X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A.B. Jones View Post
    If you hear a loud scream and an explosion for New Mexico, I fixed it!.
    AB, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Post pictures when you can. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My Phantom F-4 is ready for the maiden flight. Maybe you saw it already on Facebook. In early September we have a Jet meeting at our flying field.
      Last modification was to add a central afterburner.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_205944.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	210131Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_210015.jpg
Views:	1114
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	210132

Comment

• Gorgeous Wobisch! Man there are a lot of beautiful repaints in here! Well done all!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
          My Phantom F-4 is ready for the maiden flight.
          Woe-B, Absolutely Phenomenal Phantom, Sir. I wish you severe clear and safe landings for your 1st Check Flight.Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

My Phantom F-4 is ready for the maiden flight. Maybe you saw it already on Facebook. In early September we have a Jet meeting at our flying field.

Wow, that is very nice, wish you lived near me, I would like to buy that, another stunning F-4.

Comment

My Phantom F-4 is ready for the maiden flight. Maybe you saw it already on Facebook. In early September we have a Jet meeting at our flying field.

Beautiful! Go Marines!

Comment

• I can get behind that ! :-) AWESOME Livery! And AWESOME JOB!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thank you all for your nice comments. Love it, my beauty.
                  My Phantom looks also nice from underneath. But nobody will see that.

Name:	20190813_212425.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	210186
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ..and a closer view of the details and nomenclature. Took me a while to apply that.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 12.02.58.png Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	210188

Comment

..and a closer view of the details and nomenclature. Took me a while to apply that.
                      Woe-B, Where did you find your amazingly detailed Nomenclature? Did you print those? Looks great, I must know your secret... Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I printed tons of waterslide myself. Not only the nomenclature, but also the rivets. Hell of work.
                        Since I had no idea what kind of nomenclature is printed on the real thing, I created my own. I hope nobody will come so close that he could see what is really going on there. You all would laugh about it. But I live in a german speaking region. Nobody cares about my nomenclature. It's just about the look.

Have fun:

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 16.49.29.png
Views:	958
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	210207

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 16.49.41.png
Views:	1011
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	210208

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 16.49.34.png
Views:	990
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	210209
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Woe-B, It simply looks great and at 75 MPH /10 Feet above the ground it will be Phabulous. Best, LB

ps: Laser Printer or InkJet? What type and manufacturer of decal paper?
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wobisch….Excellent work....the F-4 looks fantastic! Also, thanks for sharing the waterslide decals.- TG

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                              Woe-B, It simply looks great and at 75 MPH /10 Feet above the ground it will be Phabulous. Best, LB

ps: Laser Printer or InkJet? What type and manufacturer of decal paper?
                              LaserPrinter paper is much easier. Does not need to be covered with a spray. I got the decal paper in the local Airbrush shop. I cannot tell you the brand, it is not labelled.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I just received my FW F4 and I am in the process of putting it together. I have a question, I have a Spectrum 8010T rx and am having trouble try to fit the servo plugs into the receiver. It appears the servo plugs are too big even though they look like the standard plugs you might find on most ARF's Are others encountering this problem or is it just a luck of the draw going on? I want to use this proven receiver rather than go with a new unit. The 8010T was used in a Flex Jet and worked perfectly. If it is uncommon I may have to contact
                                MRC to see what can be done.

Carlos G

Comment

• On some of my models I've had to grind the corners of the plug. This makes a tight fit into the receiver.

Comment

Stunning Model!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlos G View Post
                                      Hi Everyone,

I just received my FW F4 and I am in the process of putting it together. I have a question, I have a Spectrum 8010T rx and am having trouble try to fit the servo plugs into the receiver. It appears the servo plugs are too big even though they look like the standard plugs you might find on most ARF's Are others encountering this problem or is it just a luck of the draw going on? I want to use this proven receiver rather than go with a new unit. The 8010T was used in a Flex Jet and worked perfectly. If it is uncommon I may have to contact

MRC to see what can be done.

Carlos G
                                      Welcome to Hobby Squawk! The connector fit into the 8010T and the other Sprektrum receivers is very tight, but they will fit. Using a fingernail emery board or just a sanding block, you can touch up the corners, but I usually just take my time and wiggle them in. I have 9 of those receivers in use... One other thing... if you use the telemetry, you will sometimes get a warning or reading that the receiver voltage is 2.5 v dc. This is not accurate! Even with a CC 20 amp Pro BEC, it will randomly give that reading... Freaked me out since I was flying the first time that happened!
                                      Hope this helps! Jerry

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the info regarding the servo plugs. This is my first FW model and so I had not expected to run into this hiccup. I will modify the connectors as needed. I have been in rc since the middle 70's and for the most part wire connectors have never been a problem. I have had many brands of radios and as long as you made sure that you used Kraft with Kraft, Futaba with Futaba, or Airtronics with Airtronics all was good. Now that standards are becoming somewhat unpredictable, I guess you cant take anything for granted any more. I hope MRC can work with their vendors to try and standardize the connectors .

I did try some HiTech servo extensions and they fit the Spectrum rx so I guess all is not lost :) I have notice though that some connectors are no longer gold plated like they all use to be. So I have to sort through part numbers now to try and find decent connectors.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now.

Carlos G

Comment

• Hey guys, here's a cool before the sunrise flight from last weekend:

Comment

Working...
                                          X