X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

The L-39 uses the new Multi-Function Control Board-E ("MFCB-E"), which, as a universal device being rolled out among many models, contains more options than any one model will use. For example, the L-39 uses only four LEDs, but that MFCB-E has seven LED ports. Technically the user can plug into any port other than the factory configuration, or, buy more LEDs separately and plug and play!

Similarly, the L-39's MFCB has different port options for the gear doors. Single stage, or dual stage. In the stock configuration, the retracts are connected to the dual stage circuit, on anticipation of people adding their own inner gear doors and servos. But If someone wanted to plug the retract into the single stage port, then there would be no delay.

Now that’s some cool stuff. I like options that provide customization for future uses. Do the LED ports offer various and variable illumination control such as slow or fast blinking, dual flash, solid, or something similar?

Comment

Grass friendly gear, the plastic lined cockpit area and the lights in the removable tip tanks are great features! Hopefully this is a trend for future releases as well. Keep raising the bar MRC. Looks like a great design Alpha:Cool:. Keep them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
        The wings removable with the quick connect?
        Hey Topshot, to copy on what Stuart and James answered, here's a photo from Bajora of the wing connector. Team effort! :)

The L-39 uses a one piece wing, so the flexible wing harnesses are nestled safely in the center, with zero load on them from wing rock, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW_L39_Stud_13.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	149929Click image for larger version

Name:	FW_L39_Stud_01.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	149930
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

[SIZE=12px][FONT=sans-serif][COLOR=black]Hi Andrew,
          The L-39 uses the new Multi-Function Control Board-E ("MFCB-E"), which, as a universal device being rolled out among many models, contains more options than any one model will use. For example, the L-39 uses only four LEDs, but that MFCB-E has seven LED ports. Technically the user can plug into any port other than the factory configuration, or, buy more LEDs separately and plug and play! Similarly, the L-39's MFCB has different port options for the gear doors. Single stage, or dual stage. In the stock configuration, the retracts are connected to the dual stage circuit, on anticipation of people adding their own inner gear doors and servos. The stock delay is the common 3 seconds, same as most other aircraft from Freewing and FlightLineRC and FMS, etc. Here's a shot of the opposite side, showing the receiver outputs and the LED inputs. Note that now users can mix and match between an array of LED input ports. Triple Flash, Dual Flash, Landing Light (on only when gear is down), Single Blink, and Steady On. We'll cover the two new MFCBs in a video coming soon. The other MFCB is larger and supports multi-motor, multi-ESC, UBEC, afterburner, and other options found on our more complex aircraft. Technically these MFCBs can be used in any aircraft. We've even tested them for vibration and shock, on our helicopters and larger aircraft.
          Well... that's AWESOME!!!

Comment

Hey Topshot, to copy on what Stuart and James answered, here's a photo from Bajora of the wing connector. Team effort! :)

The L-39 uses a one piece wing, so the flexible wing harnesses are nestled safely in the center, with zero load on them from wing rock, etc.

Name:	FW_L39_Stud_13.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	149929Click image for larger version

Name:	FW_L39_Stud_01.jpg
Views:	1379
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	149930

Thats nice thankyou !

Comment

Twowingtj, since you mentioned the plastic cockpit tub, I'll post a pic here, It's not a worldbreaking innovation, but for what it is in terms of Simple-Yet-Effective, I like it and insisted it be on the final model. The L-39's cockpit is big and there's lot of visual space, so it made sense to line it with plastic to ward away alligatoring.

Name:	image_28897.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	149934

Comment

well I was thinking of holding off on this one, not crazy about the scheme, but I found some I liked and ordered one.

Comment

On the new MFCB I noticed there are receiver ports for the ailerons and flaps but no servo connectors?, are these located elsewhere?

But a nice solution as is the L-39 very impressed on my shopping list.

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                    well I was thinking of holding off on this one, not crazy about the scheme, but I found some I liked and ordered one.
                    Thanks, Manfred! Those are some good choices! As with our other models, we worked with Callie at www.callie-graphics.com on this aircraft for accurate sizing. I believe she'll be posting her decal options soon, and as always we recommend her services for any custom decal sets she has already posted.

Comment

Alpha; are the supplied decals waterside or Callie style?

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                        Alpha; are the supplied decals waterside or Callie style?
                        Hey Dkalwishky, the L-39's decals are all waterslide. There's about 80 of them, some of which are very small, so vinyl was impractical. They're factory applied, so customers don't have to fiddle with so many small decals.

Of course, they're thin enough where those of us planning to repaint the model can simply paint right over everything with a coat of primer then customize from there. As always, I recommend painting directly over the factory paint since the factory paint bonds best to the foam, instead of removing the factory paint and trying to get back to bare foam.

Comment

They're factory applied, so customers don't have to fiddle with so many small decals.
                          I would prefer this on all the models.

Comment

They're factory applied, so customers don't have to fiddle with so many small decals.
                            Thanks for the quick response, I just watched the assembly video and James mentioned that they were factory applied.

I'm stoked to get mine and I LOVE the color scheme you choose!

Comment

Here is the build video (ahem, assembly I mean)

Comment

Question, will an L-39 knife edge? I’m asking because it’s being compared to the Avanti S

Comment

Absolutely. Stuart did a few knife edge in the flight video. Check about 20:25 on the flight video.

Comment

Twowingtj, since you mentioned the plastic cockpit tub, I'll post a pic here, It's not a worldbreaking innovation, but for what it is in terms of Simple-Yet-Effective, I like it and insisted it be on the final model. The L-39's cockpit is big and there's lot of visual space, so it made sense to line it with plastic to ward away alligatoring.

Name:	image_28897.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	149934
                                    In my opinion, the plastic cockpit tub is one of the most needed and overdue innovations to come along since EPO foam. I hope it finds its way into a lot of future releases and even re releases of past products. Thanks Motion!

Comment

Couldn't resist, ordered an ARF Plus...I have an XRP 80mm fan unit that should work well in this. Nice to see Freewing coming out with better and better features on every new release!

Comment

This just might have to replace my beloved 70mm Freewing BAe Hawk... great work, guys! Loving the innovation of the MFCB and plastic cockpit tub!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post

There looks to be quite a delay between the switch being flipped and that nose gear door moving...

05:13 in
                                          https://youtu.be/4ieXvSqXerI?list=WL&t=313
                                          OK, so that's what you meant. I didn't even think twice about it. I've got a few planes with that kind of delay and it just seemed normal to me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X