X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
    Put the first two flights on the L-39 today. What a nice flying airplane. Installed a AR636 receiver so I’ll continue to adjust the gyro gains. Plane is smooth and precise. The Russian scheme show up great in the air.
    Hi John, would you be willing to share your gyro settings?
    Cheers
    Mike

Comment

• Thought i would share some glamor shots of my Dragon courtesy of Callie. Took some work with such a large graphic so made some strategic cuts and carefully lined it up when applied. Flies on 6s 5000ma RT and goes along like on rails. The turns dont climb or tuck under so i guess the cg is in the sweet spot.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice! Great job!

Comment

• Sorry, mine fit up perfectly. I have the new camo version Maybe they changes something.

Comment

• Our planes are notorious for having mismatched paint lines and even shades of paint.

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
            Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble fitting the gun pod on their L39? Mine slides on initially and then jams up about 3/8 of an inch from where I assume it is supposed to be. ( Where the red trim lines would meet) I opened up the gap in the pod where the lugs on the plane should slide and even added a little silicon grease to help out but with no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks flyers!

Comment

• Hello all new to Hobby Squawk but not to RC. I fly all scale gas warbirds and since everyone at my field seems to have at least one EDF i decided to get one. There were a lot of Avantis and i flew a club members and why it does fly great i am a military junkie so i decided to get the L 39 camo version after reading the reviews and seeing them fly. If anyone has been using the Admiral RX600SP on this plane or any other EDF can you tell me if you have been happy with it? The reviews on MotionRC are 4.8/5 with over 340 reviews but i have never used anything but Spektrum RX and i just want to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks
              Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by p3arljam View Post
                Hello all new to Hobby Squawk but not to RC. I fly all scale gas warbirds and since everyone at my field seems to have at least one EDF i decided to get one. There were a lot of Avantis and i flew a club members and why it does fly great i am a military junkie so i decided to get the L 39 camo version after reading the reviews and seeing them fly. If anyone has been using the Admiral RX600SP on this plane or any other EDF can you tell me if you have been happy with it? The reviews on MotionRC are 4.8/5 with over 340 reviews but i have never used anything but Spektrum RX and i just want to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks
                Charlie
                Hello Charlie and welcome to the Squawk.
                The Admiral receivers are a Lemon receiver that have been customized to MotionRC specs.
                I dropped the use of the over priced Spektrum Rx's 4 years ago for the Lemons and have never had an issue with them nor the Admirals.

Best regards,
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hello all new to Hobby Squawk but not to RC. I fly all scale gas warbirds and since everyone at my field seems to have at least one EDF i decided to get one. There were a lot of Avantis and i flew a club members and why it does fly great i am a military junkie so i decided to get the L 39 camo version after reading the reviews and seeing them fly. If anyone has been using the Admiral RX600SP on this plane or any other EDF can you tell me if you have been happy with it? The reviews on MotionRC are 4.8/5 with over 340 reviews but i have never used anything but Spektrum RX and i just want to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks
                  Charlie
                  works very well for me on three planes

Comment

• Well she is all ready for the Maiden flight which will probably be on Friday. I did a few simple mods like adding magnets to the nose cone instead of gluing it . Do most of you guys use a mix for Flap/Elevator or just control it by feel?

Comment

• I use no mix and am very happy with the way it flies and lands.

Comment

• Hi P3arljam ,
                        I am using a elevator/flap mix on my spektrum IX12. I did the maiden and 6 more flights on that day. I played around with the mix on each landing until I had it tweaked. I have to use flaps to get down after clearing a tree line at my main field. It flies so nice you will be very happy.
                        Brent

Comment

• urrl you always have good flights. And a ton of room out there.

Comment

• I have a tiny bit of down mix. 1% on half 3% on full.

Comment

• Getting ready for the maiden and the nose gear wont retract anyone else run into this issue? I put the nose gear retract on a servo tester and i hear a faint click sound and thats it.

Comment

Getting ready for the maiden and the nose gear wont retract anyone else run into this issue? I put the nose gear retract on a servo tester and i hear a faint click sound and thats it.
                                Did you crank the servo tester dial from end to end a couple of cycles? The click may mean that it's just reset itself because the dial was at the wrong end.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  Did you crank the servo tester dial from end to end a couple of cycles? The click may mean that it's just reset itself because the dial was at the wrong end.
                                  Yes i did i have tried other tests as well with the same issue. Motion is sending me a new retract they have great customer service.

Comment

• Oh crap, was fooling around with flaps and lost control too low. Almost headed toward the pits so i dumped it. Analyzing damage and ordered parts today. I love that camo L39. Dont take your eyes off of it when making low passes!

Comment

• My favorite jet but looking forward to the new Freewing AL37 airliner.

Comment

• L39 now standard with the 1857kv inrunner. I'm a big fan of this move to inrunners!!

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Now $399... We knew the inrunner would raise the price, Motion told us so. When I bought mine it was $349 and the most expensive 80mm FW EDF. It was worth it. Great flying and had lots of scale features including quite a few lights. Then Motion raised prices... $385. Now $399. I still think it's a great deal for an awesome flying plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X