X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I think it was parts that he wanted. He has the plane.
    Yeah, just making sure no one else tries to order the whole thing...I would email them before ordering anything.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Also try AliExpress for some parts.

Comment

Thanks guys for your feedback. Would be cool if anybody from MotionRC could comment as well.
        I suppose it does not matter whether I am looking for the plane or for parts - this goes hand in hand. Aliexpress offers a nose cone for 10 USD (what a rip off) but no fuselage.
        Hobbyking does not offer anything and RC Castle is offering a lot of spare parts but the fuselage/nose cone. This is really really frustrating. Sooner or later I will have to get a new fuselage - all other parts are in good shape --> only because I cannot get that sparepart for 90 USD, I have to throw away the rest of the plane worth almost 400 USD??
        Strange.

Comment

I snagged one from RC Castle. Just have to keep checking google searches. There’s still some out there!

Comment

Not sure if anyone still flys this plane. I love mine and just painted it. Was looking rough from years of flying it so I gave it a face lift. 😀

Comment

That's my kind of face-lift! What color is the bottom? Tiger orange?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Learj View Post
                Not sure if anyone still flys this plane. I love mine and just painted it. Was looking rough from years of flying it so I gave it a face lift. 😀
                Still flying mine, 3 yrs old and it's all stock and flying great, it's kinda special now, can't be replaced.:(

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I made those graphics from a picture of the actual plane and sent them to Callie, I'm hoping Alpha will get us a Rafale to do up like this :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_232944339_iOS.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	199791

Name:	20190120_201740967_iOS.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	199792
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    That's my kind of face-lift! What color is the bottom? Tiger orange?
                    I left it stock. Just for weight. It looks fantastic in the air and a very good flyer. 😀 I wish they would make a EPO. Darn the luck! It was a great plane

Comment

Learj
                      wow, this looks fantastic. May I ask (as I have never done a paintjob to an EDF flyer before) how you colored it? Did you use a primer first, then a color and then a final transparent color? Can you recommend colors? Did you make use of an airbrush pistol?
                      BR and thanks for any answer,
                      Harald

Comment

Originally posted by Harald Horn View Post
                        Learj
                        wow, this looks fantastic. May I ask (as I have never done a paintjob to an EDF flyer before) how you colored it? Did you use a primer first, then a color and then a final transparent color? Can you recommend colors? Did you make use of an airbrush pistol?
                        BR and thanks for any answer,
                        Harald
                        Yes I primed it with rust oleum primer. Then painted with acrylic paint thinned for airbrush gun. You can pick up an airbrush set up on Amazon cheap. You can also buy any color you like on Amazon as well. Just do a search for airbrush paint.

Comment

Yes I primed it with rust oleum primer. Then painted with acrylic paint thinned for airbrush gun. You can pick up an airbrush set up on Amazon cheap. You can also buy any color you like on Amazon as well. Just do a search for airbrush paint.
                          Thanks a lot

Comment

I have 2 Eurofighters - one I have already upgraded with the Freewing 90mm inrunner unit which has good performance although it is heavy (and expensive).

I wish to upgrade the other but would prefer a lighter unit and was thinking of the FW 9 blade 1750kV unit that is in the PNP F-22. It will be 6S, like the original.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by jkallend View Post
                              I have 2 Eurofighters - one I have already upgraded with the Freewing 90mm inrunner unit which has good performance although it is heavy (and expensive).

I wish to upgrade the other but would prefer a lighter unit and was thinking of the FW 9 blade 1750kV unit that is in the PNP F-22. It will be 6S, like the original.

What do you think?
                              The 90mm inrunner (12-blade) has about 3900g of static thrust (pulls 120A). The one out of the F-22 (9-blade) has about 3700g of static thrust (pulls 106A) and weighs 130g less. The sounds will be similar but not quite the same. The decision is yours. I sold my Eurofighter last year so I don't have one anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                The 90mm inrunner (12-blade) has about 3900g of static thrust (pulls 120A). The one out of the F-22 (9-blade) has about 3700g of static thrust (pulls 106A) and weighs 130g less. The sounds will be similar but not quite the same. The decision is yours. I sold my Eurofighter last year so I don't have one anymore.
                                Thanks.

There is a large cost difference between the 12B inrunner and the 9B outrunner!

I have the 80mm 9B units in my Mirage and Avanti, and they both sound just fine.

Comment

What do you think?
                                  My buddy installed a stock 6S 9 blade unit out of an F-4 in his Euro and said it works great, mine has the 1550kv unit in it, I just swapped it out from the 1450kv, I had a spare 1550 laying around so I thought I would try it, mine came stock with the 1450kv, I had my Euro out over the weekend, got a few flights on it. Had a right retract problem last time I had it out, thought I fixed it but noticed the right strut was loose again, so back to the shop and this time I found it, a set screw was loose up inside the retract itself, there are two that hold the shaft in place, one had came loose and was letting the shaft turn which I thought was the strut that was loose, fixed and nice and solid now.

Name:	IMG_20190630_064511[1].jpg
Views:	601
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	213092

Comment

jkallend. I installed the EDF unit from the 90mm F-4 which I believe is the same as the 90mm F-22, in the 90mm EF2000. To me the EF2000 seems to fly much better than with the stock unit it came with. For sure gained top end speed but lost a bit of low end thrust. I thing you will like it, I know I do.

Comment

What do you think?
                                      Jkallend,

Are you looking to sell one? I'd pay 500 or so for one in decent shape.

Comment

Can someone please confirm what retract is needed for the front gear. I have the V1 plane. Would this work: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...m-shaft-type-b

thanks
                                        Kwaz

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaziithepirate View Post
                                          Can someone please confirm what retract is needed for the front gear. I have the V1 plane. Would this work: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...m-shaft-type-b

thanks
                                          Kwaz
                                          I don’t think there’s a difference between this part from V1 to V2. That link you put up is likely not the correct one although you will be able to make it work by grinding out a notch in the right place and making the pin a little shorter. Here is the correct one for the Eurofighter:
                                          https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...fighter&page=2
                                          Notice where the notch is and the length?

Comment

Working...
                                          X