Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Welcome to the squawk, this plane does look like an amazing flyer
    Thanks rifleman. She really is a lot of fun. I fly the 90mm Venom and the A4 and the Mirage is like an F1car zipping around compared to them. Between the three, I’ve got a broad flight envelope.

Comment

That's the best when you have many options like that, just makes life that much better in my opinion :Cool:

Comment

Maiden on a buddies new Freewing Mirage 2000 Tigermeet!

Follow on Facebook: https://goo.gl/CKxDSpLink to Motion RC: https://goo.gl/7X6SbkHere is the maiden flight on buddy Bills (Thanks Bill!) Beautiful new Freewi...

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

We have at least 4 mirages at our field including mine and no one had to add any weight, and I'm running a 4500 roaring top with the a/b from the geek. Sepulveda basin in the san fernando valley, come and check.
          That’s were I fly too. I can try taking lead out of the engin hatch and see how it works but even as it is the plane seems nose heavy. When I roll inverted it takes a lot of down elevator to level it out and a fast roll is kind of a mini barrel roll.

Comment

Hey Steve, it shouldn't take more than the "typical" amount of down elevator to keep the Mirage's nose upward while inverted. I'm curious if you're flying with any reflex, and with what battery?
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Hey Steve, it shouldn't take more than the "typical" amount of down elevator to keep the Mirage's nose upward while inverted. I'm curious if you're flying with any reflex, and with what battery?
              I’m Flying with the Admiral 5000 pushed all the way back between the intakes. It was the same when I run the yellow admiral 4000. For what ever reason the one I have needs weight in the back to balance where the other pilots are flying at. It is a great flying airplane. I was just curious about the lead I was adding.

Comment

Hello pilots so I have spiced up my Mirage 2000.
                Download the files for the 3D printed Freewing Mirage 2000 Upgrades / Scale Details by rucky Plex;)

Comment

I just bought the mirage 2000 v2 im really excited about this jet. I have read about the throws on aileron being really sensitive, does anyone have a recommendation for how much throw and expo I should use on all 3 axises to maiden my jet?

Comment

I flew my mirage v1 with at least 30% expo and 5mm on the aileron and i feel it was still touchy (enough to fly but i planned to reduce throw before i crashed it).

I also have a question because the 3rd flights i've done i found it was nose heavy : with a 690g battery as far backwad i could (removed foam after maiden), my cg was a little forward the 530mm from the end of the fuse with gears retracted.

When you check the cg of the plane, you'll do it with landing gears outside ? Where is your cg ? At 520mm or 530mm ?

Comment

Originally posted by JejeMTP View Post
                      I flew my mirage v1 with at least 30% expo and 5mm on the aileron and i feel it was still touchy (enough to fly but i planned to reduce throw before i crashed it).

I also have a question because the 3rd flights i've done i found it was nose heavy : with a 690g battery as far backwad i could (removed foam after maiden), my cg was a little forward the 530mm from the end of the fuse with gears retracted.

When you check the cg of the plane, you'll do it with landing gears outside ? Where is your cg ? At 520mm or 530mm ?
                      Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I use 520mm and I have the following rates and it flys great and will high alpha to a crawl I'm not using a gyro and it's solid as a rock. This plane has made me a much better EDF pilot, it's helped me learn how to setup a good glide path to bleed off speed and get my nose up on approach for a nice gentle touch down.

Aileron: 40% rate 40% expo
                      Elevator: 100% rate 40% expo
                      Rudder: 100% rate 40% expo

I also use the Admiral 4000 pro batteries and get a solid 4 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_144911102_iOS.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	158878
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Does anybody have an idea when these will be in stock again.

Comment

Scratch that looks like they are in stock this morning got one coming.

Comment

Just going to leave this here...

Name:	20181130_230714763_iOS.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	164146
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Another one...

Name:	20181201_180640363_iOS.jpg
Views:	1120
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	164158
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                Another one...

Name:	20181201_180640363_iOS.jpg
Views:	1120
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	164158
                                WOW! You are truly on the "cutting edge" George. (Pun intended). Creative thoughts and nice work.

Comment

Getting there...

Name:	20181205_004622537_iOS.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	164640

Name:	20181205_004612747_iOS.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	164641

Name:	20181204_173014315_iOS.jpg
Views:	1145
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	164638

Name:	20181204_163857220_iOS.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	164639

Name:	20181205_004718526_iOS.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	164637

Name:	20181205_004807058_iOS.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	164636
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I use 520mm and I have the following rates and it flys great and will high alpha to a crawl I'm not using a gyro and it's solid as a rock. This plane has made me a much better EDF pilot, it's helped me learn how to setup a good glide path to bleed off speed and get my nose up on approach for a nice gentle touch down.

Aileron: 40% rate 40% expo
                                    Elevator: 100% rate 40% expo
                                    Rudder: 100% rate 40% expo

I also use the Admiral 4000 pro batteries and get a solid 4 minutes.

Name:	20181030_144911102_iOS.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	158878
                                    Thank's for your answer, i'll try with cg at 520mm when it will be repared.

And about the cg test on jet planes, you check it with gears in landing position or in fly position ?

Comment

Originally posted by JejeMTP View Post

Thank's for your answer, i'll try with cg at 520mm when it will be repared.

And about the cg test on jet planes, you check it with gears in landing position or in fly position ?

Wheels down.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Thank's again TiredIronGRB :):Goodbye:

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just mounted my bird and have the 3D parts too. Nozzle is added value.
                                          Unfortunately the 3D cockpit tub I received is crooked. Hope I I've just been unlucky.

But i'm interested in the way it needs to be installed. Does anyone have pictures of the installion to share?

Edit: good news, I will get a new tub.

Comment

Working...
                                          X