speed is similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	navy  af f4.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	201129
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                  Navy 8S and AF 6S . The 8S has better vertical but top end speed is similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	navy  af f4.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	201129
                                  Sex with wings....All day !! Beautiful Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

There is a happy ending to my "agony of defeat" (although not happy for my bank account). Obviously crashed on take-off as it never got off the ground (it was it's 3rd flight so took some time to burn the wire), but immediately ordered a new replacement plane, redid it to the original scheme, then took the parts from the crashed F4 (actually could have rebuilt the crashed one but what the hell now have extra parts, wings, canopy, etc.) and got an ARF and turned it into an Blue Angel F4. So now have 2 of these great birds where normally I would have ended up with only 1. At least that's how I justified it.:Silly: Now I just need to figure out a way to justified a third with a scheme like yours-absolutely love your plane.:Cool:

Not missing much here either, the winter has strong winds and although the summer has lighter winds, most of the time it's raining :Rainning:, or 95 degrees :Sweating: or we're watching for hurricanes.:Scared:
                                    Ha... Same thing with my F-22 , flying at a new field under estimated the approach and bent the front a bit.... reactionaly bought the F-22 Arf. now I have two, As I fixed the original almost better than new.... so ... flying the ARF with the old F-4 8S system and bought the new JP hobby Fan 8S for the original. Going to add the Jeremy flights and a new paint job. !!! :-)

Comment

• Well I was totally stoked to do the maiden on my F-4 at today's Jet event here in Ottawa. Unfortunately for us, we we blessed with beautiful blue skies but horrific cross winds all day. I am hoping to put in a few good deeds with my family tomorrow and sneak away for an evening test flight :-)

I can't wait to see it take to the skies. My printer was putting in lots of hours cranking out weapons. Now the paint factory has to keep up :-)

Comment

• Here are some videos of my maiden and a few shots of my 2nd flight. I am thrilled with how good it looks in the air. I can't wait to put in more flights. The next thing up is flying with tanks then with a half dozen snakeyes. :-)
                                        Maiden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7zpWylM-M
                                        2nd flight landing slo-mo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzzT2a0tpJI
                                        low flight slo-mo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7eNTZIWVE

My gal pal Callie came through again with the graphics!

Comment

• Love the Livery!!! ;-) Great flights well done sir!

Comment

Working...
                                          X