Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y'all, I finally finished with the ordinance package and paint. Still a little weathering of the pylons, LAUs, and SUU-23 gun-pods, but had to mount 'em up and get the bigger picture. I like it! Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 PS 1.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	206508Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005 PS 1.jpg
Views:	1189
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	206509Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002 PS 1.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	206510Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003 PS 1.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	206511Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004 PS 1.jpg
Views:	1211
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	206512
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Friggin AWESOME Man! WELL DONE!!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Hey Y'all, I finally finished with the ordinance package and paint. Still a little weathering of the pylons, LAUs, and SUU-23 gun-pods, but had to mount 'em up and get the bigger picture. I like it! Best, LB

Love it! Great looking model!

Comment

• Good job Bro!! Just too awesome!

Comment

• LB, Wow! That is just over the top.

Comment

• Wow is right Elbe! I’m sorry just way too pretty to fly it... incredible job , soo realistic... display all the way if I had such a jet model... the real thing never looked so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Lasko View Post
                Wow is right Elbe! I’m sorry just way too pretty to fly it... incredible job , soo realistic... display all the way if I had such a jet model... the real thing never looked so good.
                I thank you Gentlemen, very much; however, she will fly. It's too pretty not to fly! Tamms says if I don't fly it, she will, and we don't want to see that. Love you Guys. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This is absolutely spectacular. The details are outstanding and I love the subtle work and initials you put on the inside of the nose gear door. This is one that I would like to see in person! Can't wait to see a video of the flight.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                    This is absolutely spectacular. The details are outstanding and I love the subtle work and initials you put on the inside of the nose gear door. This is one that I would like to see in person! Can't wait to see a video of the flight.
                    Thanks Hugh, this one is a true labor of love for me even though its a Naval Phantom. Tamms is the resident videographer, so we'll get what we get, nuff said there. Weather permitting could be as soon as Sunday if I can finish with the electronics and setups. We are also preparing to head to Clearwater Beach at EoM to move the Daughter into the snowbird residence, as it were, so could be Mid-August until I get back to it. Time will tell. Best, Steve
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks Hugh, this one is a true labor of love for me even though its a Naval Phantom. Tamms is the resident videographer, so we'll get what we get, nuff said there. Weather permitting could be as soon as Sunday if I can finish with the electronics and setups. We are also preparing to head to Clearwater Beach at EoM to move the Daughter into the snowbird residence, as it were, so could be Mid-August until I get back to it. Time will tell. Best, Steve
                      I hear yah, next week I have to go to Tallahassee to move my daughter (and all her 4 years of accumulated sh..) out of Florida State for her graduation so it may be some time for any decent flying. I've gotten in about a dozen more flights with the F4 in the last few weeks and with each one, I love it more and more. Been spending the last 2 months working on landing the jets and warbirds cause I finally came to the realization that, despite many years of flying, my landing skills sucked. Listened to everything you, xviper, aros and many others gave and the light finally went on and now I've gone from liking to fly, to absolutely loving it (I no longer have a nervous breakdown when it comes to landing-only pee my pants occasionally). Hopefully, I won't continue to need my own cargo ship full of replacement parts from Freewing any more-bad news for them, good news for me.

Being a UM graduate, it was a hard pill to swallow having her go to the Semi-Holes, but at least she got a psych degree and guess who gets to be her first patient-most likely a life time gig and she will probably be able to name a new mental disease after me.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here she is on her first 8s flights, new lipo tray made and moved aft to the foam upright. Using a Jetfan with HET 1738kv motor ........... she shifts needed 35g of weight in the tail compartment to balance at 190mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckiestpants View Post
                          Here she is on her first 8s flights, new lipo tray made and moved aft to the foam upright. Using a Jetfan with HET 1738kv motor ........... she shifts needed 35g of weight in the tail compartment to balance at 190mm.
                          Outstanding livery, you should be very proud of this one. Great photos as well, obviously taken by someone who knows what they're doing, incredibly sharp. And the pilot should also take a bow!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Here she is on her first 8s flights...
                            LP, What Hugh said, WOW. I love the livery, saw that aircraft several times when I was doing my research and thought Mmmm, that would be cool. Glad to see it done well, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Y'all, I finally finished with the ordinance package and paint. Still a little weathering of the pylons, LAUs, and SUU-23 gun-pods, but had to mount 'em up and get the bigger picture. I like it! Best, LB

INCREDIBLE!! Had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't looking at the 1:1! Excellent work LB!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Here she is on her first 8s flights, new lipo tray made and moved aft to the foam upright. Using a Jetfan with HET 1738kv motor ........... she shifts needed 35g of weight in the tail compartment to balance at 190mm.
                                Very NiceWork !!

FYI, Those distinctive Nozzles and Aux Doors on the FSA are very prominent British Phantom details and very easily applied to the FW Jets. 'I'mJustSayin' ... Cheers

Name:	F4carrierlaunch.jpg.cf.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	207537

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                  INCREDIBLE!! Had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't looking at the 1:1! Excellent work LB!
                                  Aros, I thank you, Sir. High praise indeed. I am happy you like my rendition. The model is excellent from the start, the devil is in the details I wanted to add. My history and affection for the Phantom made the task a labor of love and it is a hobby after all. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Tom,
                                    Beware, each batch will have a different shade so if you're looking for an exact match take a piece into Home Depot or Lowes or any place that matches paint. IMHO. Good luck!

Originally posted by Tom Lasko View Post
                                    Thank you okcrcpilot, that’s what I was looking for exactly!
                                    The guys behind the counter at my local HD vary greatly in skill level color matching paint, so this should help . Question: did you feel that the samples above where a “spot-on” match to the factory paint ?

Comment

• Guys not sure if this has come up recently here but it has from customers recently in the EU concerned that the F-4 on 6S might not perform off grass well. I can tell you that it does, and in case it was missed, here's the video to show you. Sorry in advance for the audio in the opening.

Comment

• Thanks for the video Stuart, the tip you gave on detailing the "battle damage" was quite cool! Nice job, I like that idea.
                                        Some of us have found that the original linkage for the elevator connector is fairly weak and the plastic keeper can come right off under flight stress, have you strengthened yours?
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Nice work Stuart, always learn something from your videos

I now fly exclusively off grass, so those of you who want to as well with the F4, have no fears. I did crack the lower inch of one of the gear doors/wheel pants on my camo F4 on a landing that was about 30 degrees high alpha and on a day that our runway was supposed to be mowed but was left for the next day (so the grass was maybe an inch higher than normal). After that, I trimmed about an inch and a half off both sides and did the same on my F4 Blue Angel. Only time thats happened in 50 flights, but decided better safe than sorry, especially with the BA as some lettering goes on those gear doors.

The only other plane I've had a similar issue is on the 1600mm Spitfire. Once got the nose too low on takeoff and it ripped the gear door off the strut. Cut a 15 degree wedge off fore and aft portion of the bottom of the gear door and no troubles since (same with my Stinger 90). All my other planes including the Corsair and my 1700mm P-51 FMS have not had an issue with the grass and the gear doors/wheel pants.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X