Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we need a MiG 29 twin 70 12 blade to go with it..in German markings of course
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Tired Iron what do you have in mind? You didn't ordered the PNP version. What do you plan to power it with? A turbine?LOL
      I have a 12 blade fan, 1850 KV motor and 100A ESC from my Mig-21, I put a 9 blade fan and 1900kv setup in it.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I have a 12 blade fan, 1850 KV motor and 100A ESC from my Mig-21, I put a 9 blade fan and 1900kv setup in it.
        I'm going to order the L-39 ARF plus and I intend to install the 9-blade 1900kv setup with 100A ESC in it. In your opinion and experience, did you find that the 12-blade, 1850kv was improved upon in your Mig-21 with the new setup? Did it have more punch? I think the 1900kv set up is what's in the A-10 and Avanti S?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I'm going to order the L-39 ARF plus and I intend to install the 9-blade 1900kv setup with 100A ESC in it. In your opinion and experience, did you find that the 12-blade, 1850kv was improved upon in your Mig-21 with the new setup? Did it have more punch? I think the 1900kv set up is what's in the A-10 and Avanti S?
          I took the 12 blade\1850 out of the Mig-21 and will put it in the L-39....I put a 9 blade\1900 in the Mig-21
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I took the 12 blade\1850 out of the Mig-21 and will put it in the L-39....I put a 9 blade\1900 in the Mig-21
            That's what I was getting at. Did you notice any change in performance in the Mig with that swap?

Comment

• Yes, gets in the air faster...not sure about topend.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That's what I was getting at. Did you notice any change in performance in the Mig with that swap?
                Hey Viper, yes I put that 9 Blade setup into my A-6 Intruder and it literally jumps in the air about 25 feet roll out after full throttle !!! Top end is faster than stocked 80mm fan setup.:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks, guys. That's very interesting and encouraging to hear. I bought this fan/motor for my Mirage not knowing that it already was the "high speed" version. That kinda worked out for the best since this allows me to buy the L-39 ARF Plus. I say "kinda" because I wasn't really planning on it since I'm very satisfied with my Avanti S. I also have a spare 100A and 130A ESC hanging around, so getting into the L-39 isn't quite as wallet draining as it could have been. Soon, I'll have TWO very enjoyable and satisfying EDFs to play with.
                  I was worried that maybe I should have purchased the 12-blade instead. I only just realized that's what's in my Avanti S and I love how short a distance is uses to take off from my lumpy, bumpy, grass field. Top end is neither here nor there for me at 3500' altitude. It's the getting off the ground quickly that's important for me. From what you guys have just told me, the 9-blade should not disappoint in the L-39. With 2 of them in my A-10, that plane works so well at my field.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Boom!

Click image for larger version Name:	B3CF00C4-1B06-4F5F-AC5C-033DADBEF361.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	150518
                    I thought I should mention that we are not going to make a new announcement at Nall in the fall. The timing is not working out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

I thought I should mention that we are not going to make a new announcement at Nall in the fall. The timing is not working out.
                      Not a problem at all Tom. Things can change and I and we (customers) are aware of that. :Cool:

Comment

• Motion, Bajora, it looks like there is a flat area behind the MFCB. Is this suitable for mounting a stabilized receiver like a Spektrum 9350?

Comment

"Generally" speaking and based upon comments I've read regarding EDF powered planes, a nine blade EDF unit will out perform a twelve blade EDF (equivalent size) in terms of top end speed. Maybe has something to do with the pitch angle of the blades. On the other hand, a twelve blade EDF unit will have a more realistic jet engine sound than a nine blade EDF unit. It also appears that an inrunner motor will generally out perform an outrunner motor (again equivalent size) in EDF units. Most upgrade EDF units I've seen involve going to an inrunner motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty500 View Post
                            Motion, Bajora, it looks like there is a flat area behind the MFCB. Is this suitable for mounting a stabilized receiver like a Spektrum 9350?
                            If it fits, it's suitable. I was thinking the same thing for my Lemon stabilized receiver

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty500 View Post
                              Motion, Bajora, it looks like there is a flat area behind the MFCB. Is this suitable for mounting a stabilized receiver like a Spektrum 9350?
                              Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

If it fits, it's suitable. I was thinking the same thing for my Lemon stabilized receiver
                              Here is the best shot I can share to show you what is behind the board. That IS where I have my receiver mounted. You may have to "level" that area off with a piece of styrene or thin balsa? There is a square inset in the foam there. A receiver may nestle nicely into this inset however. Mine kinda sits atop of it. But I would say yes, you should be able to mount a gyro equipped receiver there for sure.

Comment

• Yes i will use a S8R reciever with mine as well.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Oh good, just bought another radio so I'am not going to worry about this foil project now..................:)

Comment

• " What me worry?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

Here is the best shot I can share to show you what is behind the board. That IS where I have my receiver mounted. You may have to "level" that area off with a piece of styrene or thin balsa? There is a square inset in the foam there. A receiver may nestle nicely into this inset however. Mine kinda sits atop of it. But I would say yes, you should be able to mount a gyro equipped receiver there for sure.

That's where the receivers are mounted in each of our test birds here at the factory, as well. With the L-39's large cockpit piece, we were able to stretch the platform forward to give easy access to a gyroceiver behind the MFCB.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                        Sent our EagleTree eLogger with GPS sensor attached up for a flight to record telemetry data. Winds were probably about 5-6 MPH. Upwind passes are 102-106 MPH ... downwind passes are 108-115. Average them out and she is legitimately a triple digit speeds capable model! (click on photo for a larger image)

(Also added same data to page one post)
                                        Thanks for posting your data, Bajora. It's always nice to have such information to corroborate our design intent on this side of the pond. Considering the L-39's size (wider winged and taller fused than the 90mm F-4), it wasn't easy to get a consistent 100+ mph in fair, level flight on 80mm 6s 4000 at these watts. The Mirage is quite smaller than the 80mm L-39 in every dimension.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180910_025949.jpg
Views:	1553
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	150865
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

That's where the receivers are mounted in each of our test birds here at the factory, as well. With the L-39's large cockpit piece, we were able to stretch the platform forward to give easy access to a gyroceiver behind the MFCB.
                                          Perfecto!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X