Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew my L39 today and thanks Scott H for the flight photos!! I just before taxing out on my next flight, I noticed my left elevator servo wasn't moving :(….. aborted my flight and later at home it looks like another bad servo. Yikes... that was a close one.
    Rich
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image1[67873].jpeg
Views:	1164
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	205964Click image for larger version

Name:	L39  1.jpeg
Views:	1097
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	205965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1238.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	205966Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	1094
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	205967

Comment

• Hi Guys,
      Just in case anyone else has to replace one of the elevator servos, this is some of my notes based on my experience.

1] remove the vertical fin 4 screws
      2] remove the horizonal stub 4 screws
      3 unplug both elevator servo plugs
      4] pull out servos leads with horizontal stub
      5] the servo is mounted in the pocket with silicone glue.
      6] use an xacto knife to cut the glue around the edges of the servo
      7] I used my spudger tool to clean the glue without hurting the foam
      8] use needle nosed pliers to lift out the servo with the pliers (see photo)
      9] please note: the servo lead is 30" and not what the L39 product page says.
      10] reverse the process to install the new servo. Use silicone glue to mount the new servo and feed the lead into the foam channel and route it back through the stub opening.
      I hope this helps
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3548.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	206299Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3547.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	206300Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	206301Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3550.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	206302Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3551.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	206303

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
        Has anyone here got a near match for the Red colour for the L-39?? TIA
        Last edited by Deegeedoo; Jul 19, 2019, 08:02 AM. Reason: That color of is just about right on.

Comment

• my l39 has been flying fine until yesterday when I dropped the flaps to full the nose went up about 45 degrees... never did that before so checked the flap to elevator mix and reduced it quit a bit...it worked at that setting well until now one of those things that make u go hummmmm!!!

Comment

• Deployed at a higher speed probably.

Comment

• actually it was almost zero power with the gear down and takeoff flaps all ready deployed,,,hope it doesent do that again :)

Comment

• Hummmmmmm 🤔

Comment

• 2 flights on mine today. Wind was finally down the runway and not a 90 degree crosswind. Had to relearn how not to hold in rudder. Hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    I agree with Evan D's assessment. The F-86 feels lighter on the wing, which is good in some respects and not in others. The L-39 "penetrates" better through wider wind conditions. It feels very locked in, which is typical of a model carrying a bit more speed and a bit higher wing loading. If you're comfortable with your F-86, I don't think you'd have any problem acclimating to the L-39. They're similar enough to where it won't feel like you're jumping a chasm in difficulty, yet they're still different enough where flying them back to back offers something unique for both.

The real advantage the L-39 has, in my opinion, is the undercarriage as Evan D pointed out. The L-39 has larger and stronger undercarriage, and it still has a respectably slow and controllable approach speed, so all that suspension is just extra insurance. My F-86 had a tendency to hop if I didn't pin her down correctly. The L-39 tends to soak up my bad landings better, and its wheels are larger which is always an advantage of plowing through grass or riverbed or whatever I can fly off of here.
                    Ditto that comment.

Just maidened mine today and it was rock solid from the get go! I immediately felt comfortable with this plane as opposed to other EDF's I have flown. I have the Admiral 6ch Rx with gyro and where I fly it seems to be always windy and she handled the wind like it wasn't there.

Yup! My F-86 did the bunny hop a few weeks ago and luckily she came out unscathed (whew)!

The L-39 is my "go to" plane.

FW F/A-18
                    FW L-39
                    FW T-45
                    FW Mig 21
                    FW F-86
                    Eflite F-4
                    Eflite F-16
                    Eflite F-15

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Pull the esc programming instructions from Motion and go through the complete option settings. Ask me how I know........I used the same radio profile as my Avanti and getting 4.5mins on 6250ma. I set time to 3:45 on the L39 using 5000ma. First few flights were less than 2.5 and hitting LVC. I went through and reprogrammed the esc using the throttle stick and now I'm back at 4.5 mins on this jet even with a 5000ma bat.
                      As for throttle range set, yes for sure initial and rebind then you should be set.
                      Yup!

4.5 minutes on a 6S 5000 with proper throttle calibration.

Comment

• Welcome Rudder! Glad you are here!!! Have a blessed Sunday!!! Jerry

Comment

• Congrats Rudder and Race, The more you fly it the more you'll like it. Not only is it stable but it's also highly aerobatic... It just has no issues.

Comment

• Good to hear rudderman. I sold my Avanti to my son and now the L39 is my take anytime/anywhere keep in car #1.

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome guys. Happy to be here!

Long time contributor at RCG for about 20 years. Needed something fresh related to these fine FW models.

Comment

•  

Comment

• nice job on the L39. I really liked the way the sun was shining off the body and the shadows in the turns!

all the best
                                  Rich

Comment

• Thanks Rich

Comment

• L-39 being delivered today - I just noticed this thread and you peeps so I suspect I will be bugging you for advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                                        Thanks Rich
                                        Nice follow up video! I need more light to fly :)
                                        Flew my L39 today after replacing the left elevator servo. So much fun and great to be flying again.

Rich

Comment

• Thanks. I love the way it tracks like an arrow down the runway before take off and landing, something my other jets don't do as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X