Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMS F-18F Super Hornet 70mm EDF Jet

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This question is more directed at people who own both the FMS F-18, and the E-Flite F16. Both are similar prices, but I was wondering which was better quality/value, and a much more enjoyable experience to fly. Which one for you recommend for someone wanting a 70mm EDF?

Comment

They are close to the exact same plane so quality and value should be the same. Clearly different airframe but same power systems and EDF and made by the same factory.

Comment

I don't know tom as my f18 has rough edges and nose cone doesent fit as snug as id like...if eflite doesent do a better job of qc on the f16 id find that strange...the eflite f4 is so smooth and well done in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Junior_Hairston View Post
          This question is more directed at people who own both the FMS F-18, and the E-Flite F16. Both are similar prices, but I was wondering which was better quality/value, and a much more enjoyable experience to fly. Which one for you recommend for someone wanting a 70mm EDF?
          I have both planes so can speak from experience. The F-18 will probably do better on grass too and is built better than the F-16. Its a stronger plane with better landing gear. It is painted really well as well. The F-16 is bare foam with bits of paint here and there... It flies great but the gear leaves some to be desired... F-18 is the winner to me...
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

my flights from this past weekend.

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

had to order another f18 today after I turned my old one into a fence post when the tail feathers on one side came unglued and fell off Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzz.jpg
Views:	2031
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	195022

Comment

Also the f18 has a smaller battery bay and short esc wires where as the f16 you can fly different size batteries and have room to get your CoG. The f16 feels cheaper with but flies great. You will probably break the main gear cover since it’s not supported and the front gear is soft. I tend to fly my f16 more because it will high alpha with ease and just flies lighter. The fa18 looks great and flies good but needs a bit more runway to rotate due to nose gear being shorter. I personally love the fa18 for its looks and sound but the f16 for the fun factor.

Comment

used the vfa 31 undamaged tails on my new f18 just witing for callie graphics for a few more decals then back in buisness

Comment

Have mines just can’t find the right cg spot

Comment

hey sky look for a box about 3 inches back on edge of the wing that's where I found a good cg...its actually the book cg lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        hey sky look for a box about 3 inches back on edge of the wing that's where I found a good cg...its actually the book cg lol
                        Depends on when he purchased it when I purchased mine the manual came at 80mm from the Leading Edge but I was one of those ones that pre-ordered when it was first released big mistake on my part look like somebody already crashed it. But for some after the first release the manual said 70 mm so it's been confusing for a lot of people.
                        there was even a fellow on another Forum that said 72 1/2 millimeters was The Sweet Spot LOL.
                        I have no idea how you figure out that half millimeter:Thinking:

Comment

just measured where my cg is and it turned out to be 75 to 80 mm's I think that's with a roaring top 6s 4000 that's done with the finger methiod upside down gear out and then back in...I do like a slightly nose down cg though

Comment

Had a great time with my F-18 this weekend, I haven't flown this bird for quite a long time so this flight was pure enjoyment!

Comment

Haven't posted here in way too long... here are some highlights from the last few flying sessions! It is currently down for maintenance since it gets so much flying time! I really do love this bird!

Comment

Dang vertical stabilizer screws. They don’t line up with the threaded inserts. Anybody Else have this problem, and if so what did you do to remedy?

Comment

i had the same problem, didn't want to rotate, pulled out front strut as far out it can go, now the stance is correct and takes off fine ,used some jb weld

Comment

Originally posted by Daneflyer View Post
                                    Dang vertical stabilizer screws. They don’t line up with the threaded inserts. Anybody Else have this problem, and if so what did you do to remedy?
                                    that was a bit of a struggle. True story, after getting a bit frustrated with this I took a break then handed the task to my son. He had the las two screws in within minutes. The tolerances are tight and I had to pull the wings back a bit while working the threading in a couple turns at at time going back and forth between screws. Once completed they’ll be more forgiving if you take the wings and stabs off and on for transport.

Scott M

Comment

Maidened mine today 3300 all the way forward I have one thing to say ....

OMG

Three clicks of up noflap ballooning and under fifty foot rollouts

Tracks on ground like dream

Does take 170 ft to rotate low angle of attack but that same aoa keeps it on the ground when landing

3 minute 3300 mixed throttle 9 to 14 left on battery

I'm very satisfied

On a sad note I lost my FW f16 to the evil sun God today my fault almost didn't do maiden hate loosing two in a day but it went well and honestly the F18 lands better and is better built

I'm going to get anotherf16 this week if possible I'll get the FW and the eflitein t bird

Comment

Anyone know if you can get another pilot for the rear seat in the F18F?

Comment

• Just received my fms f18, running 3200 6
                                          s 30c smart battery, cg placed at 75/80 in tray blancedon gp balancer , does that sound ok. Want to get it right before maiden.

Comment

Working...
                                          X