Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Tom.... They may be. However in place of a screen shot of the codes, I usually take a stab or a wing in to get it matched at the store ! :-)
    I hope this helps.
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevonoles View Post
      Is anyone using the Admiral 6000 in their F4? If so, can you post a pic to show where you are setting the battery? Been flying it with the 5000 and it flys perfectly. Just want a little more flight time.
      Hey brother Welcome..... So I lost my 1st F-4 as I Lost orientation on flight 2 . My second is 6s using a JP fan. Have one flight using a 6000 Admiral. Balanced ever so slightly nose down ... and I mean ever so.... at 190 mm.. ON the maiden I needed a ton of up elevator trim. I plan to go to 195mm for the next flights. Will keep you posted. And Welcome Again!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Is anyone using the Admiral 6000 in their F4? If so, can you post a pic to show where you are setting the battery? Been flying it with the 5000 and it flys perfectly. Just want a little more flight time.
        Stevo, Welcome to the "Squawk" and the F-4 Forum. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          Yeppers, LB...ad nausium...The "Make Shop" is working; however, the "Paint Shop" is on vacation. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	1359
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	204636
          Hey Elbee,
          where did you get the Daisy cutters for the 500lb's? I have not seen them before on Thingiverse. Looking great!

Comment

I have been flying all of my flights with 8S Admiral 6000mah packs. I have mine roughly in line with the intakes. I have the CG marked at 180mm and just moved the packs around until it balanced. If you watch RCinformer's video of his 8s flight, you will see.

Cheers

Comment

I didn't think it was dumb mate. Welcome to HS. Try not to let that sour ya.

Best Regards
              Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                Hey Elbee, where did you get the Daisy cutters for the 500lb's? I have not seen them before on Thingiverse. Looking great!
                SD64, There wasn't a mod for the MK82, so I made 'em myself. I 'Z' cut the tip of the MK 82 and saved it as an STL file, printed the remaining portion of the Mk82, then modded the tip STL in CAD for a 'new' printed tip which included the longer Detonator. Easy Breezy, Lemon Squeezie. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi,
                  is there anybody who did the rcgeek F4 E nose conversion and has some pictures how to modify the gear doors?
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by spook View Post
                    Hi,
                    is there anybody who did the rcgeek F4 E nose conversion and has some pictures how to modify the gear doors?
                    Thanks!
                    Hello spook and welcome to HobbySquawk. I did the Tom Mansel F-4E nose mod and think it should be quite similar.

Name:	IMG_20190127_165542.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	206024

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190124_195825.jpg Views:	0 Size:	312.5 KB ID:	206023

Comment

• Thank you for the advice. I do have my CG marked for the 5000. I will try the 6000 and see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hello spook and welcome to HobbySquawk. I did the Tom Mansel F-4E nose mod and think it should be quite similar.

Name:	IMG_20190127_165542.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	206024

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190124_195825.jpg Views:	0 Size:	312.5 KB ID:	206023

Hi, thanks for the pics. Great mod you did! Where can I find the 3D File or buy it? Could you show the hinge you used at the cover thats connected to the nose gear strut?

Comment

• I think this is it !

Comment

• Hi all, quick question converting 6s to 8s, how far back do the batteries sit to give 190 c of g please? Any pics would be appreciated. In return here’s my F4 in 892 sqdn Royal Navy colours with thanks to Callie Graphics

Comment

• Only you can figure that out by putting your batteries in and checking balance. Batteries weigh different amounts and you’ve modified your airplane. It all makes your setup different.

If you look through the last few pages this has been discussed thoroughly.

Originally posted by Luckiestpants View Post
                              Hi all, quick question converting 6s to 8s, how far back do the batteries sit to give 190 c of g please? Any pics would be appreciated. In return here’s my F4 in 892 sqdn Royal Navy colours with thanks to Callie Graphics

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                The G nose (Wild Weasel) is different than the E nose. I only know of two sources for the E nose and that is Tom Mansel and Chris Wolfe. Chris's is more scale. The small door on mine was hinged with a standard Dubro hinge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckiestpants View Post
                                  Hi all, quick question converting 6s to 8s, how far back do the batteries sit to give 190 c of g please? Any pics would be appreciated. In return here’s my F4 in 892 sqdn Royal Navy colours with thanks to Callie Graphics
                                  Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Glad you are on board!!! Very nice job on your F-4!!!! Jerry

Comment

• Hey guys wanted to share a fix for the F4 Nose gear. I sheered the pin on my second F4's 1st flight. X wind and blew me off the runway in to the grass ... Was not rough at all. Fairly gentle landing I wouldn't call it a greaser but hit was nothing excessively hard. I was really surprised that I broke the nose pin.... Well after inspecting the pin I noticed the pin is ( or looks like) pot metal on the inside.

Name:	UGYH1895SLeVOKkSziudDg.jpg
Views:	1000
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	206262

I ordered the following part from Mc master car, Part # 90224A155 10.99 each (WELL WORTH IT)

Name:	cuI1TZofRbOqqeJpqq4Faw.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	206263

With a bit of Dremel work, you can turn this 5mm case hardened steel pin in to this.

Name:	L7AKZi9dTNGUzwr+aXHi7w.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	206264

This should not bend or break!

Name:	Y4Z3GLP7RUivvH5n02ReKw.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	206265

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497.JPG
Views:	949
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	206340
                                      Originally posted by Tom Lasko View Post
                                      New guy question....I was told somewhere in these 185 pages that the a Home Depot Behr flat paint codes are in here for a factory paint match.
                                      I was hoping someone could help me identify where they might be. Thanks
                                      I hope this is what you are looking for.

Comment

• Thank you okcrcpilot, that’s what I was looking for exactly!
                                        The guys behind the counter at my local HD vary greatly in skill level color matching paint, so this should help . Question: did you feel that the samples above where a “spot-on” match to the factory paint ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Lasko View Post
                                          Thank you okcrcpilot, that’s what I was looking for exactly!
                                          The guys behind the counter at my local HD vary greatly in skill level color matching paint, so this should help . Question: did you feel that the samples above where a “spot-on” match to the factory paint ?
                                          Yes, these colors matched my camo F-4 to a "T". Now I bought my F-4 in March of last year and don't know how consistent Freewing is with their colors, so YMMV. Glad I was able to help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X