Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done carefully, a repaint with decals at this scale shouldn't add a noticeable difference.

Recently I covered an Avanti with Econokote (plastic film) for my Dad. The covering definitely weighs more than paint, but I noticed no difference in performance.

Vic

Comment

• Great to hear, I might try a facelift sooner or later :).thanks!

Comment

• I was amazed at how much grass collected on the underbelly cheater vent in Stewart's video ! Most of it stayed until he throttled Down to land. He did say in the video that he thought it was the wet grass is why it took off so slow, more likely it was the lack of air flow?

Comment

• Probably got kicked up by the gear on takeoff roll and the suction from the cheater kept it in place.

Comment

• Some studio style shots of the kit components AND the assembled model ... kinda tough to shoot "clean" shots of a white model on a white background.

Comment

• The more i see this the more i like it

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                The more i see this the more i like it
                THIS. That's one beautiful bird!!

Comment

• One thing I don't understand. Why keep switching how pylons/tanks/ordnance are attached to the plane? I've found that anything that needs to be glued (pylons to the wing for example), or relies on magnets (tanks to pylons) tend to fail over time, or the magnets don't hold strong enough. With the 90mm F-16 we got the wonderful slide and lock attachments, and for me they have been bulletproof as well as the perfect mounting solution.
                  Pat

Comment

• Agreed, I like and prefer the T-rail sliding system.

Comment

• The magnetic tanks make good hard landing indicators, if the tanks are tumbling behind you on the runway you know you landed too hard

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                          Some studio style shots of the kit components AND the assembled model ... kinda tough to shoot "clean" shots of a white model on a white background.
                          Hi Bajora, thanks for all the photos, this certainly is a very nice rendition. The white looks really white in all the photo's & videos that I have seen. Is this bare foam or is it painted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty500 View Post

Hi Bajora, thanks for all the photos, this certainly is a very nice rendition. The white looks really white in all the photo's & videos that I have seen. Is this bare foam or is it painted?
                            Thanks. It is not bare foam ...it is painted white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                              The magnetic tanks make good hard landing indicators, if the tanks are tumbling behind you on the runway you know you landed too hard
                              So much truth in this statement! :)
                              Pat

Comment

• I very much like the magnet system in the A4. The T slide connection ended up tearing off in my case..

Comment

Thanks Bajora, that's great news

Comment

• In the pattern and banking away to begin a landing approach ...

Comment

In the pattern and banking away to begin a landing approach ...

Good GAAAWD that thing looks good. Great shot!

Comment

Very Nice! I'm proud of you MRC, Very Proud of you for this. Good Job mates.

Woody

I may actually buy one of these after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Very Nice! I'm proud of you MRC, Very Proud of you for this. Good Job mates.

Woody

I may actually buy one of these after all.
                                          While you ruminate on that decision ... another photo of the L-39 in-flight!:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X