Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
    VeryNice TedB ... Cheers !! ​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4S_VMFA-251_at_MCAS_Cherry_Point_1985.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	216524
    That looks very nice, i wanted to find a good scheme for the Marines...

Comment

• Here's the BDA Camera view after installation. Now, when those SnakeEyes get released from this thing, there will be 'Much Rejoicing' . Enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by the snake View Post

That looks very nice, i wanted to find a good scheme for the Marines...
        WellNow, ... There are Soooooooooo 'Many'. GL with That !!! Hahahahaha

Name:	3c115d5ed8b3e795e0ca964f8fc52fd6.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	216567

Name:	8634505365_b228a2cfc6_b.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	216568

Name:	22753684074_220ed50dd8_b (1).jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	216569

Comment

• ... Another set of Flights with the F-4. Never gets old. Enjoy !!

Comment

• Completed the Drag Coefficient testing today !! The Jet Flew Very well with the Full Compliment of Ord pictured here. Various Configurations were Flown, each requiring the usual minor trim changes as expected. Thankful there is no Major Resultant PDrag Issues to deal with here in the Full-Up Config. Once the 3DP Stuff gets Finalized and the new Drop-able Ord gets installed, the only difference between that and these Foam Stores will be a substantial Weight Delta... Which will pose a greater challenge than actually getting the Stuff to Drop !! I will be needing Fresh Packs for the next phase of this venture I'm thinking. The Admirals are getting noticeably Tired. ExcitingStuff !!!

Name:	IMG_20191019_203149_1.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	216941

Name:	IMG_20191019_101221.jpg
Views:	1078
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	216942

Comment

• Anyway,... Here's how it looks with a FullLoad on the F-4. A bit 'Draggy' but not overly so. Not that much of a weight gain either being all FoamOrd. The Flight Videos will reveal the Characteristics in far greater detail than I can describe, but the flight portions with the Gyro turned 'Off' are somewhat 'Crazy' with maintenance of 'Roll Stability being the biggest challenge. With the Bomb Package moving around on the Pylons, you get some Weird Trim requirements that keep changing during the Flights... It can be managed, but it's just a pretty big workload.

But Hey,.. I get it, not everyone is into Flying 'DirtyJets' like this around for 3mins/20secs !! It's actually the 'Only' way to get my money out of them really, especially with the F-4. I'm very pleased with the 'Stock' performance on the 6S with all this stuff Hangin' off of it !!! I'm going to get an 8S F-4 put together and check those results with some evolved differences in the WingGeometry (LE Flaps) (SpeedBrakes) (Spoilers) ...etc. Maybe run a few OrdPackages under it eventually. This Airframe however will not support that as it's just about Run-Out !! But, it's been a 'SweetRide' for me. Hopefully others can derive some usefulness out of this project for their own Jets... and Dirty them up a 'LittleBit'.... 'FoamiesRule'.

Name:	IMG_20191020_104137.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	216971

Name:	IMG_20191020_095206.jpg
Views:	1062
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	216972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191020_094849.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	216973

Name:	IMG_20191020_094806.jpg
Views:	1088
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	216974

Comment

• Finally got my RC Geek afterburners installed in both my F-4's. These things are outstanding. With the aluminum foil tape in the exhaust tubes, even in bright daylight it shows up great.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                  Finally got my RC Geek afterburners installed in both my F-4's. These things are outstanding.
                  Hugh, You are 'faster' now, Laddie! Looks awesome. Best, Steve

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The CollingsFoundation F-4 was running a mismatched pair of J79s in their Phantom for a while. They felt the need to explain this to the 'Crowds'.

Name:	_20191020_153307.JPG
Views:	1083
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	217003Click image for larger version

Name:	_20191020_153333.JPG
Views:	920
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	217004

Comment

•  

Comment

• Looks like Movie night at the Squawk! Need to have some pop corn next time.

Next movie I would like to see some ordnance drop, slow motion of people scattering about and maybe some dramatic narration ha ha!

Smooth landings Bobaroo... looks like you you've been practicing ha ha ha...
                        OK! OK! JUST JOKING, JUST JOKING! ,,, Don't get me banned now ha ha ha ha

Comment

• Successful maiden.. Nice flying airplane off the grass runway. Noticed a couple of things. Needs a nose up mix with gear down. Also, need full flaps for landing. Just wondering what flap setting folks are using for takeoff? Motionrc does it again! -Ken

Name:	IMG_0045.jpeg
Views:	787
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	219410

Comment

• Biff767 , Lookin' Good, Sir. Congrats. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My Marines F-4 in full ordinance! Looking forward to the first sortie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff767 View Post
                                Successful maiden.. Nice flying airplane off the grass runway. Noticed a couple of things. Needs a nose up mix with gear down. Also, need full flaps for landing. Just wondering what flap setting folks are using for takeoff? Motionrc does it again! -Ken

Name:	IMG_0045.jpeg
Views:	787
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	219410
                                Welcome to HobbySquawk Biff! Congrats on the successful maiden. I still use the book setting for flaps on my F-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                                  My Marines F-4 in full ordinance! Looking forward to the first sortie.
                                  GH, Oorah! Love the detail, great work, Sir. I'll 'toss a nickle on the grass' for you. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you LB 😊😊

Comment

• Elbee, is this you Bro???

Comment

• Or was it this one???

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          Elbee, is this you Bro???
                                          Hardway, For the record. both photos were taken 12hrs after my "Bachelor Party" and since no longer classified, those unrestricted photos are "Close Quarter Aerial Troop Support Maneuvers". One is "Opposite Gender Urban Recon" and the other is "Varmint Dispersion Prior to Advanced Troop Movement". These are SOP and practiced at the "Discretion of the Crew Chief". Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X