X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentlemen, Thank you. LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Bravo Zulu LB ! I have the same basic scheme. Love your weathering. Spent time weathering the exhaust area with black rub on . Nice and sooty like the early B models were before GE modified the J-79 in the J model.
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Bravo Zulu LB ! I have the same basic scheme. Love your weathering. Spent time weathering the exhaust area with black rub on . Nice and sooty like the early B models were before GE modified the J-79 in the J model.
        DH, I know my 'cans' aren't sooty enough, but they are dirty. Thanks for compliment, SIr. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hye guys, any idea if I could change the main gear to a more scale one instead of this trailing link type?

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
            Hye guys, any idea if I could change the main gear to a more scale one instead of this trailing link type?
            It can be done... if you can find the right struts.

I haven't searched and probably won't bother.

There are some advantages to the trailing link, especially in being able to get more travel range for absorbing the impact of a hard landing. That is probably why they went with trailing link.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• It was a day for the Ohio Marine Airwing, at Deer Creek a State Park. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1458
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	198728Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1431
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	198727

Comment

• Ha Ha !! Awesome Semper FI!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Semper Fi! I can't wait to start cleaning up the mess at our flying field that the tornadoes caused. probably at least a month with no place to fly.

Comment

• And on top of the 7 month winter! Ugh
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Got some flight time in my 3 jets (which is all I have), the camo F4, the F4 Blue angel and my redesigned Stinger 90 in between rain showers. The F4 camo flies the best of the 2 F4's, both stock EDF, but the blue angel is slightly heavier because of the paint and urethane and it is noticeable (not bad though) in climbing. Have any of you guys flown the F4 (stock EDF) with the Admiral 6000mah battery instead of the 5000? I'm thinking of trying it on the camo version as an extra minute would sure be nice. Probably won't on the blue angel though.

We've had some torrential downpours over the last couple of days and supposed to continue for the next couple of weeks:Angry:, as it seems there is a big system in the gulf bringing us record heat and massive downpours, so may not get much flying in during that time.:Crying:

In the meantime, I put together a video which combined pictures and flying video's of the 3 jets from yesterday: https://youtu.be/S40Nd-ai754

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• No, not with the Admiral 6k, but I did with Hobby Star 8000 that are a little heavier @ 920g. The weight is not an issue. And mine's a repaint too.

Check HobbyStar 6500mAh 14.8V, 4S 75C LiPo Battery, SKU: 110-20-114 for just $82.99. HobbyStar LiPo packs combine quality components and powerful cell

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          No, not with the Admiral 6k, but I did with Hobby Star 8000 that are a little heavier @ 920g. The weight is not an issue. And mine's a repaint too.

https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batteri...o-battery.html
                          I also grabbed one of the hobbystar 8000mah batteries, flew it in my FW Venom yesterday. It was awesome! The plane still had plenty of vertical, and at 6 minutes of mixed throttle flight, mostly gunning it though, I still had 3.9v per cell. I am grabbing another once there back in stock so I can use them in my FW 80mm A-10.

Comment

• I've used my HS 8000 only once . Went to try it again after a long layoff and one cell won't charge over 4.05. Not sure if I can recover it.

So Sunday, flew with my good buddy Dewey who owns a 6S AF version. My Navy Sundowners runs on 8S. Had a great time.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Welcome back Dave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                Hey Y'all, Finished the 'weathering' and tried to keep it subtle. I was shooting for an in-service idea but I've never seen an in-service carrier-based aircraft in person so I used pictures as my references. I like it. I used mostly a soft graphite 6 B pencil with mineral spirits applied with a stiff short bristled brush over the polycrylic. I will now shoot the matte acrylic clear. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0045.JPG Views:	86 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	198166Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0047.JPG Views:	77 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	198167Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0046.JPG Views:	73 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	198168

Very nice Elbee, is the Air buffles in front ( sorry I don`t know the english name) from a 3D printer.??? it`s very nice and more realistic.

cheers
                                Markus

Comment

• Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
                                  Very nice Elbee, is the Air baffles in front ( sorry I don`t know the English name) from a 3D printer??? it`s very nice and more realistic. cheers, Markus
                                  Hello Markus, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Yes, I built the Variable Intake Ramps (VIR) using 3D software and printer. I designed 40+ parts for the Freewing Phantom. I will post the majority of those in this forum soon. I want to post images of the parts to go with the STL files. :Whew:Do you have access to a 3D Printer? Best LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you, unfortunately have no 3D printer but I would buy you some parts if you do that.

Comment

• Freewing_F-4_VIR_Mods_STL_Files.zip

Hey Y'all, There is the most interest in these items, so here are the 3DP STL files for the Freewing F-4 VIR Mods. Included are the LH&RH Fixed Plates, Upper vents and Lower Vents LH&RH, and the Overlay Simulation of the perforations (mesh) LH&RH. Any questions PM me. I will also post these in the 3D Printing forum. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        [ATTACH]n199562[/ATTACH]

Hey Y'all, There is the most interest in these items, so here are the 3DP STL files for the Freewing F-4 VIR Mods. Included are the LH&RH Fixed Plates, Upper vents and Lower Vents LH&RH, and the Overlay Simulation of the perforations (mesh) LH&RH. Any questions PM me. I will also post these in the 3D Printing forum. Best, LB
                                        Hey LB, many thanks! :Cool:

Regards,
                                        Frank

Comment

• When will you be flying that lovely bird?

Comment

Working...
                                          X