X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have CAD?
    Could scan it, use it as an xref (trace it in CAD), scale it to whatever size you need, then print it as an engineering print at Staples, Officemax etc. (36" wide x whatever length you require)

Comment

Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
      Do you have CAD?
      Could scan it, use it as an xref (trace it in CAD), scale it to whatever size you need, then print it as an engineering print at Staples, Officemax etc. (36" wide x whatever length you require)
      to this point, draftsight is a freeware 2D cad software similar to AutoCAD.

Comment

Ahhh yes, forgot about that one.
        Worst case scenario let me know. I can do it for you and email you the file. From there you could just drop it on a thumbdrive and have it printed.

Kinda busy this time of year but I'm sure I could squeeze it in.

Comment

Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
          Ahhh yes, forgot about that one.
          Worst case scenario let me know. I can do it for you and email you the file. From there you could just drop it on a thumbdrive and have it printed.

Kinda busy this time of year but I'm sure I could squeeze it in.
          Dang Vic! You would do that for me? Let me see what I can do first. Trying to get it to 1/10th scale.

Comment

This is a really cool project!
            I've thought about doing a twin 80 version with the A-10 gear, but I'm *extremely* busy for a while... plus other projects.

Yeah let me know, it's just one 8.5x11, how work intensive could it be?!?

Comment

It would be awesome to see this project kick off again!!

I would love to make one.

Comment

Thought I'd share my 1/15 scale "feasibility" model I drafted recently. Scale intake area can support twin 64mms, but would require enlarging of the exhaust area to match the FSA. I'm considering a single 70mm XRP (2100g on 6S) but taking my lessons from the U2R I just finished, I can expect considerable thrust losses (`20%) from the long duct work.

0.6-0.7 TWR should still be doable. At your scale with twin 90s, it should boogie.

Comment

oooohhhhhh yeah!

Comment

I recently had the privilege to spend a weekend with Darrell Sprayberry who is a master builder and helped him with making a mold for a huge OV-10 he is working on. I learned a great deal about the process of making a plug, creating a mold and laying up parts from it. He mentioned CNC machined foam and I know it is used in the early stages of prototyping a new plane. Has he thinking in some new directions at the moment. DD, I have the LX 64mm EPS F-117 and it flies great on a single 4S fan. The intakes are a bit oversized and the exhausts are not scale but it still looks incredible in the air and I love how it feels on the sticks. The thing is practically all wing so my thought with going twin 90's was that it most likely would not need full power and therefore could conserve battery for longer flights. It all remains to be seen of course. I am currently tinkering on my Roban Apache but that is reaching an end so I want to get back on this project in force. DD is your F-117 file something that could lend itself to CNC a block of foam to act as a base for creating a plug for a mold?

Comment

Yup, the 3d model can be exported into several universal formats that can be compatible with CNC. I'll PM you with more info tonight after my daughter goes to bed

Comment

Working...
                      X