• Show
Clear All

Thanks, Hardway!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      Must resist the urge to preorder...... Preorder done.
      Thanks Dave!

Comment

The wings removable with the quick connect?

Comment

Thanks, Hardway!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Wcessna, good question and welcome to Hobby Squawk! Our team optimized the L-39 around the popular Avanti's power system, which is well known for its performance, speed, reliability, and efficiency. Flying the more expensive inrunner version head to head with the stock PNP, we just didn't feel the inrunner added a significant enough flight experience and so opted to fill the first shipment with the PNPs and ARFs seen on our website. We've noticed that in recent years, as we've developed more and more models, most of them end up being the stock PNPs because the balance of cost and performance (and weight) are generally in favor of the stock PNPs. Where there are specific models where we really think the added cost adds to the model, we'll offer that version on our website. Many of the Squawk members will laugh when I say this, but I'm the guy who leads our development team so I'm partial to the power system we choose as stock PNP and so it's probably no surprise that I often encourage our customer family to try the stock PNP before deciding if it's worth spending more money. Strange, I know, that someone would tell you to buy the less expensive version. But it's my honest opinion.

Of course, we always invite customers to share their feedback with us, so if you were set on the inrunner version, let our CSTeam know at 224-633-9090 and they'll keep a list of interested parties and perhaps something could be arranged for our next shipment.
            Called in. They do not know the price or any info. Explained the post and he said send an email. He was not interested in a list. Oh well.. I have an inrunner in my F-86, used it in the Mirage also. In flying Sabres side by side it is not terribly faster but is certainly stronger. And I probably have 400+ flights in three jets on it without a glitch so yes I am interested. I’ll monitor the forum and send an email.

Comment

Once I have the plane I may give Callie a call, since this plane is in Slovenian colors I want two name decals for under the canopy, Pilot Robert and Capt. Blaz. Oh yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                Yes. Ribbon cables and 4 screws will do the job. I am editing the Build video as I type. Hope to have it up later today, latest tomorrow morning. This model uses a new Multifunction Control box which makes it very easy.

Comment

I see an ARF Plus in the future as a diversified start to rebuilding my fleet.;)
                  Got this A-10 fan that needs a home.LOL
                  This will be my livery :Cool:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39.jpg
Views:	1884
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	149884
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                    Wings are held with four machine screws and feature clean and simple wiring. Just plug in the two plugs and you're all set to go. That said, the L-39 is one of those rare models that's the best of both worlds in terms of size. Its big enough to have real presence and authority in the air, yet compact enough to take to the field fully assembled in most cars.

Stuart.

Comment

Sure is a GREAT looking model! I wonder why the intentional delay with the landing gear... same blue box to be used in future models that will have more complex gear doors?

Comment

ARF+ ordered ;)
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by wcessna View Post

Called in. They do not know the price or any info. Explained the post and he said send an email. He was not interested in a list. Oh well.. I have an inrunner in my F-86, used it in the Mirage also. In flying Sabres side by side it is not terribly faster but is certainly stronger. And I probably have 400+ flights in three jets on it without a glitch so yes I am interested. I’ll monitor the forum and send an email.
                          The price for the model with the inrunner would be an extra $70 ($419). I feel the price for the inrunner is too high, especially when the outrunner performs so spectacularly. While I love speed and power, I was unable to justify the extra 20% cost.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                            Sure is a GREAT looking model! I wonder why the intentional delay with the landing gear... same blue box to be used in future models that will have more complex gear doors?
                            So the nose gear door can open first and close last.

Comment

Nice looking jet, but I'm going to hold off until the 2nd or 3rd batch. Will probably repaint to some sort of military camo scheme.
                              Pat

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                So the nose gear door can open first and close last.
                                There looks to be quite a delay between the switch being flipped and that nose gear door moving...

05:13 in

Comment

Great job Motion! Looks well thought out all the way around but I’m going to have to wait it out on this L-39. Maybe next year :)

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Nice looking jet, but I'm going to hold off until the 2nd or 3rd batch. Will probably repaint to some sort of military camo scheme.
                                    Amen

Comment

When will there be a pre-order option on the Motion.eu site? I always feel like here in Europe we are missing out somehow......

Comment

Originally posted by Dp123 View Post
                                        When will there be a pre-order option on the Motion.eu site? I always feel like here in Europe we are missing out somehow......
                                        Pre-order for MotionRC.eu coming soon (4 weeks?). The L-39 for Europe are in production now. As soon as they are on the water, we'll open up a pre-order on Motionrc.eu
                                        Sometimes Europe will get a plane first and sometimes the USA will get it first. Ideally both will happen at the same time but it all depends on order forecasting and how the orders line up.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post

There looks to be quite a delay between the switch being flipped and that nose gear door moving...

05:13 in
                                          https://youtu.be/4ieXvSqXerI?list=WL&t=313

Hi Andrew,
                                          The L-39 uses the new Multi-Function Control Board-E ("MFCB-E"), which, as a universal device being rolled out among many models, contains more options than any one model will use. For example, the L-39 uses only four LEDs, but that MFCB-E has seven LED ports. Technically the user can plug into any port other than the factory configuration, or, buy more LEDs separately and plug and play!

Similarly, the L-39's MFCB has different port options for the gear doors. Single stage, or dual stage. In the stock configuration, the retracts are connected to the dual stage circuit, on anticipation of people adding their own inner gear doors and servos. The stock delay is the common 3 seconds, same as most other aircraft from Freewing and FlightLineRC and FMS, etc.

Picture of the new MFCB-E on one side (note the different options for Single or Dual Stage Gear inputs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180905_003912.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	149925

Here's a shot of the opposite side, showing the receiver outputs and the LED inputs. Note that now users can mix and match between an array of LED input ports. Triple Flash, Dual Flash, Landing Light (on only when gear is down), Single Blink, and Steady On. We'll cover the two new MFCBs in a video coming soon. The other MFCB is larger and supports multi-motor, multi-ESC, UBEC, afterburner, and other options found on our more complex aircraft. Technically these MFCBs can be used in any aircraft. We've even tested them for vibration and shock, on our helicopters and larger aircraft.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180905_003918.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	149924

Comment

Working...
                                          X