Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I hadn't just bought their 70mm BAe Hawk just a couple weeks ago, I'd absolutely pre-order one of the these beauties. Depending on what else they announce at Joe Nall, I may purchase anyway...

Comment

• I agree..I actually always rather meeeeehed the L39 but the finish, easy to see colorscheme and sportish flying characteristics are slowly creeping in Lol!

Comment

• Black Diamonds baby!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	14264634386_0ea188370b_b.jpg
Views:	1258
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	150332

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
          If I hadn't just bought their 70mm BAe Hawk just a couple weeks ago, I'd absolutely pre-order one of the these beauties. Depending on what else they announce at Joe Nall, I may purchase anyway...
          Ya know, I'm reeeeally not a L-39 Albatros Fan Boy. Yes I know of the jet, the most meaningful experience I'v had with one of these is on an episode of, "Pawn Stars". Some guy was trying to pawn one of these, lol. I would like to let MRC know, it's nice you figured out the white foam needs to be painted white. My sincerest of apologies for rasing all He.. about it in another thread,

But after thinking about it, I'll probably go for the 70mm BAe Hawk instead. I just like the shape better, think it's a better looking plane. But this is my taste, not every ones. Good luck with your new plane, not the thing I would have made. But good luck just the same.

Woody

Comment

• If I did get it, after enjoying it a while, I'd probably take on a refinish as a winter project - either Breitling or "Hoot" Gibson's paint scheme from Reno. Since it is "Project Hoot" and all :D

Comment

• I vote for Hoot's ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                Black Diamonds baby!!!

Name:	14264634386_0ea188370b_b.jpg
Views:	1258
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	150332
                That was the one i wanted to do, i worked an airshow they performed at

Comment

• When you said airshow, I had to pull up a few of our Pyro shots.. WOH at Ellington Field in Houston TX. Note the B-17 in the first two shots!!! :P I am the little guy in the first shot setting off the string, and my truck is the Toyota in the last shot on taxiway Charlie... Good times!!

Comment

• I got that little truck in 1987 and I still have it. 495, 000 plus miles... It is just a camp house backup now, but it served well!! Anyway!! Back to the L-39. Mine is ordered!!!

Comment

• 'Love the Black Diamonds! I fully expect the L-39 to be the next F-4 and MiG-21 in terms of varied paint schemes. Get yourselves to Home Depot and Callie Graphics, friends, and let's see what you've got. (Except for you, Steve, you can't play :D ).

Regarding the white paint, I'm glad it didn't go unnoticed. For such a seemingly simple thing, it is actually rather complex. Nevertheless, we were really intent on getting a good, solid, durable white paint on the L-39. As was documented well at the time, the 90mm T-45's initial white painted surfaces back in 2015 eventually developed a UV sensitivity in certain batches, so with the L-39 we made an extra effort to extend our testing profiles longer and in a wider array of environmental conditions. The easier option of course would have been to leave the bare foam unpainted, as we did on the Avanti S, but as a Scale jet, we strongly felt the L-39's white needed to be painted. As Bajora's pics show, the end result is considerably better balanced than having white foam cells partitioned from red and blue painted areas.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        'Love the Black Diamonds! I fully expect the L-39 to be the next F-4 and MiG-21 in terms of varied paint schemes. Get yourselves to Home Depot and Callie Graphics, friends, and let's see what you've got. (Except for you, Steve, you can't play :D ).

Regarding the white paint, I'm glad it didn't go unnoticed. For such a seemingly simple thing, it is actually rather complex. Nevertheless, we were really intent on getting a good, solid, durable white paint on the L-39. As was documented well at the time, the 90mm T-45's initial white painted surfaces back in 2015 eventually developed a UV sensitivity in certain batches, so with the L-39 we made an extra effort to extend our testing profiles longer and in a wider array of environmental conditions. The easier option of course would have been to leave the bare foam unpainted, as we did on the Avanti S, but as a Scale jet, we strongly felt the L-39's white needed to be painted. As Bajora's pics show, the end result is considerably better balanced than having white foam cells partitioned from red and blue painted areas.
                        My T-45 looks like it lives in a bar that still allows smoking!!!! LOL It is quite yellow.... :Cool: Thanks for the white paint on the L-39. It looks really nice!!!

Comment

• The L-39’s paint job looks like the best I’ve seen from Freewing. Bajora’s pictures really show it off well. Bravo ya’ll, bravo. I’m lovin’ it....hold on....that sounds too much like a McDonald’s commercial, but whatever. I really do love the attention to detail on every new model.

Name:	7CF523F5-208A-4F16-B992-2537A22E8C27.gif
Views:	1068
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	150407

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                            The L-39’s paint job looks like the best I’ve seen from Freewing. Bajora’s pictures really show it off well. Bravo ya’ll, bravo. I’m lovin’ it....hold on....that sounds too much like a McDonald’s commercial, but whatever. I really do love the attention to detail on every new model.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7CF523F5-208A-4F16-B992-2537A22E8C27.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	150407
                            Now I am freaked out. I have to go check the trailers and shop for clowns with my Glock.... LOL It is kind of creepy though, hugh???

Comment

• LOL No doubt it’s freaky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                'Love the Black Diamonds! I fully expect the L-39 to be the next F-4 and MiG-21 in terms of varied paint schemes. Get yourselves to Home Depot and Callie Graphics, friends, and let's see what you've got. (Except for you, Steve, you can't play :D ).

I can't play? :Crying::Crying2:

Comment

• Heres my pics from Wings Over Houston

Comment

• Send me one or else

Comment

• Alpha, love the fact the Air opening on the fuse bottom has a proper “NACA” shape to it.

Comment

• On the roll ... and speaking of, I noticed that this model seems to have noticeably less rolling resistance than many of my other FW EDF models?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                                          Alpha, love the fact the Air opening on the fuse bottom has a proper “NACA” shape to it.
                                          Thanks for noticing, Robert! While it doesn't scale exactly to the aerodynamic T, it does achieve what we want it to achieve while avoiding most of what we want to avoid. As with almost all of our jets, the L-39 will fly with the aux inlet covered over. It's really there to give practical "Oh crap" emergency thrust if the model finds itself slow and in an awkward position.
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X