X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Mirage 2000C V2 “Tiger Meet” 80mm EDF - Official Thread

With the impending release of the V2 Freewing Mirage, wanted to start a new official thread.

Mirage 2000C V2 “Tiger Meet” 80mm EDF Jet from Freewing

Introducing the Freewing Mirage V2 “Tiger Meet”! This incredibly popular 80mm EDF has been updated to “Version 2” for 2018 and now features digital metal gear servos, a vibrant “Tiger Meet” livery for enhanced visibility, and our wildly popular power system including a 9 blade dynamically balanced EDF, 1900kv outrunner motor, and 100A ESC! All of these upgrades make the Mirage V2 more precise, faster, more fun to fly, and most importantly, more easy to see!

The Dassault Mirage 2000 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. It was designed in the late 1970s as a lightweight fighter based on the Mirage III for the French Air Force (Arme de l'Air). The Mirage 2000 evolved into a multirole aircraft with several variants developed. Over 600 aircraft were built and it has been in service with nine nations.

As you've come to expect from Freewing Model, the Mirage 2000 is loaded with scale features and performance componentry. The 9 blade power system provides enough static thrust to maintain a hover, with the aircraft’s nose pointed perpendicular to the ground! Hone your piloting skills to bring this aircraft to a standstill in the sky, then power out for a blistering fast pass down the runway! In the landing pattern, this delta winged wonder slows down remarkably well for nose-high landings.

Re-tuned from the ground up, the Mirage V2 Tiger Meet brings this fan favorite into the modern EDF era, including 3D Printed Upgrade Parts (“3DPUP”) sets, sold separately. Enhance your Mirage’s exhaust nozzle or cockpit with highly detailed parts that eliminate any worry of dark colored cockpit foam blistering in the sun. FEATURES:

• NEW! Dynamically balanced 9 Blade EDF for balanced power, thrust, efficiency, and sound
    • NEW! All new “Tiger Meet” decal scheme for enhanced visibility and easier orientation
    • NEW! 100 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A BEC
    • NEW! Digital metal gear servos for precise control during high G maneuvers
    • NEW! Optional 3D printed detail upgrade set (cockpit, exhaust nozzle, and antennas, each sold separately)
    • Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
    • Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground handling
    • Spring operated nose gear door
    • Scale details include hand painted, scale-sized pilot, full instrument panel, refueling probe, and panel lines
    • Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
    • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
    • Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
    • Removable magnetic nose cone, and removable wings and vertical stabilizer for convenient transport
    INCLUDES:

• Freewing Mirage 2000C V2 “Tiger Meet” 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
    REQUIRES:

• 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
    • 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 18 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : EXPERT
    BUILD TIME : 2+ HOURS
    Wingspan 790mm / 31.10in
    Length 1250mm / 49.21in
    Flying Weight 2200g / 78oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 520-530mm forward from the tail end of the nozzle
    Power System 1900kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 100A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
    Propeller / EDF 80mm Metal EDF with 9 Blade Fan
    Servos 9g digital metal gear reverse with 300mm lead : nose gear steering
    9g digital metal gear standard with 550mm lead : left aileron, right aileron
    9g digital metal gear standard with 300mm lead : rudder
    Landing Gear Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
    Required Battery 6S 22.2V 4000mAh 60C LiPo
    Required Radio 6 Channel
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon hinges
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate / Advanced
    Build Time 2 Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoor

Comment

Here are some pictures of the optional 3d Printed Parts which we will let you know when available:

Attached Files

Comment

I must have one!!!

Comment

signed up to be notified on both the 262 and the Mirage! :-) I am running out of ROOM!!!!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Well I'm glad we can talk about this plane now, I received the remains of the North America Tiger Meet demo that went in on maiden (setup issues) and a box of new parts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	144905

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	144910

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.6 KB ID:	144911

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.6 KB ID:	144914

I cut the TM fuselage at the panel line aft of the front wing mount and tried to save the piece where the hatch latch was because it had a small part of the decal on it but I decided to cut it off and just paint that small section of the decal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	144906

Here you see the new fuse which is the original Mirage which thankfully had the same paint scheme.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	144912

It was strange cutting a perfectly good fuselage into:Scared:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_07.jpg Views:	1 Size:	159.6 KB ID:	144909

The two pieces fit perfectly, even the paint lines were dead on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.9 KB ID:	144907

I used these skewers to aline and strengthen the joint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_09.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.6 KB ID:	144913

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	144917

Here you can see the small section of decal I had to paint, notice the decal where the fuselage split apart all the way back to the fan:Straight-Face:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_11.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	144908

Here it is finished and ready for it's first flight on manicured grass:Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	391.9 KB ID:	144915

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger_Meet_13.jpg Views:	1 Size:	439.6 KB ID:	144916

Now for the good stuff, this new setup makes the Mirage one of my all time favorites! The new Tiger Meet livery helps make orientation easy even when it's way out and the new power system is the perfect mix of performance and efficiency. The 9 blade (1900kV motor / 100A ESC) power system makes this one fast and very efficient EDF, I'm getting 4 to 5 minutes on a 6S 4000 battery depending on throttle control.

This plane is much different from any EDF I own and I find it a refreshing change from most of the others, even the Eurofighter and SU-35 with thrust vectoring. The V-2 Mirage will do maneuvers I wouldn't have thought were possible with a non thrust vectoring EDF, it will go from crazy fast to a stand still hover...this thing is just too much fun.

Setup is crucial to get the most from this plane, I started with Alpha's recommended rates and found that I liked it better with less aileron throw and a little more expo (40/40) and (90/40) on the elevator. I'm flying it here at Tirediron Aviation which is a smooth manicured (25-30mm high) grass runway and I've found that it rotates better at the aft end of the recommended CG range (520mm measured from the tail forward).
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

The rebuild looks great George. I can't wait to see it fly in person.

Comment

Nice job!!!! I have the old one still in the box. Will change the power system out when I build it!!! :Cool:

Comment

Just updated mine to the new power system, easy improvement with much improved acceleration, higher top end too.
                  Wonder if i’’ll be able to get the new decals (they are decals, right?)

Comment

Will an Admiral 6S 5000 fit? That's what I have on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post
                      Will an Admiral 6S 5000 fit? That's what I have on hand.
                      My Roaringtop 5000 wouldn’t fit but with a little carving it would. The RC geek got a 5800 in his with carving work
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	115119CC-C789-4CE7-904D-CEB10A045380.jpeg
Views:	5219
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	144947Click image for larger version

Name:	115119CC-C789-4CE7-904D-CEB10A045380.jpeg
Views:	4722
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	144948

Comment

They are in stock now boys!!!

Comment

I think maybe its a preorder - "add to cart" is up and running, but it still says "coming soon".
                          Hmm, maybe it means, it will be "coming soon if you order it".

The new ME262 is the same way - its marked coming soon but the shiny "add to cart" button is there.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                            I think maybe its a preorder - "add to cart" is up and running, but it still says "coming soon".
                            Hmm, maybe it means, it will be "coming soon if you order it".

The new ME262 is the same way - its marked coming soon but the shiny "add to cart" button is there.
                            We will move it to the right section, you can order now, the planes are ready to ship. Parts coming very soon

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

We will move it to the right section, you can order now, the planes are ready to ship. Parts coming very soon
                              BAM! That's what I am talking about!

Comment

I added videos and more pictures to the posts underneath the 1st post. Hope you guys enjoy this one! Cannot wait to see what everyone does with this!

Comment

Just ordered power sys going to put it in my f86:Thinking:

Comment

Awesome flight review video James! Very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      This plane is much different from any EDF I own and I find it a refreshing change from most of the others, even the Eurofighter and SU-35 with thrust vectoring. The V-2 Mirage will do maneuvers I wouldn't have thought were possible with a non thrust vectoring EDF, it will go from crazy fast to a stand still hover...this thing is just too much fun.
                                      It was really interesting to read about your experience with the Mirage 2000C which kinda did not surprise me for being a delta wing. This is exactly what I have also found true about the AJS-37 Viggen which is another delta wing with canards and have being preaching about it ever since flying it in the DCS simulator.
                                      It just flys totally different, it can fly very slow or fast and its easy to fly for beginners to EDF's.
                                      Looks isn't everything when it comes to how an airplane handles in the air.

Comment

My Admiral 6s 4000mAh was at 3.80v per cell after the 5:00 flight shown in this video. It was about 98 degrees Fahrenheit, little to no wind. When I shot that video for internal staff training, I wasn't planning on showing that video publicly, but I'm glad it did the job. Normally I prefer to remain off camera, and leave the flying to the rockstars.

As can be seen, this bird is an economical flyer with fast Fasts and slow Slows. I can imagine that those of you who fly with gyros like Hobby Eagle or gyroceivers like the Admiral will have an even easier time executing these maneuvers. Even easier entry and recovery than it already has.

We've optimized sans-TV flying setups..

Have fun!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                        X