Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucB View Post
    Hi Guys,

I just mounted my bird and have the 3D parts too. Nozzle is added value.
    Unfortunately the 3D cockpit tub I received is crooked. Hope I I've just been unlucky. Will see what MotionRC.eu will say...

But i'm interested in the way it needs to be installed. Does anyone have pictures of the installion to share?
    They all do that, it's normal with a thin area like that...I use a hairdryer to heat it a little.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I just realized I didn't post the pictures of the finished "Mirageroti":(

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_195747000_iOS.jpg
Views:	1347
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	172916

Name:	20181231_233019790_iOS.jpg
Views:	1400
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	172915

Name:	20181231_232944339_iOS.jpg
Views:	1349
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	172914

Name:	20190101_004511293_iOS.jpg
Views:	1343
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	172913

Name:	20190101_003405587_iOS.jpg
Views:	1317
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	172912

Name:	20190101_004531638_iOS.jpg
Views:	1337
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	172911

Name:	20181231_230333285_iOS.jpg
Views:	1352
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	172910

Name:	20190101_004430881_iOS.jpg
Views:	1345
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	172909

Name:	20190101_004426949_iOS.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	172908

Name:	20190101_004850308_iOS.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	172907
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by LucB View Post
        Hi Guys,

I just mounted my bird and have the 3D parts too. Nozzle is added value.
        Unfortunately the 3D cockpit tub I received is crooked. Hope I I've just been unlucky. Will see what MotionRC.eu will say...

But i'm interested in the way it needs to be installed. Does anyone have pictures of the installion to share?
        Welcome to Hobby Squawk! They all come that way. A little heat from a hair dryer and some gentle pressure with your fingers can straighten it out. It is really quite easy to do. The resin is easily shaped with a little heat.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          I just realized I didn't post the pictures of the finished "Mirageroti":(

Name:	20181231_195747000_iOS.jpg
Views:	1347
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	172916

Name:	20181231_233019790_iOS.jpg
Views:	1400
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	172915

Name:	20181231_232944339_iOS.jpg
Views:	1349
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	172914

Name:	20190101_004511293_iOS.jpg
Views:	1343
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	172913

Name:	20190101_003405587_iOS.jpg
Views:	1317
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	172912

Name:	20190101_004531638_iOS.jpg
Views:	1337
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	172911

Name:	20181231_230333285_iOS.jpg
Views:	1352
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	172910

Name:	20190101_004430881_iOS.jpg
Views:	1345
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	172909

Name:	20190101_004426949_iOS.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	172908

Name:	20190101_004850308_iOS.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	172907
          Looks amazing George!

Comment

Photos need to be expanded as the files needed to be uploaded small. Vertical stab decals weren't carried down far enough how do you get rid of that gray line? Wings have a 2 mm gap between the wing in the fuselage due to the plastic Wing mounting points not being flush with the fuselage or the wing, you can see daylight between the fuse and the wing. Nose cone is smaller in diameter than the fuselage it is supposed to meet up with. Decal alignment pretty bad but then again when it comes to that stuff probably better than I could have done so I'll let that one go except for the vertical stab and the gray line where it meets the fuselage the fuselage. Maybe I'm just too picky but I like my stuff to look good, it spends 3.5 minutes in the air the rest of the time in front of fellow Flyers scrutinizing the stuff wrong with it that I have to explain off because I happen to like freewing products that are usually better than this. for $300

Comment

Mine is the same way and I just fly it. Nobody has mentioned anything to me about the fit, finish or flaws in it.

Comment

Would you guys say this is one of the fastest freewing jets out of the box? I’m looking for a speed demon and this seems like it might be it.

Comment

I would...

Comment

Nice. I’m looking for something that can fit in my trunk in one piece and can really get going. Looks like a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by flyAA View Post
                      Would you guys say this is one of the fastest freewing jets out of the box? I’m looking for a speed demon and this seems like it might be it.
                      Yep, the Mirage is fast, hang on to your hat!

Comment

Both of my stock Mirages were pretty nifty out of the box. I have, or have flown, all of the stock F/W EDF's and yes it is maybe the fastest of the bunch but would hardly call it a "speed demon". But you might, that depends on what you expect, either way doubt that you will regret this one and if it won't fit in your trunk, nothing will !.

Comment

Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                          Both of my stock Mirages were pretty nifty out of the box. I have, or have flown, all of the stock F/W EDF's and yes it is maybe the fastest of the bunch but would hardly call it a "speed demon". But you might, that depends on what you expect, either way doubt that you will regret this one and if it won't fit in your trunk, nothing will !.
                          I’m looking for the fastest PNP out of all the 70/80/90mm freewing EDFs. I hear the 80mm a-10 is pretty fast as well, I’ve got one but haven’t had a chance to maiden it yet.

Comment

I can't think the A-10 would make the top 3... Mirage, F-5 and maybe the Avanti??

Comment

Originally posted by flyAA View Post

I’m looking for the fastest PNP out of all the 70/80/90mm freewing EDFs. I hear the 80mm a-10 is pretty fast as well, I’ve got one but haven’t had a chance to maiden it yet.
                              The 90mm Scale EDF are not that fast. Probably the Mirage 2000 would fit well.

Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_Q0NDxGCQ. from the 3DPUP upgrades The STL files I have provided with letters in front of the file name, so there is a connection. The parts are best glued with contact adhesive on the model. In the ventilation details, I have that material completely cut away. This really brings in air. For the LED cover, I took 1mm thick PVC from the hardware store with "C LED glass cover Form.stl" I shaped the cover. Here is a video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qamvXcPtGsI. The LEDs (3Watt) for the lighting I have with 5mm Alustäben with 20-30mm provided, so you can use stronger lighting modules. Mine is a homemade. In the areas I have used 0.5mm enameled wire so that the parts "wing lighting 2x.stl" could remain small. https://youtu.be/iLcymbEyilU

Comment

I was curious if the Mirage takes a long runway to take off. I was also curious if the CG in the manual is correct. I will be using a 6S 5K mah lipo. I see that people using the 4K one line the lipo up with the intake for the most part. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn8 View Post
                                  I was curious if the Mirage takes a long runway to take off. I was also curious if the CG in the manual is correct. I will be using a 6S 5K mah lipo. I see that people using the 4K one line the lipo up with the intake for the most part. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
                                  I would say the answers to your question in order are no and yes. Of course pilot technique comes into play here but with all that thrust it doesn't need much of a roll. Cg for me was right on.
                                  The main thing was to tone down the roll rates....a lot.:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn8 View Post
                                    The CG in the manual I thought worked well.

The throws in the manual like quickstop suggests were WAY too aggressive for me. If I remember correctly (and it's possible I don't since it's been so long since I've owned the jet, ha-ha), I had around 15mm for Elevator throws and 5mm for Aileron throws, and was what I liked to fly with best.

I used a 4000mah 6S battery as it was easier to fit in the tray, was able to achieve proper CG, and kept the total weight lower. Batteries are different in weight, dimensions, capacity, power output, etc., so make sure you can achieve the proper CG in the manual with the battery you intend to use. This plane appears to have been designed more for the average 4000mah 6S battery, although that's not saying a 5000mah won't necessary fit, but it depends on the weight and dimensions. A good habit to form is not to focus on using a line or marker of where the battery should go, or what others have used. It can be used as a potential starting point, but not confirmation on the CG being correct for your configuration. Someone else's battery, electronics placement, upgraded components, etc., may be placed differently and weigh differently than yours, and that distribution of weight matters. Before flight, be 100% your specific aircraft achieves the proper CG/CG range by testing it yourself. Some balance an RC airplane carefully on their fingertips, and others use a CG machine of sorts. Just make sure it's accurate enough and consistent to ensure safe flights. Even if someone has the same battery that I'm using on the same aircraft, I will still never use their battery position as the marker for where mine should go. That is done on your own plane with testing.

Comment

New to HS Hello all I see some interesting schemes and setup here.

Comment

Welcome to HobbySquawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                          Welcome to HobbySquawk!
                                          Thank you glad to be here!

Comment

Working...
                                          X